Solved What is Unscratched Paint?

• Thread starter Odd_Man
  • Start date
  • Views 5,456
Odd_Man

Odd_Man

Reaction score
Sin$
So I was trying to get pure white rims on the F1 wheels when something weird happened. The primary paint job, no matter what color I choose remains unscratched after leaving and entering the garage. If I put Torino red, drive out and come back in, there is no primary paint job checked off. Not sure if this has been found before. I’ll just leave this here and maybe someone can recreate what I did. I’ll start from the top since I have no clue why it’s doing this.

1. acquired the upgraded sandking xl by the dealership. The orange one since it has pure white wheels unscratched. (That vehicle came with an unscratched primary paint job as well. No color is checked off)
2. I left it as is. Then merged that sand king onto a fagio mod.
3. I merged that fagio mod onto my karma that has F1 rims to acquire the white on the F1 wheels.
4.once my karuma had the unscratched F1 wheels I merged it onto my magic slot.
**side note. At this point I have not touched any respray options***
5. I merged another random vehicle that has F1, Yankton, green tint, rwb tire smoke, onto my magic slot.
6. I did the upgrade and disconnect trick on my magic slot.
7. once my magic slot was good to go with the white F1 wheels and the whole package, I merged that to the new Jeep looking car. (can’t remember the name)
*** still have not touched anything since I got the sandking. So basically all the merged cars had the sandking paint job and all***
8.NOW. I put ice white primary, secondary and pearlescent on the Jeep to save the merge.
9. I drove out the car to see how I liked it. Drove in and noticed when I tried to change the color there was nothing checked off for primary. ALSO the secondary color has classic white AND metallic white checked off.
10.I changed the primary color to Torino red. Drove it out and back in and again, nothing was checked off for primary paint.

im not sure what’s happening. Maybe this is useful to someone out there or maybe someone can clean up the steps? maybe this was discovered? Idk I’m simply putting what I did and what happened Since I’ve not come across this before. I can post a video later on to demonstrate this phenomenon.

Solution
Navy Davey
Yet I still don't know what unscratched paint is, perhaps a photo or video
it’s basically a paint job that doesn’t have any selections on it. When you go to change color, no color is selected. Unscratched pure white wheels for example, if you get them, and you try to change the color on the wheels you’ll notice that there is no such thing as a pure white color on the list. Idk if that makes sense.
Unscratched means the complete modded color is still on the car Wether it’s worn(utility) or 3D.
It means all textures placed on the car by the person who originally modded it are still completely intact.
In order for this to be so both primary and secondary paints must match.

When someone receives an unscratched 3d or...
Always1Shot

Always1Shot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait, so if you merge onto a faggio, and then from the faggio to another car, the car you are merging to keeps whatever wheels it already has AND takes the pure white color?

Upvote 0
G

Gorn Lord

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Once you apply a metallic paint it won't show as selected in LSC because it has a Pearlescant applied to it. That's how metallic paint has always worked.

Upvote 0
Simeon_GTAFAN

Simeon_GTAFAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait, so if you merge onto a faggio, and then from the faggio to another car, the car you are merging to keeps whatever wheels it already has AND takes the pure white color?
Kinda, but you do have to make sure the wheel ID of the front wheel of the faggio matches the wheel ID of the wheel you want.

Upvote 0
______

______

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
What is unscratched paint ? I believe you can only get worn and 3d textures

Upvote 0
Odd_Man

Odd_Man

Reaction score
Sin$
Once you apply a metallic paint it won't show as selected in LSC because it has a Pearlescant applied to it. That's how metallic paint has always worked.

what about the secondary color. It has classic and metallic applied to it?

Upvote 0
Odd_Man

Odd_Man

Reaction score
Sin$
Front wheel option #19 on the faggio mod keeps the f1 wheels on whatever car (car should already have f1s) you merge it to. i suggest keeping the back wheel stock.

so you have to change the front wheel on the faggio. Wheels 1-20 are all F1. The even number wheels are carbon versions. There is a post on it and someone created a spreadsheet on what fagio wheel converts to what F1 type. But yes it’ll keep the color that’s on the faggio mod and put that color on top of the F1 wheel.

Upvote 0
G

Gorn Lord

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what about the secondary color. It has classic and metallic applied to it?
Yes. A lot of the "metallic" colors are just the "classic" color with a pearl on top so the game thinks it's the same. If you do the trick to add pearl to matte paints on a metallic color, you should be able to go back to the color list and the color will be selected under the metallic and classic section for the primary paint. Some of the colors, like gold, are 2 different shades for metallic and classic though so it doesn't work for all of them.

Upvote 0
Odd_Man

Odd_Man

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes. A lot of the "metallic" colors are just the "classic" color with a pearl on top so the game thinks it's the same. If you do the trick to add pearl to matte paints on a metallic color, you should be able to go back to the color list and the color will be selected under the metallic and classic section for the primary paint. Some of the colors, like gold, are 2 different shades for metallic and classic though so it doesn't work for all of them.

This....Thanks man I appreciate it. I’ll ask for the thread to be removed. I thought I was onto something. Still though, pretty cool paint tricks here.

Upvote 0
EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Instead of total destruction, can we archive this instead.

There are some good tips here

Upvote 0
Odd_Man

Odd_Man

Reaction score
Sin$
Yet I still don't know what unscratched paint is, perhaps a photo or video

it’s basically a paint job that doesn’t have any selections on it. When you go to change color, no color is selected. Unscratched pure white wheels for example, if you get them, and you try to change the color on the wheels you’ll notice that there is no such thing as a pure white color on the list. Idk if that makes sense.

Upvote 0
______

______

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
A picture would be nice even still it's so hard to tell unless in game I just refer to modded paint as worn and 3d, I modded on ps3 for the reason to bring cars across so I'm quite curious

Edit : Actually realise what you mean now, good think I don't change colours on any of the ps3 cars I've brought across, yet I still think this topic is pretty 'Extra' after all it's just an RGB and the texture remains.
You can't tell it's scratched unless you go into the mod shop, where's the creativity if you receive a car you're aloud to change the secondary crew colour

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LuganoffIsBack

LuganoffIsBack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I was trying to get pure white rims on the F1 wheels when something weird happened. The primary paint job, no matter what color I choose remains unscratched after leaving and entering the garage. If I put Torino red, drive out and come back in, there is no primary paint job checked off. Not sure if this has been found before. I’ll just leave this here and maybe someone can recreate what I did. I’ll start from the top since I have no clue why it’s doing this.

1. acquired the upgraded sandking xl by the dealership. The orange one since it has pure white wheels unscratched. (That vehicle came with an unscratched primary paint job as well. No color is checked off)
2. I left it as is. Then merged that sand king onto a fagio mod.
3. I merged that fagio mod onto my karma that has F1 rims to acquire the white on the F1 wheels.
4.once my karuma had the unscratched F1 wheels I merged it onto my magic slot.
**side note. At this point I have not touched any respray options***
5. I merged another random vehicle that has F1, Yankton, green tint, rwb tire smoke, onto my magic slot.
6. I did the upgrade and disconnect trick on my magic slot.
7. once my magic slot was good to go with the white F1 wheels and the whole package, I merged that to the new Jeep looking car. (can’t remember the name)
*** still have not touched anything since I got the sandking. So basically all the merged cars had the sandking paint job and all***
8.NOW. I put ice white primary, secondary and pearlescent on the Jeep to save the merge.
9. I drove out the car to see how I liked it. Drove in and noticed when I tried to change the color there was nothing checked off for primary. ALSO the secondary color has classic white AND metallic white checked off.
10.I changed the primary color to Torino red. Drove it out and back in and again, nothing was checked off for primary paint.

im not sure what’s happening. Maybe this is useful to someone out there or maybe someone can clean up the steps? maybe this was discovered? Idk I’m simply putting what I did and what happened Since I’ve not come across this before. I can post a video later on to demonstrate this phenomenon.
Can you please develop the magic slot part ?

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register