what is a key vault
what is its purpose
and why do people sell them

D

DisRupTioN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A keyvault is a thing that gets your jtag unbanneed from microsoft.
People sell them to other people so they can host 10th lobbies.

GyPsYxXj0hNnYxX

GyPsYxXj0hNnYxX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its a key that lets you get in to anyone in the worlds house.

Just kidding its a file from an unbanned xbox that you inject into a banned xbox which unbans the banned xbox and people sell them so they can unban their banned jtags to host again.

Yamaha

Yamaha

Contributor
Forum Addict MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
A keyvault is somthing that your extract from the nand. It is used to unban your jtag. People sell them because in order to get this keyvault they need to jtag an xbox.

Martyrize

MarijuanaHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I belive its a file on your xbox which tells whether or not your banned. not really sure though. if you replace a banned one with a unbanned one on a Jtag it unbans it. Let me search forums real quick :blink:

The Hybrid

The Hybrid

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't quote me on this but, I think of it as an Xbox's ID. You extract it from the NAND Flash of an Xbox (no matter if it's banned/unbanned doesn't matter because it can still be extracted). Unbanned preferably it is sold to someone who has a banned "JTAGed" console that can rewrite its NAND (since it can run unsigned code) and become unbanned.

And just to add, KVs never "come back" that's why the pricing is high.

jimlfixit

jimlfixit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
just to add:

the key vault contains the serial number, console id, manufacturing date, dvd key, dvd drive information on type 2 kv's and region infor too. each kv is unique.

Top Bottom
Login
Register