Solved What kind of Jtag should i get?

• Thread starter Mr Pecker
  • Start date
  • Views 1,644
M

Mr Pecker

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, i just recently signed up for se7ensins and wanted to post this question ive been pondering of for a wile now. What kind/type of Jtag should i get? Now i know what you're thinking, this guy has no clue of what a jtag even is, but you're wrong, ive done my research and finally decided that i want to take my business to the Jtagging community. Now i specifically want to use this Jtag for 10th Prestige Lobbies on MW2, But im still a little foggy on the whole situation. So Here's some questions i was wondering ...

-What kind of Jtag should i get? (What's The Price)
-What kind of KV's do i need / WTF is a KV and how do i get them?
-Do i need anything elts other than the jtag to start running Lobbies? If so, what?
-And if you already run 10th Lobbies, how much income are you getting?
-And links to any great tutorials for setting it up once i get all this.

If you could help me out, i would appreciate it, thanks !

Mr Mackey

Mr Mackey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What kind of Jtag should i get? (What's The Price)
Xenon JTAGs are a very good price for the risk you take with buying them. Xenons are notorious for getting RRoD, but if you allow for proper ventilation, you shouldnt have to worry. They usually run around $160 to $200 USD.
What kind of KV's do i need / WTF is a KV and how do i get them?

If you get a Xenon JTAG, you can get either Type 1 or Type 2 KV's. If you get a Falcon or a Jasper, you will need to get Type 2 KV's. A KV, or keyvault, is essentially a Microsoft-defined information file that you use to get on Xbox LIVE with your JTAG console. Check out the tutorial below for more depth information.
Do i need anything elts other than the jtag to start running Lobbies? If so, what?

You will need XeXMenu, the MW2 game file, a couple programs on the computer, and a patch of your choice is needed. Check out the tutorial below for more information.
And if you already run 10th Lobbies, how much income are you getting?

We tend to keep information like that confidential, but you will make enough have a smile on your face by the end of the night.
And links to any great tutorials for setting it up once i get all this.

How to unban your console: http://www.se7ensins...console-jselly/
How to host a 10th prestige lobby: http://www.se7ensins...-noob-friendly/

Also, MrXboxHD is right. JTAGs are so much more powerful than just MW2 modded lobbies. Look into custom dashboards, emulators, and other goodies!

xxXtReMeZzz

xxXtReMeZzz

Respect the Cosby. Cosby rules all.
Hardened Veteran Forum Addict Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
^^^^^ Your the first person ive seen who is actually quite nice when it comes to someone buying a jtag specifically for MW2 tenth lobbies.

E

Episodial

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Most people say you want a Xenon for online. But if you want to play your Jtag ALOT get a Falcon.

If you don't know what to chose...why not both?

I bought my console from this guy T.Monte, and he has a custom version of Freeboot v.032 that lets you run BOTH Type 1 AND Type 2 Kv's just like a Xenon.

I can vouch for him 100%.

He has a 7 day return/swap policy where if you have a problem like e74 or something with a console all you have to do is pay for shipping to him and he will pay for return shipping. No additional cost to you within the 7 day guarantee.

He will also answer any questions you have at his AIM: Cross X Continent.
Customer support is f***ing great with this guy btw.

Here is his official seller thread on my associated website. Tom's Mod Shop
180$ HDMI Type 1 and Type 2 HDMI Falcon. That includes shipping so no added fees.

Go to page 2 on that thread to see my review and my experience in more detail with my purchase.

M

Mr Pecker

Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, Didn't expect this many reply's before i even got out of the shower, thanks guys ! I appriciate you taking the time to do this.

Btw, is there anyway i can give you some sort of good "rep"? If so, lemme know and i will do so !

Mr Mackey

Mr Mackey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
^^^^^ Your the first person ive seen who is actually quite nice when it comes to someone buying a jtag specifically for MW2 tenth lobbies.

This is a support section, not a flame section.
cool.gif

Wow, Didn't expect this many reply's before i even got out of the shower, thanks guys ! I appriciate you taking the time to do this.

Btw, is there anyway i can give you some sort of good "rep"? If so, lemme know and i will do so !

M

Mr Pecker

Reaction score
Sin$
You said i shouldn't get it for only 10th... Then do you have any suggestions to what i should also use it for, like is there any other neat things you can do with this thing? :tongue:

Alrite, i found it, thanks again ! :biggrin:

Mr Mackey

Mr Mackey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You said i shouldn't get it for only 10th... Then do you have any suggestions to what i should also use it for, like is there any other neat things you can do with this thing? :tongue:
As I mentioned in my post before, you can run custom dashboards, run emulators (play N64 and other games on your console), and tons of other goodies. Most people get a JTAG and never go online with it because they are so powerful offline.

M

Mr Pecker

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, Mr Mackey... Not to sound like a pest to anyone elts reading this comment, but do you think that what that guy said about the falcon is a better option? orr .. yeeno?

Dang, ic.. very powerful

Mr Mackey

Mr Mackey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, Mr Mackey... Not to sound like a pest to anyone elts reading this comment, but do you think that what that guy said about the falcon is a better option? orr .. yeeno?

Dang, ic.. very powerful
What he said about the Falcon is true. They last a lot longer compared to a Xenon, but they will set you back substantially more than a Xenon.
Look at it this way:
Low cost - Xenon
Low change of problems - Falcon

SnD Scrub

SnD Scrub

The Warez kings humble Protégé
Reaction score
Sin$
xenon if your going online but i have never had any experience with any other jtags so thats all i can comment on

Realiityy

Realiityy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeh go with a Xenon, I bought my one when it had RRoD and I fixed it, added a good ventilation system and I take good care of it. Xenon's can use type 1 and 2 KV's. Over all its a great console to have.

The Truth

The Truth

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
What kind of Jtag should i get? (What's The Price)
Xenon due to the fact that they can be unbanned with type 1 and type 2 Kv's, easiest console to unban.
You can find them for 150 banned and around 225 unbanned with HDD and cables.
-What kind of KV's do i need / WTF is a KV and how do i get them? ( Not allowed to be discussed on here )
It is a file named Kv.bin and a cpu key, you use these to unban your jtag xbox 360. You can get them from KV sellers.
-Do i need anything elts other than the jtag to start running Lobbies? If so, what?
Yes, you need plenty of files, when you get a JTAG PM me and I can get you ALL of them
-And if you already run 10th Lobbies, how much income are you getting?
You have to host free lobbies here on 7s, you will make enough each time to get a kv and unban yourself.
-And links to any great tutorials for setting it up once i get all this.
Again, once you get one, PM Me and ill hook you up with EVERYthing you will ever need/

M

Mr Pecker

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks Truth, Tha'd be great ! And, also, i pretty sure don't need to make them free, because there's a section for free, and not free 10th Lobbies here on sins...

Top Bottom
Login
Register