What is wrong with my HDD?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by xKNiiVES, Jul 2, 2009 with 4 replies and 308 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xKNiiVES

xKNiiVES Enthusiast

Ratings:
    My xbox came with a 20gb harddrive. I have Verizon fIOS.

So, on my xbox, I can't download anything. It says I have 12 GB free but when I go into my HDD on xbox, it says I am using 1 GB in my Games and the rest of the sections are very small.

When I bought a Fallout 3 add-on (broken steel), it woudn't let me download it! My brothers tell me that they can download things just fine on their Xbox. They are running on the same router, and 20 gb harddrives. So, I went to walmart, and bought another add on, which is Operation Anchorage and The Pit. I installed it succesfully but my Fallout 3 no longer worked. After playing it for a while, it kept freezing on me and I had to restart my xbox and it also said "This disc is unreadable." If it wasn't freezing or giving me errors about the disc being unreadable, it was really slow. When I deleted this add-on out of my HDD, Fallout 3 worked like it usually did. My brother called Xbox and the guy said that the add-on shouldn't even be in Walmart, lol, I don't think my brother or the guy that was helping understood eachother.

What can fix this? I've called about ALOT of times regarding the download issues, none of there advice worked. I've been thinking about buying a 60GB harddrive. Please help, if you don't understand this topic, please, ask questions!

24 hours and no response :frown:

WOW, 3 days and yet no help.

2. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Have you tried re-formatting the drive? Is this a old 360 or did you just get it not too long ago. If its new might as well call and get the hdd replaced. If its old and out of warranty then your probably screwed and was just one of those unlucky people that their hdd screwed up on.

3. OP
    xKNiiVES

xKNiiVES Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I got it last August for by B-Day. So, buying a 60 Gig can fix this?

4. knockem

knockem Contributor

Ratings:
    August is less then one year.. You still have warranty.

5. OP
    xKNiiVES

xKNiiVES Enthusiast

Ratings:
    do i call xbox to setup shipping and stuff?

Edit:
    Problem solved: My HDD broke today, E68. My xbox works fine with my friends HDD, and my brothers but not mine. LoL.