What's new

Solved What is wrong with my Turtle Beaches?

• Thread starter Lady Gaga
  • Start date
  • Views 1,771
Lady  Gaga

Lady Gaga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I have had these Turtle Beaches about 8 months now and I like them.

A problem has begun to arouse as of late though.

I have been told by friends that my mic sometimes gives off random static and has a high pitched ring every now and then as well.

I can hear the game and everyone else speaking just fine.

Whats the problem? Is there a way I can fix this?

Will give more information if needed.

Jim Halpert

Jim Halpert

Yoink!
Tutorial Creator Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
sounds to me like there's a break in the audio cable, while there couldn't be a physical "break" audio cable is very fragile, and if its kinked or folded hard, it can let in interference from all of the other radio waves jumping around in the atmosphere, much like a guitar cable when you hear the buzzing from that, or you just have a bad connection somewhere

X

x Enjoi Life x

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
New cord is needed.
Same thing happened to mine.
Turtle Beach ships really fast, so buy it directly from them.
Kind of pricey but worth it.

Lady  Gaga

Lady Gaga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lady  Gaga

Lady Gaga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
sounds to me like there's a break in the audio cable, while there couldn't be a physical "break" audio cable is very fragile, and if its kinked or folded hard, it can let in interference from all of the other radio waves jumping around in the atmosphere, much like a guitar cable when you hear the buzzing from that, or you just have a bad connection somewhere

Well, its certainly not a problem with my connection..

ReesyBob

ReesyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Mine does it but only when i have the Play and charge kit in. Its wired, and also, if i move around the part that goes into the pad, it makes a really bad crackly noise.

Edit: I assume he will mean the cord that goes in the Small white thing an into the controller. Well, i have an x11, i dont know if the others are like that?

MrCoppa

XxYBzxX Coppa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Upgrade to the Burtle Teaches, it's the only way.

OT: The wires are most likely broken in an area which causes this noise, it happened to me before.

joshyc

joshyc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Mine did a while back, bad sound quality and feedback from microphone. Suggestion: don't buy TB's, their trash. Save up for a better headset.

Google

Google

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is what you need. It will only fix your problem for about 6 months. I would suggest saving up for a pair of Astros or the new Tritons that are coming out this holiday season. :biggrin:

Top Bottom
Login
Register