Solved What is a NAND Dump?

• Thread starter II VENOM II
  • Start date
  • Views 416
I

II VENOM II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a 7S noob and I'm buying a jtagged xbox from Ndgg (or however you spell his name) soon. But, before I do, I just wanted to know, is it important if I have the original NAND Dump? What is a NAND dump and what is it's significance?

D

dispnam123

All I Do Is Win
Reaction score
The origional NAND let's you unbann the jtag. Yes you need it if you're hosting lobbies. If your doing system link you don't need it.

M

Moderns

Banned
Reaction score
What does this have to do with mw2, why is it in this section?

I

II VENOM II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Sorry if I didn't post this in the right place." I said that above.

R

Restricts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are you just going to buy a jtag just to host MW2 10th Lobbies if so DO NOT BUY ONE!. theres way to many people that buy jtags and have no clue what to do with them. Please do your research on them you can do alot more fun things on a jtag besides modding

I

II VENOM II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like what? Please, inform me.

M

ManUnited

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well number one if ur just doing mw2 dont buy it in the first place trust me thats like paying $150 for mw2 with mods its kinda pointless only for mw2

also you should know how to take care of your jtag
understand what NAND,firmware is
learn about freeboot and why u dont upgrade officially
understand what a jtag does in the first place and yeah

I

II VENOM II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well then can you help me out here? I'm trying to learn some stuff and everyone is willing to tell me what to learn, but not about the topic or how to access information on it (I've tried Wikipedia.)

D

dconnor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are you just going to buy a jtag just to host MW2 10th Lobbies if so DO NOT BUY ONE!. theres way to many people that buy jtags and have no clue what to do with them. Please do your research on them you can do alot more fun things on a jtag besides modding
Alot of people say this, however anything a hacked xbox can do, your desktop PC from ~10 years ago can already do better. So essentially, yes, you do actually only use a hacked xbox for cheating in multiplayer games, sometimes you do some singleplayer hacking as well, some boring stuff. The main benefit is plug in play pirating.

I'm also obligated to say, you should only pirate if it's legal in your area.

R

Restricts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alot of people say this, however anything a hacked xbox can do, your desktop PC from ~10 years ago can already do better. So essentially, yes, you do actually only use a hacked xbox for cheating in multiplayer games, sometimes you do some singleplayer hacking as well, some boring stuff. The main benefit is plug in play pirating.

I'm also obligated to say, you should only pirate if it's legal in your area.

no its not just for hacking You dont really know what the main purpose of a jtag was. it was never meant to start cheating it was meant to get free content off the dashboard you can also play alot of emulators.

K

Kamikazemodding

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Restricts don't say don't use it for MW2 only whenever you've got lobby s*** in your sig. Jtags were meant to free up the gaming world to people. They were meant for new ideas of games and freeing the xbox to do almost anything. Now most people who have a Jtag have bought them clueless on how to use them just for a 1 time deal to make them feel special because they hosted a lobby and lost money trying to do it. If you want some research just look around Se7ensins.

<edit> flashing your original NAND back to your jtag won't unban your xbox unless the KV with the xbox was unbanned. Your original is for whenever you might have a bad flash or something goes wrong with your Jtag and you need to fix it by restoring it to normal. Kinda like restoring an ipod or iphone

Top Bottom