1. Data Breach Warning!

In case you aren't aware, there has been an extremely large date breach of emails and passwords posted online! This is just a warning to check and ensure that all of your personal accounts are secure and for you to update passwords where necessary!

You can check your emails and passwords here to see if they are apart of the dump, but we would recommend updating passwords as a precaution!

Please also ensure that 2FA is enabled on your account(s)! You can add it to your Se7enSIns account here!
    Dismiss Notice

what the hell can i do? internet

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Supermagma, Feb 5, 2010 with 13 replies and 342 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supermagma

Supermagma Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ERM. Ive got 2 brothers that literally live on youtube, what can i do? its getting to a point where i just cant play my xbox now. i cant play a single game without half of it being stuck on a red freaking connection.

[​IMG]

WHAT can i do? I cant kick them off, ive tried that. i cant unplug their internet, i just need some way of playing xbox live without having a red connection.

MY HOUSE CANT UPGRADE TO ANOTHER ISP because the phone line we have sucks, virgin media dont do my area. If i do go with say talktalk i will get the same speeds :frown:

im lost for ideas

2. Platsko

Platsko Newbie

Ratings:
    best bet is to get a new router there are a few ive seen like the Dlink gaming router series that have the option of controling the amount of bandwidth used to each ip/computer so u can set your brothers at like 20% each and leave yourself with 60%

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Supermagma

Supermagma Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hmm that could be an option but i doubt theyd let me xD

4. Platsko

Platsko Newbie

Ratings:
    tell them your old router isnt working so you need to replace it and dont let them know about the caps :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Supermagma

Supermagma Enthusiast

Ratings:
    kinda difficult as my dad works for one of the biggest computer companies in the world, hes not stupid xD

6. ukrides

ukrides Enthusiast

Ratings:
    every time they go on youtube hit them !! HARD theyl learn itl be like training an animal :tongue:

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    Supermagma

Supermagma Enthusiast

Ratings:
    theyre 3 and 4 years older than me

8. Nookie

Nookie Enthusiast

Ratings:
    upgrade your current internet plan with your ISP, to a faster connection speed. increasing your bandwidth will allow data to transfer quicker and an 8000Kb/s connection should allow everyone in your household to use the internet happily. you can check your ISP's website for their available plan options.

you have terrible down/up speeds.

:thumbdown:

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    Supermagma

Supermagma Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i cant, the current line we have doesnt support anything else. i can go onto BTs website and type my phone number, it says
    I just did another test on their site by typing in my landline phone and it says i can get a MAXIMUM of 5.0mb and i can get it NOW. I know its not possible though

10. iGotTheSmores

iGotTheSmores Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Convince your father to upgrade if possible. If not, depending on your router you can flash it with a special CFW of DD-WRT. Where you can limit certain device/clients uplink/downlink speed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    Supermagma

Supermagma Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hmm thanks for the help guys, but theres actually nothing that i can realistlicly do. thanks all anyway

12. Nookie

Nookie Enthusiast

Ratings:
    upgrade your plan to either the 2Mbps or the 5Mbps through BT. this will drastically improve your down/up speeds.

13. Klaxon

Klaxon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    (you+hammer)+(their computers)= Happy You!

are just go to websites with viruses

14. Tricked

Tricked Getting There

Ratings:
    smack them with a frying pan everytime they go on youtube