• Thread starter adbdragonmaster
  • Start date
  • Views 1,097
adbdragonmaster

adbdragonmaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am looking to really improve my phone experience. I have had only 3 phones, and they have all been "eh" to me. I started out with a flip phone, then changed to the lumia 900, then the lumia 1020. Windows phone was ok, but I am definitely ready to change.

I was leaning towards the GS6, and my friend recommended the LGG4. Usually I play simple games (mainly because windows phones don't have anything too extravagant), and I browse social media/read stuff on the internet. Both of the above phones were appealing to me because they're new, and they have amazing specs compared to the phone I have now (Lumia 1020). People complain about no removable battery on the GS6 and no expandable storage, but I have never had a phone that could do that anyways, so I couldn't care less. It is important that it has a good battery. For the most part, my lumia did have good battery.

I also want it to be relatively customizable software wise (so no iphones - they're too expensive anyways), and I want them to be durable too. The GS6 is almost my #1 choice, but the things that take me back is the fragileness of the phone, and I've heard the battery sometimes isn't good.

I will have to buy my phone unlocked so I don't have to pay upgrade fees and blah blah at AT&T. What should I get? Have any suggestions?

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
I am looking to really improve my phone experience. I have had only 3 phones, and they have all been "eh" to me. I started out with a flip phone, then changed to the lumia 900, then the lumia 1020. Windows phone was ok, but I am definitely ready to change.

I was leaning towards the GS6, and my friend recommended the LGG4. Usually I play simple games (mainly because windows phones don't have anything too extravagant), and I browse social media/read stuff on the internet. Both of the above phones were appealing to me because they're new, and they have amazing specs compared to the phone I have now (Lumia 1020). People complain about no removable battery on the GS6 and no expandable storage, but I have never had a phone that could do that anyways, so I couldn't care less. It is important that it has a good battery. For the most part, my lumia did have good battery.

I also want it to be relatively customizable software wise (so no iphones - they're too expensive anyways), and I want them to be durable too. The GS6 is almost my #1 choice, but the things that take me back is the fragileness of the phone, and I've heard the battery sometimes isn't good.

I will have to buy my phone unlocked so I don't have to pay upgrade fees and blah blah at AT&T. What should I get? Have any suggestions?

I'm using the Galaxy s4, i've had it since it's release. I have a lifeproof case on it and i've literally thrown it down cement stairs (to test it haha). And it has expandable memory and a battery you can take out. So I'd suggest the s4 and the lifeproof case. Would probably save money at least.

Stxnce

Stxnce

⋆ Car Obsessed ⋆
Reaction score
Sin$
Since you don't like iPhone's , I would personally say go for some sort of Samsung device , I use to have a Windows phone and it was the worst phone I have ever had.The marketplace on them things are a joke. :thumbsup:

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm using the Galaxy s4, i've had it since it's release. I have a lifeproof case on it and i've literally thrown it down cement stairs (to test it haha). And it has expandable memory and a battery you can take out. So I'd suggest the s4 and the lifeproof case. Would probably save money at least.
That phone is like 2 years old lol.

My recommendations:

Moto X Style/Pure
LG G4
The next nexus phone(if you can wait)

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
Sin$

My recommendations:

Moto X Style/Pure
LG G4

And? The ps4 and Xbox one are also two years old but people are still buying them :tongue:

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
And? The ps4 and Xbox one are also two years old but people are still buying them :tongue:
Phones are a different story.

trmkaoo.png

129 Is the cheapest.

Double that and you get a phone that is MILES ahead in terms of longevity.
7VBioEY.png

Sprinkle a little more on top and you get a brand new, spec killer phone:

http://www.motorola.com/on/demandwa...a_WE-Site/en/Product-Show?pid=moto-x-style-we

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Phones are a different story.

trmkaoo.png

129 Is the cheapest.

Double that and you get a phone that is MILES ahead in terms of longevity.
7VBioEY.png

Sprinkle a little more on top and you get a brand new, spec killer phone:

http://www.motorola.com/on/demandwa...a_WE-Site/en/Product-Show?pid=moto-x-style-we

He's never had a smart phone. He doesn't know what it means to have a fast or powerful phone, and he stated that he may not use it for those purposes. And 129 compared to 260 is much better.
Here's how I see it, let's say you have a old person and they want a new computer. That they've used their windows 98 pc for long enough. Are you going to get them a 2 thousand dollar gaming computer? ofcourse not, they'll never use it for what it's build for.
Same with this, why have him spend a lot of money on a phone when he'll never use it at it's maximum. I say, buy a cheaper and still very useful phone rather than buy a very expensive phone that'll you'll just use for facebook.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
He's never had a smart phone. He doesn't know what it means to have a fast or powerful phone, and he stated that he may not use it for those purposes. And 129 compared to 260 is much better.
Here's how I see it, let's say you have a old person and they want a new computer. That they've used their windows 98 pc for long enough. Are you going to get them a 2 thousand dollar gaming computer? ofcourse not, they'll never use it for what it's build for.
Same with this, why have him spend a lot of money on a phone when he'll never use it at it's maximum. I say, buy a cheaper and still very useful phone rather than buy a very expensive phone that'll you'll just use for facebook.
If you read the OP he wants a phone with good specs and battery. The Galaxy S 4 is old and has touch wiz on it. Both those factors will make the phone slow down eventually. The Moto phones are basically stock android, brand new, and have the features he wants.

Plus you argument is irrelevant to me because when we got my grandma a smart phone we got get the Galaxy note 2 and then upgraded it to the note 4 when it came out. Grandpa got the Gs4 when it was brand new and will get another smartphone when his upgrade is due, other grandpa has a Galaxy s5 brand new.

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
Sin$
If you read the OP he wants a phone with good specs and battery. The Galaxy S 4 is old and has touch wiz on it. Both those factors will make the phone slow down eventually. The Moto phones are basically stock android, brand new, and have the features he wants.

Plus you argument is irrelevant to me because when we got my grandma a smart phone we got get the Galaxy note 2 and then upgraded it to the note 4 when it came out. Grandpa got the Gs4 when it was brand new and will get another smartphone when his upgrade is due, other grandpa has a Galaxy s5 brand new.

no, my argument still works for you. do they use those phones to their fullest potential? If not, then they still could've gotten a cheaper phone. If anything my argument works with you much better now.

op wants:
cheap
customizeable

how does a 200+ dollar phone fit in for "cheap".
I'm suggesting a $130 phone

Last edited:
S

Scarlett Johansson

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Sin$

My recommendations:

Moto X Style/Pure
LG G4
I think I'll agree with Chazay Chazay , the phones he's listed are great for their price and they don't have battery issues like Samsung phones, you could also try to get the OnePlus One.

adbdragonmaster

adbdragonmaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Too late guys I ordered the GS6. Should be coming today hopefully

sand1303

sand1303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
its a great phone. i have the 128 gig so the no expandable storage doesn't mean a thing to me. even if i had the 32 i wouldn't care. if i can get by on a 16 gig iphone i don't think i really need a micro sd slot lol. also i don't remember EVER having a situation where i had to pull the battery without any other option. i hear too many people saying "no removable battery or micro sd slot, that's a deal breaker for me". those things only matter to certain people who like to carry so don't ever make it a factor when your debating unless u need it

adbdragonmaster

adbdragonmaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
its a great phone. i have the 128 gig so the no expandable storage doesn't mean a thing to me. even if i had the 32 i wouldn't care. if i can get by on a 16 gig iphone i don't think i really need a micro sd slot lol. also i don't remember EVER having a situation where i had to pull the battery without any other option. i hear too many people saying "no removable battery or micro sd slot, that's a deal breaker for me". those things only matter to certain people who like to carry so don't ever make it a factor when your debating unless u need it
Yea the only problem I'm having is that I can't find a way to transfer texts from windows to android, otherwise it's good

hunter1515

hunter1515

Look behind you..
Reaction score
Sin$
My advice is a Samsung S6 active. Great phone, I have had mine for a little while now and it has gone through harsh things.

vRice

vRice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd personally recommend the OnePlus One. I got mine delivered two days ago and I'm in love with it, it's a great phone with a relatively small price tag!

I have the sandstone black version (64GB) and it cost £210 :- )

CVLTVRE CLVB

CVLTVRE CLVB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd personally recommend the OnePlus One. I got mine delivered two days ago and I'm in love with it, it's a great phone with a relatively small price tag!

I have the sandstone black version (64GB) and it cost £210 :- )
I second this.

My dad has a OnePlus One too. It's his first 'real' advanced smartphone to date.

The phone has a fairly large screen, a really good front- and rear camera and has an overall great performance.
If OP is into cheap prices, but great quality this is the phone. As long you keep it in plastic cover that includes a screen protective flip, then you'll be all fine.

Top Bottom
Login
Register