What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Discussion What Makes A Try-Hard?

• Thread starter ThemanDupri
  • Start date
  • Views 570
T

ThemanDupri

Blow Some Trees
Reaction score
Sin$
Me personally I hate hearing the word "try-hard"when playing in MW2... I'm not even sure what really defines one of them. I get called a try hard all the time because in S&D I actually play the objective and do my best to aid the team. If that means going prone in the grass to cover the bomb-site then so be it. Another way to get called a try hard is to post a high kill/death ratio in S&D. Apparently if you get more than 10 Kills in a game your just being a try hard. Anyways, I wanted to get your input on what makes a try hard or is it just a term that aggravated people use when they notice you're doing well. Thanks guys, take it easy!

Clown

Clown

VIP
VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain End of the Year 2011 End of the Year 2013
Reaction score
Sin$
It's an alibi for when someone does bad or loses a game, they call the best member on the opposite team a "try-hard."
It's just them being butt hurt over a video game.

T

ThemanDupri

Blow Some Trees
Reaction score
Sin$
It's an alibi for when someone does bad or loses a game, they call the best member on the opposite team a "try-hard."

Haha I like that one, butt hurt. Thanks

run632

run187-

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Me personally I hate hearing the word "try-hard"when playing in MW2... I'm not even sure what really defines one of them. I get called a try hard all the time because in S&D I actually play the objective and do my best to aid the team. If that means going prone in the grass to cover the bomb-site then so be it. Another way to get called a try hard is to post a high kill/death ratio in S&D. Apparently if you get more than 10 Kills in a game your just being a try hard. Anyways, I wanted to get your input on what makes a try hard or is it just a term that aggravated people use when they notice you're doing well. Thanks guys, take it easy!
i get more than 10 kills a game and i suck at mw2 im the sort of person that gets excited at hitting a ac130 ks highest streak is 21 so i really suck (should of been 31 but the **** host hit the dash because he was losing )
i could camp for more but is dull and im not that interested in nukes pointless imo
anyways just mute these idiots submit review avoid
i played with a level 70 1st prestige yesterday who was playing objective bare-bones with me and he calls me a moron because i killed him alot
point based game 1st prestige wtf is the point guy was running around with a default class as well why wont these girls just prestige you get some of the best guns to start ..

Ripper

Ripper

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Not necessarily...
This happens to me at least once a day; I'm using a riot shield in S&D because it's fun and I someone dropshots me from behind. I mean, really?! That is someone who is absoloutely ruining any amount of fun left in the game and by my standards, is classed as a tryhard.
Or when me and another guy with a sniper end up having a little quickscope battle, he decides to take out a Spas-12 and once again ruin the fun.

To sum it up, what makes a tryhard? Someone who tries their *** to get a good score but at the same time ruins the fun for everyone else because they have a burning desire to win..

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically the person who usually says it is the worst player on the other team. There really isn't no such thing as a try hard. You play the game how you want to play it.

P

p3rksy

Elite Member
End of the Year 2010 TotM Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
I usually think of tryhards as people who run around with Marathon, Lightweight and Ninja with a UMP45 FMJ

sirwizkhalifa

sirwizkhalifa

Enthusiast
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They just feel bad because they lost and want to make you feel bad of yourself. There really isn't such thing as a try hard man.

NavyWalrus

NavyWalrus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
tryhards are the people who are last alive, against one other guy. They try to make a funny or ...1337 killcam, but they fail and lose the round.

xWench

xWench

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ANYONE who uses the UMP is a tryhard
Or is called iTzz zzzLEGIIITZZ v x iiii QUICCKSCOPEZZZ MAGIIKKZZZZ V3iiMLG xx

X

xEz T a r g e t

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm looking for a decent video editor.. If you're interested
leave your youtube link and your gt.
Please and Thank you..

Ways to contact me

PM
XBL GT = zDreamer II
AIM = BigDaddyVillery

D

Duhtermination

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Tryhard:
buy tryhard mugs, tshirts and magnets
In regards to recreational activities or video games, someone who must put forth 100% effort to come out victorious. As opposed to someone who doesn't need to do their best to win a game or contest.
Player A: "Yeah we won! Get pwned noobs."
Player B: "Shut up kid, you're such a tryhard. Wait till next game when I r*** you."

UrbanDictionary ftw.

Top Bottom
Login
Register