What's new

Solved What Is The Real Difference?

R

Royal Modz

Reaction score
So after thinking about it I cannot come to a solution. What really is the difference between the jasper, trinity, and falcon motherboards of xbox 360? Yes I know there is a few more, but out of these 3 which one should I get and why? Is one better than the other and if so, why? All help appreciated because honestly not sure which one to get. I want to get the best one possible insuring that I don't get the RROD (not possible on slims) and I want the best one for RGH online modding. So basically which one is the best for modding as well as just overall performance, speed etc. Also please least these 3 in order from best to worst so I know what route to take.
Thanks,
Royal Modz

S

Snowy

Let it snow
Reaction score
So after thinking about it I cannot come to a solution. What really is the difference between the jasper, trinity, and falcon motherboards of xbox 360? Yes I know there is a few more, but out of these 3 which one should I get and why? Is one better than the other and if so, why? All help appreciated because honestly not sure which one to get. I want to get the best one possible insuring that I don't get the RROD (not possible on slims) and I want the best one for RGH online modding. So basically which one is the best for modding as well as just overall performance, speed etc. Also please least these 3 in order from best to worst so I know what route to take.
Thanks,
Royal Modz
Trinity
Jasper
Falcon

First I’d like to start off by pointing out your mistake. Slims can get RROD, although the Red Dot Of Death is more likely to occur with Slims. Don’t get me wrong, however, Slims are a lot less likely to get RRoD than falcons or anything before.
Trinities are Slims, that’s its main difference with the Jasper. Otherwise, they’re pretty similar in terms of reliability.
Falcon is the least reliable of the 3, but still a good choice.
Out of the three I’d probably get the trinity. If the jasper is a big block jasper, I’d avoid it as NAND reading and flashing takes ages.
But, you questioned about speed. While the console is turned on, you will experience the same speed no matter the motherboard. In booting up, it all depends on the installation, it’s best to RGH them yourself, that way you know for sure you will put the most effort possible into making this a fast and reliable machine.

R

Royal Modz

Reaction score
Trinity
Jasper
Falcon

First I’d like to start off by pointing out your mistake. Slims can get RROD, although the Red Dot Of Death is more likely to occur with Slims. Don’t get me wrong, however, Slims are a lot less likely to get RRoD than falcons or anything before.
Trinities are Slims, that’s its main difference with the Jasper. Otherwise, they’re pretty similar in terms of reliability.
Falcon is the least reliable of the 3, but still a good choice.
Out of the three I’d probably get the trinity. If the jasper is a big block jasper, I’d avoid it as NAND reading and flashing takes ages.
But, you questioned about speed. While the console is turned on, you will experience the same speed no matter the motherboard. In booting up, it all depends on the installation, it’s best to RGH them yourself, that way you know for sure you will put the most effort possible into making this a fast and reliable machine.
Awesome thanks for the reply. I believe I will be getting a Trinity after what you have said, which was what I was thinking already. I will look into the Red Dot Of Death, never heard of it. Thanks again, Snowy.

S

Snowy

Let it snow
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the reply. I believe I will be getting a Trinity after what you have said, which was what I was thinking already. I will look into the Red Dot Of Death, never heard of it. Thanks again, Snowy.
It's the dot in the middle when it turns red.
red-dot-of-death_250x222.jpg

And no problem.

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
Reliability - Jasper #1
Falcon, Jasper, Trinity, and Corona will all do the same exact thing when RGH'd
The amount of dead slims trinity and corona, on ebay with red dots, not turning on, overheating, is mind blowing vs a jasper with a stuck tray, or in need of laser replacement
There are even more broken xbox ones on ebay vs a jasper
People believe that since it's newer, it's better, and that's not true

Last edited:
X

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks,
Royal Modz

Jasper! I have bought used jaspers covered with so much dust inside and with faulty dvd drives (sticky). Even two came with first gen gpu heatsinks and still worked fine (one dvd drive had burned fin marks from the heat of the heatsink). They still worked very well without rrod. Cleaning it properly, replacing the thermal compound (arctic silver 5), using first gen cpu and 2nd gen gpu heatsinks, cleaning the stock fans, and laying it horizontally with good air circulation will greatly improve the longevity of the console. Do not buy the xenon and zephyr 360s as they are the absolute worse and you will get rrod. Falcons are ok but they still run hot.

S

Snowy

Let it snow
Reaction score
Do not buy the xenon and zephyr 360s as they are the absolute worse and you will get rrod.
Not with good management :wink:. Metal will vouch for that.
Reliability - Jasper #1
Falcon, Jasper, Trinity, and Corona will all do the same exact thing when RGH'd
The amount of dead slims trinity and corona, on ebay with red dots, not turning on, overheating, is mind blowing vs a jasper with a stuck tray, or in need of laser replacement
There are even more broken xbox ones on ebay vs a jasper
People believe that since it's newer, it's better, and that's not true
Jasper! I have bought used jaspers covered with so much dust inside and with faulty dvd drives (sticky). Even two came with first gen gpu heatsinks and still worked fine (one dvd drive had burned fin marks from the heat of the heatsink). They still worked very well without rrod. Cleaning it properly, replacing the thermal compound (arctic silver 5), using first gen cpu and 2nd gen gpu heatsinks, cleaning the stock fans, and laying it horizontally with good air circulation will greatly improve the longevity of the console. Do not buy the xenon and zephyr 360s as they are the absolute worse and you will get rrod. Falcons are ok but they still run hot.
I have a jasper that's overheated multiple times, my trinity, not a single time. The Trinity is essentially as reliable as a Jasper but in a slim, hence why I recommend the Trinity. Because let's be honest. Who actually likes the look of a chunky Jasper, and who actually likes pressing buttons? And besides, the Slims' shells are built better. My Jasper's shell is so broken I don't actually keep it in there, it's free roaming with just the bottom metal casing.
And yeah 2 2liftheavy , my Jasper has tons of DVD issues.

H

Harmonic

Work Hard, Dream Big
Reaction score
Not with good management :wink:. Metal will vouch for that.

I have a jasper that's overheated multiple times, my trinity, not a single time. The Trinity is essentially as reliable as a Jasper but in a slim, hence why I recommend the Trinity. Because let's be honest. Who actually likes the look of a chunky Jasper, and who actually likes pressing buttons? And besides, the Slims' shells are built better. My Jasper's shell is so broken I don't actually keep it in there, it's free roaming with just the bottom metal casing.
And yeah 2 2liftheavy , my Jasper has tons of DVD issues.
I’d have a black Elite Jasper over a Trinity any day. I feel more comfortable with an actual button.

U

UMP45

XeX Sky
Reaction score
Hello, I personally go for any of them mate, anything can happen to any of them, I've been modding for some time and have had no problem with my rgh, there all equally good, the slim is more expensive because it is a newer 360 but just because it is more expensive, doesn't mean it is better than the rest. Hope this helped with what you want to get :smile:

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
The reason the slim rgh is more expensive than a phat is because of supply and demand. The more people want a product, the more you can charge, no matter how reliable it is. The person that just plays the games doesn't know the difference in the motherboards. They just know the basic slim and phat, and are told by others who just play the games, on what to get, so they go for the ride

Top Bottom