• Thread starter MLG LEG3NDz
  • Start date
  • Views 4,799
M

MLG LEG3NDz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I read a "RRoD Fix" on here, but I also tried to fix my xbox myself. I used "Silicone-base heat sink compound." Do I have to use acrilic silver 5? When I "fixed" my xbox it worked then 2 days later I got rrod again, (only used xbox the first day)

P

pimpfuu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
silicone based does not transfer heat as well, arctic silver is the best, because it transfers the most amount of heat. i fixed my xbox with arctic silver like 4 months ago, and havnt got rrod'd since

guily6669

guily6669

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dont use Artic Silver 5 it totally sucks, and it's getting pretty old...

The best of the best in all these world is "COOLLABORATORY LIQUID PRO" it's the new state, liquid metal, but u can only use it if u change the coolers to a copper version...

And when u use it u will see that the copper will actually get chromed...
coollaboratory7.jpg

(But this thermal paste is very dangerous in bad hands, and yes u cant use it in the original 360 cooler)...

Or u can use the 2nd best thermal compund "IC DIAMOND 7 CARAT" with diamond particles...
dobrywykrespasty-576x288.png
(This one will work with the normal xbox 360 cooler's, but u have to read careful the instructions because it's different from applying normal thermal compound).

Or if u want something more normal but still one of the best or maybe the best normal thermal compound u have "ARTIC COOLING MX-2 THERMAL COMPOUND" the new thermal compound from artic silver, dont know if they have a newer one nowadays, but this is the one i used in my 360, because it was their latest thermal compound...

MX-2_chart.gif

(actually there isin't much difference from the artic silver 5, but in 360 every difference is good, and anyway this new paste has lot more better functions, and actually i bought it for a even less price than the artic silver 5)

ps: if ur using the original coolers, i recomend u go for the ic diamond, because u will have something like 2C less, and that will be even more effective if u have better fans systems, since the thermal compound transfer better the heat from the cpu to the cooler, it will be able to transfer more heat, and then ur fans will move that heat away, so at the end it will make a lot more difference than u think...
Keep Cool

guily6669

guily6669

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
iTz Aaron said:
Dont trust on those black market thermal compunds..., they will probably be 5C higher, and then they probably will bleed, will be condutive, and with the time they probably bleed into the motherboard and since they are conductive, u will smell some some smoke :tongue:
Keep Cool

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Login
Register