Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest,

If you are in need or looking for a modded lobby please check in the CoD: World at War Modded Lobbies section. Any posts asking for lobbies will be deleted as it is considered spam.

Thank you.

What perks to use?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: World at War' started by DrastiK, Feb 11, 2009 with 10 replies and 950 views.

1. DrastiK

DrastiK Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Alright can someone make a list of perks that should be used for hardcore games, and ones that should be used for core games?

Also what are the best class' and perks to use for S & D?

• Like Like x 1
  2. DeathFromTurds

DeathFromTurds Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You never need stopping power in hardcore PERIOD!
    And last stand in hardcore is pwnage if u got the .357

• Like Like x 1
  3. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Contributor

Ratings:
    Read my sig. I can't really tell you what perks are good because IDK you and IDK how you play. Though, some good perks for S&D would be Double Tap, Bouncing Betties, and I really can't remember all of the perks right now because I just went blank lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SurF

SurF Experienced Member

Ratings:
    Try out all the perks, and see which once's you like best. Everyone has their own opinion.:biggrin:

5. Jedson29

Jedson29 Newbie

Ratings:
    There are not a lot of perks that are really effective in Hardcore, but a select few that are really dominate, so here are some suggestions...

If you like to camp in Hardcore here you go
    Perk 1 - Bouncing Betties
    Perk 2 - Camouflage
    Perk 3 - Either Steady Aim or Second Chance

If you are running and gunning in Hardcore
    Perk 1 - Bomb Squad (So you can avoid everyone's betties and all, saves your life ALOT)
    Perk 2 - Camouflage still, I would suggest if you have unlocked it to use a silencer, then you are completely undetectable on radar
    Perk 3 - Still Steady Aim or Second Chance, Second Chance for getting some extra kills or Steady Aim if you like to spray a little more

Now for core games, this is way more up to you because most of the perks in core games work out according to how YOU play, but I will give you some suggestions.
    Perk 1 - Bomb Squad or Betties
    Perk 2 - Stopping Power, Juggernaut, Camouflage (I wouldn't use Camo unless you are going to use a silence weapon because there is ALWAYS radar)
    Perk 3 - Steady Aim if you don't like to hold the left trigger... Martyrdom will net you some really easy kills... Second Chance, although I wouldn't suggest it if you don't have the magnum yet beacause by the time you hit someone with a normal pistol it is too late because the damage won't kill fast enough...

Like ii CoRrUpT xX said though, it is mostly how YOU play. So if you don't like something switch it out. And like DeathFromTurds said, there are some perks you DO NOT use in certain modes, like Stopping Power in Harcore, that is a no no. Also don't use Martyrdom because this will kill other teamates REALLY easy. Reconnaissance is pretty pointless too because you don't have radar all the time, hell, it is pointless most of the time in core games.

As for Search and Destroy, I don't play regular at all so here are some Harcore tips. You have to be WAY more tactical then any other gametype, so usually use Bomb Squad so when you plant the bomb you don't die by betties or satchels. If you want use a Rifle Gernade because if you shoot them off right away at spawn to the other spawn, you can net some easy kills. Use Camo if you want too, beause if they have radar then you have a good chance of dying real quick. Perks in Search and Destroy are usually the same as just any harcore match.

6. WishMaster

WishMaster Member

Ratings:
    This is my Sniping Perks for Hardcore games.

Bouncing Betties
    Camouflage
    Second Chance

This way im completely undectable on radar.:tongue:
    Only way to see me is when they see the flash of my shots:thumbdown:

7. Hunter TS

Hunter TS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    All pretty good advice here but like they said its basically up to you and how you play. I usually always use betties, stopping power, and either steady aim or second chance. I use second chance because me and my brother always revive each other.

If i play Core search i basically use three classes. If im attacking i use Bomb squad because you can always guarantee betties, stopping power, and dead silence. If I notice a member of the other team got three kills i will change to my second class which is the same as above except i use camoflauge because he will have radar next round.

For defending i use betties, stopping power, steady aim.

Thats pretty much it. It has many variables though like what weapon you use them on. Like you wouldnt want to use douple tap on the ppsh because it already shoots fast. If you use the mp40 you can get away with jugg or another perk instead of stopping power because it has optimal damage. Slight of hand is great for the double barrell. And on and on. Weigh your options with the performance of the weapon in use.

Hope this helps a bit. Good advice from everyone:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  8. WishMaster

WishMaster Member

Ratings:
    Actually did does help, i use second chance when i play with my friends.
    Especially for search and destroy.

9. fireman1807

fireman1807 Newbie

Ratings:
    Bouncing Betties
    Camouflage
    Second Chance :biggrin:

10. Max Ramsay

Max Ramsay Newbie

Ratings:
    For Core: Doesn't really matter, if you have common sense, or a personal preference as to what your trying to accomplish in the game mode you'll know what to pick and what to do with them.

For HardCore: Since bullets hurt more in this (alot more), I would suggest taking the stealthy route seeing as increased damage (Stopping Power), or an extra shot (Juggernaut) aren't as useful. What you might want to take is Camo, so you can't be seen on radar. If you know that Camo doesn't matter when you play (you like to run and gun), I'd suggest Double Tap (Increased Rate of fire) if your using something slow like the bar so that they die quicker (or you miss more :tongue:) or Sleight of Hand (Faster Reloads) for a faster weapon, like the Thompson. These will increase the effectiveness of the weapons you use, thus making you do better. For a third and final perk I suggest that you pick whatever you think compliments your second perk and your weapon the best. Since there are not as many third perks this will not be hard.

Hope I helped,

Max Ramsay :smile:

:smile:

11. vvSTRIDEvv

vvSTRIDEvv Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I used Camoflage on perk#2 for a while. BUT, i found that with the big maps, for my style, I almost want them to know where I am. It's unconventional, but I run Dead Silence on every class, when they move in on my position from radar, I can hear them coming. I've found that I get more kills this way, and I avoid the marathoning around. So, I use Double Tap instead.