what the hell can i do? internet

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Supermagma, Feb 5, 2010 with 13 replies and 338 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supermagma

Supermagma Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ERM. Ive got 2 brothers that literally live on youtube, what can i do? its getting to a point where i just cant play my xbox now. i cant play a single game without half of it being stuck on a red freaking connection.

[​IMG]

WHAT can i do? I cant kick them off, ive tried that. i cant unplug their internet, i just need some way of playing xbox live without having a red connection.

MY HOUSE CANT UPGRADE TO ANOTHER ISP because the phone line we have sucks, virgin media dont do my area. If i do go with say talktalk i will get the same speeds :frown:

im lost for ideas

2. Platsko

Platsko Newbie

Ratings:
    best bet is to get a new router there are a few ive seen like the Dlink gaming router series that have the option of controling the amount of bandwidth used to each ip/computer so u can set your brothers at like 20% each and leave yourself with 60%

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Supermagma

Supermagma Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hmm that could be an option but i doubt theyd let me xD

4. Platsko

Platsko Newbie

Ratings:
    tell them your old router isnt working so you need to replace it and dont let them know about the caps :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Supermagma

Supermagma Enthusiast

Ratings:
    kinda difficult as my dad works for one of the biggest computer companies in the world, hes not stupid xD

6. ukrides

ukrides Enthusiast

Ratings:
    every time they go on youtube hit them !! HARD theyl learn itl be like training an animal :tongue:

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    Supermagma

Supermagma Enthusiast

Ratings:
    theyre 3 and 4 years older than me

8. Nookie

Nookie Enthusiast

Ratings:
    upgrade your current internet plan with your ISP, to a faster connection speed. increasing your bandwidth will allow data to transfer quicker and an 8000Kb/s connection should allow everyone in your household to use the internet happily. you can check your ISP's website for their available plan options.

you have terrible down/up speeds.

:thumbdown:

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    Supermagma

Supermagma Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i cant, the current line we have doesnt support anything else. i can go onto BTs website and type my phone number, it says
    I just did another test on their site by typing in my landline phone and it says i can get a MAXIMUM of 5.0mb and i can get it NOW. I know its not possible though

10. iGotTheSmores

iGotTheSmores Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Convince your father to upgrade if possible. If not, depending on your router you can flash it with a special CFW of DD-WRT. Where you can limit certain device/clients uplink/downlink speed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    Supermagma

Supermagma Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hmm thanks for the help guys, but theres actually nothing that i can realistlicly do. thanks all anyway

12. Nookie

Nookie Enthusiast

Ratings:
    upgrade your plan to either the 2Mbps or the 5Mbps through BT. this will drastically improve your down/up speeds.

13. Klaxon

Klaxon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    (you+hammer)+(their computers)= Happy You!

are just go to websites with viruses

14. Tricked

Tricked Getting There

Ratings:
    smack them with a frying pan everytime they go on youtube