What's new

Discussion What is the best horse?

BombasticcBoyy

BombasticcBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The special saddles make a HUGE difference on a horse with a maxed out bonded lvl. I personally have the gold turkoman, foxtrotter and the white arabian, and i have to say the foxtrotter is the best hands down. Although turkoman and arabian have their advantages, their disadvantages also become more obvious when you run into certain situations. The turkoman has bad handling especially when turning corners or making sharp turns, while the white arabian is a torture to have when going hunting. I recall numerous times where i was stranded in the marshes holding bird carcass or alligator pelt and kept whistling for the stupid horse to come because it ran away due to the previous gunshots. I cant run to it because if i do, the animal bodies will despawn and thatd be a total waste of hunting. One way to avoid this would be to constantly calm the horse before getting off it but thats just so much effort.
With the foxtrotter you have none of these problems and dont need to think abt switching horses based on the activity you'll be doing like riding/hunting/etc. Its good for all of them. With the special sadles, the stamina, stamina core, health core and general drain are all reduced and i have never had my horse ever run out of stamina since i got the leopard special saddle.

Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Now before I get comments stating the obvious (Arabian). I mean what is the best horse that being: price, level, stamina and health.

In theory there must be a better horse than the Arabian considering other factors like the level you need to be as well as the price and skill level the horse has?

I'm looking to replace the horse given to me at the start so any recommendations would be awesome.
Like any good internet user I've ignored everything above me. (Oh and never spend gold unless you're like some trust fund kid. Straight cash only.)

My take. After the free horse, these are the best three (and ignore everything else, trust me, they're microwaved garbage):

• Suffolk Punch. Fantastic endurance which is what counts when hauling *** across the map. Handling and life are iffy. Who cares? Nothing dies in this game (pro tip: just go to the livery after horse is killed--never ever pay the $4)
  • Dutch Warmblood. God-level. Stamina and life for days with the speed to back it up. My one color preference: sooty buckskin which looks amazing compared to seal brown (which FYI is black).
  • Missouri Foxtrotter. The Only Horse That Matters (apologies to The Clash) it's stupid good and with the right saddle and stirrups tops even the Arabian. (Arabian is **** anyway considering it's small and has low stamina and life compared to the Foxtrotter) oh and there is only one Foxtrotter, the palamino. The other one is a bastard and a different species, total mongrel, the champagne one. Fight me.
Come at me, brohs.

Frank

Frank

se7en *clap* sins *clap* review
Retired
Sweet Sixteen! Pumpking Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Like any good internet user I've ignored everything above me. (Oh and never spend gold unless you're like some trust fund kid. Straight cash only.)

My take. After the free horse, these are the best three (and ignore everything else, trust me, they're microwaved garbage):

• Suffolk Punch. Fantastic endurance which is what counts when hauling *** across the map. Handling and life are iffy. Who cares? Nothing dies in this game (pro tip: just go to the livery after horse is killed--never ever pay the $4)
  • Dutch Warmblood. God-level. Stamina and life for days with the speed to back it up. My one color preference: sooty buckskin which looks amazing compared to seal brown (which FYI is black).
  • Missouri Foxtrotter. The Only Horse That Matters (apologies to The Clash) it's stupid good and with the right saddle and stirrups tops even the Arabian. (Arabian is **** anyway considering it's small and has low stamina and life compared to the Foxtrotter) oh and there is only one Foxtrotter, the palamino. The other one is a bastard and a different species, total mongrel, the champagne one. Fight me.
Come at me, brohs.
Fair enough I think I might need a poll as this is getting out of hand I'm not sure what to go for but I'm thinking of the Dutch Warmblood.

Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Fair enough I think I might need a poll as this is getting out of hand I'm not sure what to go for but I'm thinking of the Dutch Warmblood.
Other than the Warmblood there is only the Ardennes, with it being better on life, but Dutch being far better on stamina.

Dutch Warmblood is a bargain and best-of-show I believe.

(Foxtrotter is only listed because best horse in game, but for $150 or whatever you could have NINE Warmbloods for the price of a Foxtrotter... It's like a Volkswagen compared to Ferrari. The VW will do.)

Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The special saddles make a HUGE difference on a horse with a maxed out bonded lvl. I personally have the gold turkoman, foxtrotter and the white arabian, and i have to say the foxtrotter is the best hands down. Although turkoman and arabian have their advantages, their disadvantages also become more obvious when you run into certain situations. The turkoman has bad handling especially when turning corners or making sharp turns, while the white arabian is a torture to have when going hunting. I recall numerous times where i was stranded in the marshes holding bird carcass or alligator pelt and kept whistling for the stupid horse to come because it ran away due to the previous gunshots. I cant run to it because if i do, the animal bodies will despawn and thatd be a total waste of hunting. One way to avoid this would be to constantly calm the horse before getting off it but thats just so much effort.
With the foxtrotter you have none of these problems and dont need to think abt switching horses based on the activity you'll be doing like riding/hunting/etc. Its good for all of them. With the special sadles, the stamina, stamina core, health core and general drain are all reduced and i have never had my horse ever run out of stamina since i got the leopard special saddle.
Not just the special saddles. Even the improved saddles with good stirrups will make your horse a monster. Within reason, buying the best you can get helps a bunch.

Of course the latter levels 60+ see some improvements that just wipe other saddles and horses off the map.

Be advised though, it's just a horse. I like draft horses and work horses 'cause they work long hours before hanging their heads. Other than that every horse dies after being shot a few times and every a-hole griefer will typically catch up with you.
When you get to the Foxtrotter you'll be amazed at its pace and what it can leap off of. But even still the Suffolk and Warmblood will do 80% of that.

BombasticcBoyy

BombasticcBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not just the special saddles. Even the improved saddles with good stirrups will make your horse a monster. Within reason, buying the best you can get helps a bunch.

Of course the latter levels 60+ see some improvements that just wipe other saddles and horses off the map.

Be advised though, it's just a horse. I like draft horses and work horses 'cause they work long hours before hanging their heads. Other than that every horse dies after being shot a few times and every a-hole griefer will typically catch up with you.
When you get to the Foxtrotter you'll be amazed at its pace and what it can leap off of. But even still the Suffolk and Warmblood will do 80% of that.
the upgraded stirrups are fine, but compared to the special saddles you get at lvls90+ its a drastic change in the drain rate. When i had the best normal saddle with the best stirrup equipped (before lvl 98), i could notice the stamina drain slowly; however, when i got the special saddle at lv 98, you barely even notice the stamina bar drain for short butcher trips. I've travelled from saint dennis to blackwater without stopping once :biggrin:

Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
the upgraded stirrups are fine, but compared to the special saddles you get at lvls90+ its a drastic change in the drain rate. When i had the best normal saddle with the best stirrup equipped (before lvl 98), i could notice the stamina drain slowly; however, when i got the special saddle at lv 98, you barely even notice the stamina bar drain for short butcher trips. I've travelled from saint dennis to blackwater without stopping once :biggrin:
Dayum. Taken me weeks to get up to 75 with some serious grind and half of my guys are only in the 30s. 100 is crazy. Guess that PvP level gain is legit.

BombasticcBoyy

BombasticcBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dayum. Taken me weeks to get up to 75 with some serious grind and half of my guys are only in the 30s. 100 is crazy. Guess that PvP level gain is legit.
yup, pvp is much better than grinding cops in saint denis. I get almost 20+ kills/mvp/win in pvps so couple the xp from the player kills and end of match reward, its an insane amount of xp per round of pvp. I went from lvl 60 to 136 in a week :biggrin:

C

Cornali

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can’t figure out how to properly add the video but the Missouri fox trot is the best horse hands down. But if you know you’re going into battle or hunting predators then you cannot beat the heart of the turkoman. Arabians are nice to ride but too skiddish around any danger for my likings.

Alfa1ry

Alfa1ry

Reaction score
Sin$
Can’t figure out how to properly add the video but the Missouri fox trot is the best horse hands down. But if you know you’re going into battle or hunting predators then you cannot beat the heart of the turkoman. Arabians are nice to ride but too skiddish around any danger for my likings.

How in hell your Turkoman have a nerve of steel? My turkoman always buck me off when hunting panther/cougar, even running away from alligators

The only one that doesn't give a f*** is my Ardennes though. She will just stand there ignoring bullets from bandit or panther, cougar and alligator around her. Best horse for hunting

Frank

Frank

se7en *clap* sins *clap* review
Retired
Sweet Sixteen! Pumpking Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
How in hell your Turkoman have a nerve of steel? My turkoman always buck me off when hunting panther/cougar, even running away from alligators

The only one that doesn't give a f*** is my Ardennes though. She will just stand there ignoring bullets from bandit or panther, cougar and alligator around her. Best horse for hunting
Sounds the best as well as suicidal :roflmao:

Top Bottom
Login
Register