What's new

Solved What is the easiest way to flash lite-on/hitachi?

• Thread starter TheMLGweezy
  • Start date
  • Views 1,257
T

TheMLGweezy

Reaction score
Sin$
I have been very confused about this and was curious to know.

I can flash samsung/benq very easily by just connecting a sata cable to my via chipset and the other end to the drive and just use jungleflasher to flash it. But with lite-on/hitachi I heard you need the ck3 thing and then a probe or something to touch a point on the drive. Can someone just tell me the most simple way to flash the lite-on/hitachi? Also post some helpful links if you have any. Thanks

B

bal3wolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You need to get the key off the liteon thats why you need the probe flashing it aint hard its getting the key off it.

E

eillest snipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i dont think you need anything special for hitachi drive. The ck3 is best for liteon drives. Im currently trying to flash my hitachi drive using a usb to sata, but now im realizing the complications of it. If you want to flash the liteon buy the ck3 and use it for the hitachi to. probally the best way:thumbup:

T

TheMLGweezy

Reaction score
Sin$
eillest snipe said:
i dont think you need anything special for hitachi drive. The ck3 is best for liteon drives. Im currently trying to flash my hitachi drive using a usb to sata, but now im realizing the complications of it. If you want to flash the liteon buy the ck3 and use it for the hitachi to. probally the best way:thumbup:
How can you flash the hitachi w/o ck3?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
eillest snipe said:
You can't say CK3 is best for flashing a lite-on. Xtractor is just as good as it.
TheMLGweezy said:
How can you flash the hitachi w/o ck3?
For the lite-on: CK3 with probe or Xtractor360 with spear

For the hitachi. You hook it up just like the benq and samsungs. Except you have to put it in Mode-b then you can use Firmware toolbox or Jungleflasher to read and flash the drive.

Top Bottom
Login
Register