What's new

What R* Says About Received Money

D

Demonision

Reaction score
So, I've read a bit of the forums and seen people saying that they've been put in to the cheater pool for receiving money from a modded or a bounty or giving money away. People argue whether R* has an auto-detect system to pick up on anything out of the ordinary with someone's account, or if R* wouldn't pick up on it quick enough and has to be from someone reporting you. I was researching for a while because I'm trying to get the mods working myself, already tried using the tunables.json and attempting to change the primary DNS to 199.101.103.67 or whatever it was, but it keeps going down. I wanted to get an idea of certain things that may trigger my account to be put in to the cheater pool, and I stumble upon this:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...ing-banned-for-gifting-receiving-modded-money

If you can't see links or whatever it pretty much says this:

Question: I heard Rockstar Games was banning players who received large amounts of GTA$ from modders. Is this true?

Answer: To keep the gameplay environment as fair as possible for legitimate players, we routinely do sweeps to separate out cheaters and modders, and to reverse any illegitimate transactions. These sweeps are based on in-game automated detection, examination of suspicious gameplay statistics, and also manually-reviewed evidence submitted by the Community. If you were not engaged in any willful cheating or exploiting yourself, you do not need to worry about getting caught up in our work to separate out cheaters from the rest of the population.

So, from what I've heard, I'm just gonna try and get my main account to a higher level (already level 79), no need for money, I come across modders from time to time. Then go on an alt which I used ages ago and just give out some money.

Hope this helped some of you that are unclear of how the banning system works.

EDIT: Sorry for poor grammar and what not, it's 7:53 AM here and I haven't slept. been waiting for the DNS server to come back up

T

TYmaster50

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spoiler: its not going back up. People ruined it .

J

JordonLeedell

I ♥ Awakening
Reaction score
im level 191, have 31m and a 4.04 K/D ratio. im on the tip of the iceberg :biggrin:

D

David79922

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTACashLobbyTutorial 14 points 37 minutes ago*

I shut it down. Not only did I not expect 65,000 users, it was getting enough attacks (or legit traffic, I couldn't really tell) to effect other VMs on the same server.

http://imgur.com/Mit93f6
Quote from his Reddit. That server is gone forever.

D

Demonision

Reaction score
Quote from his Reddit. That server is gone forever.
Just saw that :frown:, pissed off that I missed out. All this wait and it's gone, TrevCraftPro, the first YouTuber to post it said this a few hours ago:

UPDATE: SERVER WENT OFFLINE AGAIN! I'm getting my own though soon so we won't have to worry about this

So, I don't know, a few of my friends were doing it before the PS3 Tutorial came out, I was busy looking for a phoenix.

Top Bottom