Solved What is Hotswapping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cianw1

cianw1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First of all i tried to put this in the modding section for xbox 360 but it wouldnt let me start a new topic, but i know that hotswap is used alot for cod WaW modding so i put it here.

I know roughly the process of hotswapping i think its where you open up your console and DVD drive then when installing a game you switch it quickly for a burnt copy of that and it lets you mod?

so basically can anyone just clear up on what hotswapping is, what games you can do it for, what mods can you do with it and can the mods be used online for instance in a multiplayer game of nazi zombies and use god mode etc, or for making 10th lobbies without a j-tag.And also how do i get the burned copy of the game? i know how to burn game files to disk but how do i get the copy of it on the computer first? thanks everyone as always

-Cianw1.

Corn on the Cob

Corn on the Cob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First of all i tried to put this in the modding section for xbox 360 but it wouldnt let me start a new topic, but i know that hotswap is used alot for cod WaW modding so i put it here.

I know roughly the process of hotswapping i think its where you open up your console and DVD drive then when installing a game you switch it quickly for a burnt copy of that and it lets you mod?

so basically can anyone just clear up on what hotswapping is, what games you can do it for, what mods can you do with it and can the mods be used online for instance in a multiplayer game of nazi zombies and use god mode etc, or for making 10th lobbies without a j-tag. thanks everyone as always

-Cianw1.

Hot swapping is the act of allowing the xbox to unlock the hard drive, so that you can gain access to it, by connecting it to a PC. It involves removing the IDE ribbon from the Drive, while it is power on.

Source

Upvote 0
Styx

Styx

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$

so basically can anyone just clear up on what hotswapping is, what games you can do it for, what mods can you do with it and can the mods be used online for instance in a multiplayer game of nazi zombies and use god mode etc, or for making 10th lobbies without a j-tag. thanks everyone as always

-Cianw1.
How to Mod W@W:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/94224-codwaw-nazi-zombie-iso-mods-for-co-op/

Hot to hotswap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuO8P6Ig1R8

EDIT:
How to hotswap (se7ensins tut):
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/571-how-to-hotswap/

Next time, use google, or the search function in the top right hand corner :lol:

Upvote 0
Hope

Hope

~Big Face Hundreds~
Experienced Veteran Stickied Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Hotswapping is when you open up your DVD drive, then when you have your normal disk in you hit Y on it to go to game details, then you take it out, put in the modded iSO and install it. After that, when you put in your normal disk, it reads that modded iSO off your HardDrive. I think it's called hotswapping because you swap the disks out when they're still spinning. You can use the modded iSO's to host modded nazi zombie games with mod menu's and stuff like that.

Upvote 0
B

BFK Friissky xV

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$

so basically can anyone just clear up on what hotswapping is, what games you can do it for, what mods can you do with it and can the mods be used online for instance in a multiplayer game of nazi zombies and use god mode etc, or for making 10th lobbies without a j-tag.And also how do i get the burned copy of the game? i know how to burn game files to disk but how do i get the copy of it on the computer first? thanks everyone as always

-Cianw1.
Hotswapping is when you take the top off of your dvd drive and replace the eretail copy with a modded copy before installing the game.

Hot swapping is the act of allowing the xbox to unlock the hard drive, so that you can gain access to it, by connecting it to a PC. It involves removing the IDE ribbon from the Drive, while it is power on.

Source
Hotswapping has nothing to do with the hardrive or a pc.

Upvote 0
cianw1

cianw1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How to Mod W@W:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/94224-codwaw-nazi-zombie-iso-mods-for-co-op/

Hot to hotswap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuO8P6Ig1R8

EDIT:
How to hotswap (se7ensins tut):
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/571-how-to-hotswap/

Next time, use google, or the search function in the top right hand corner :lol:

yeah i searched on here and youtube i know how you actually do the hotswap but i dont know why. how do you actually mod it to get the hack menu ingame and also is it just singleplayer mods like campaign and offline solo zombies or can you use it to host modded lobbies for 10th, infections etc?

Upvote 0
Styx

Styx

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah i searched on here and youtube i know how you actually do the hotswap but i dont know why. how do you actually mod it to get the hack menu ingame and also is it just singleplayer mods like campaign and offline solo zombies or can you use it to host modded lobbies for 10th, infections etc?
Yes you can. You have to ISO mod the game, but it, and hotswap the burned (modified) disk.

Upvote 0
cianw1

cianw1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im planning on buying a cheap xbox360 second hand and flashing the DVD Drive on it to play burnt games. if i then burnt a WaW iso onto a disk and then a modded one onto a disk would i be able to use those two disks to perform a hotswapp? or even with a flashed drive would i still need a legit copy of the game?

-Cianw1

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register