What is the best Linux Distro in your opinion?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Triiistan, Feb 8, 2012 with 26 replies and 16,258 views.

1. Call me LEWY

Call me LEWY Maybe?

Ratings:
    you can customize it better than ubuntu aswell. Go to gnome-look.org and get some cool stuff.

2. Wheen

Wheen Bytesexual Retired

Ratings:
    No. Just.... no. Assuming the same Kernel version, every Linux distro has the exact same amount of customization options.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Triiistan

Triiistan Contributor

Ratings:
    That's cool to know! I really need my own computer. My dad is so "over-protective" on his computer. He thinks any little change is a "virus" :confused:. He isn't used to anything not Windows... I don't even think he's even heard of Linux OS. These are the only OS's he knows: Windows, OS X. That's about it. Hahaha, good times.

4. Clepto

Clepto Contributor

Ratings:
  5. Fire30

Fire30 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    If you are on windows, and are installing ubunut, wubi is a smart choice, i just made a new partion and wubi took it from there..

6. psych0t1csupr1s3

psych0t1csupr1s3 Linux. Superior, period.

Ratings:
    I officially give up on this Linux community. If you wanted to you could change entire desktop environments in any distro. That's fail to assume an entire OS has any further customization options than another. Ubuntu is really a terminal with some pretty programs. What you are thinking of is GNOME. That's the desktop environment.

• Like Like x 1
  7. modz4bud

modz4bud Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You're right, but there's no need to get bent out of shape just because they don't know any better.