Discussion What to do with spare LCD screen

• Thread starter UBA Fatman UBA
  • Start date
  • Views 262
U

UBA Fatman UBA

Getting There
Reaction score
I have a spare LCD screen that I salvaged from a broken Acer Aspire (16 inch wide screen). It's in perfectly good condition and I have a spare desktop computer that works fine, what I want to do is embed the screen into a table, put a touch screen overlay on it and connect the computer to the screen; I have no clue how to connect the screen to the desktop computer; any ideas?

S

SullyCoolMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make it into a frisbee that lights up! :biggrin: OMG Epic!!

T

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Reaction score
That'd beat neat. I'd say, check out anywhere on the net for a tutorial. If you do this, you have to make a video.

U

UBA Fatman UBA

Getting There
Reaction score
That'd beat neat. I'd say, check out anywhere on the net for a tutorial. If you do this, you have to make a video.
The problem is, all of the tutorials use LCD *monitors*, I have an LCD screen from a laptop... And about the video, as long as you have the entire monitor, there are tutorials all over the web.

A

Artic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could try selling it on Ebay and then buy a normal LCD screen?
I would imagine trying to put it in a table would be more of a pain then just buying a normal one.

M

MadLittleMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A laptop screen monitor or whatever you have can be used. You just need to get an adapter or solder the connection to a normal VGA or DIVX cable...

Top Bottom