Unsolved What should I upgrade?

• Thread starter itslenovo
  • Start date
  • Views 293
I

itslenovo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got this $600 CyberPowerPC on sale for around $500, grabbed it because I knew it would be pretty easily upgradable in the future and also I wanted an affordable way to introduce myself to PC gaming. Lots of room in the case so space isn't an issue. Let me know what you think I should upgrade.

Budget around $200 USD but I can save some money for larger upgrades

Last edited:
V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
The CPU. You can grab a ryzen 1500

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
1500x?

Also, if I went with a 1600 or 1700 would that make the PC pretty unbalanced?
I feel like any upgrade to either cpu/ram/mobo/gpu will unbalance the rig. Like it's good as is, but anything from this year or last would unbalance it.

I

itslenovo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like any upgrade to either cpu/ram/mobo/gpu will unbalance the rig. Like it's good as is, but anything from this year or last would unbalance it.
I can always upgrade like 3 things at once, so keep that in mind. The price shouldn’t really be an issue over time just right now I’m kinda strapped

P

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Nothing is upgradable the ram, cpu & gpu are all trash tier. Nothing is worth keeping and $500 could have built a far superior rig. Return that **** and ask us to build you a list.

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
I can always upgrade like 3 things at once, so keep that in mind. The price shouldn’t really be an issue over time just right now I’m kinda strapped
Well that's the thing cpu/ram/mobo/gpu is pretty much the whole rig, so you'd almost be making something new entirely. You could start with the mobo/cpu.

This is the board I have:
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Gaming-Ryzen-Motherboard-TOMAHAWK/dp/B06WVFFXXL
And you can get this or the 1600 variant:
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Processor-Wraith-Cooler-YD150XBBAEBOX/dp/B06XKVNRSM/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_tr_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5B1XWWHPW6JR84BWWV9P

I

itslenovo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that's the thing cpu/ram/mobo/gpu is pretty much the whole rig, so you'd almost be making something new entirely. You could start with the mobo/cpu.

This is the board I have:
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Gaming-Ryzen-Motherboard-TOMAHAWK/dp/B06WVFFXXL
And you can get this or the 1600 variant:
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Processor-Wraith-Cooler-YD150XBBAEBOX/dp/B06XKVNRSM/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_tr_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5B1XWWHPW6JR84BWWV9P
Ok true. I think I’ll start with a 1600 and go from there

I

itslenovo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing is upgradable the ram, cpu & gpu are all trash tier. Nothing is worth keeping and $500 could have built a far superior rig. Return that **** and ask us to build you a list.
Nah man. It may be **** but I’m new to PC gaming and as far as I’m concerned this thing is a beast for what I need it for.

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah man. It may be **** but I’m new to PC gaming and as far as I’m concerned this thing is a beast for what I need it for.
you upgrade, when you see your fav. games run like crap.

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
dont mind him. some people have the mentality that if u cant run games at 4k 60 fps on 3 monitors then you'd might as well not play at all.

just start with the upgrades that i mentioned and youll be fine.

also grab at least a 120 gb ssd for your os, youll see a big difference

P

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
For $500 You can get a rig far superior to that piece of ****. And nothing is upgradable to change the CPU you need a new mobo + ram + new cpu.

Changing GPU will bottlenck the **** CPU.

There are no upgrades. You built it off a platform that is outdated as f***.

dont mind him. some people have the mentality that if u cant run games at 4k 60 fps on 3 monitors then you'd might as well not play at all.

He paid $600 for a $200 PC.

He coulda got this for 500

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($93.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - A320M-HDV Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($49.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($73.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.90 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 570 4GB Gaming 4G Video Card ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($35.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $532.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-08 12:52 EDT-0400

Or paid $30 more and got this

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($73.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.90 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 570 4GB Gaming 4G Video Card ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($35.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $638.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-08 12:53 EDT-0400

Last edited:
C

Courvix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SSD is the single best thing you can acquire to make any huge performance improvement on a computer.

Won't make much (if any) difference on games. It will make a world of difference with Windows and apps in general, though.

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can try second hand gpus. For example you can get 970gtx for a price of 1050ti and will beat 1050ti.

I

itslenovo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can try second hand gpus. For example you can get 970gtx for a price of 1050ti and will beat 1050ti.
SSD is the single best thing you can acquire to make any huge performance improvement on a computer.

Won't make much (if any) difference on games. It will make a world of difference with Windows and apps in general, though.

I was thinking of getting a new CPU, GPU (probably second hand) and different ram and maybe a new motherboard if I need it to keep the PC balanced.

I mean it runs Fortnite well over 100 fps on the settings I like, so I'm fine with that.

Probably going to wait a little for the SSD but will definitely get one eventually.

And not to mention, my monitor is only 60hz because I originally had it for PS4 so I don't need anything to run at 240 fps lmao

Top Bottom