Discussion WHAT HAPPENED TO FOR THE FUN OF THE GAME

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' started by angryirishnyc, Jan 3, 2010 with 19 replies and 664 views.

1. angryirishnyc

angryirishnyc Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hello all,
    Ok before I get blasted for posting this on a site designed to help you exploit the loop holes in the game please read my entire opinion. If then you would still like to blast me or flame me by all means go ahead.
    I am all for taking advantage of games inherent loop holes or program back doors but I feel that they should be used only if they are possible during campain or single player modes where the game play and more importantly the game characteristcs would not affect anyone that does not exploit or use these same tatics.
    I think that "boosting" or the other methods that some of the players are using lessen the achievement of those who are actually playing the game without the use of these enhancements.
    Again this is just one persons humble opinion. Thank you for your time and comments. And in case you are wondering i am a level 56 and still haven't prestiged as of yet.

2. Bay Area Kang

Bay Area Kang Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If your talking about riot shield boosting, then its not bothering you. Atleast it shouldn't. Why would my level effect you if your playing for fun. It shouldnt matter. Now if your talking about a javelin glitch that pretty much ruins multiplayer. Then im all with you

3. OP
    angryirishnyc

angryirishnyc Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Bay,
    Yes it is the glithes like the Javelin and the others like it

thanks

4. projectomega

projectomega Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok as stated, it depends the category.
    people boosting in a group of boosters, fine. in a game with others (nuke) don't really care.
    javelin glitch type stuff, annoyed with it.
    the only thing i really hate that ruins the game for me at this point is those dam ppl, that all they can do is **** talk everyone. sure there's a mute button but it's annoying hitting it every game. people need to learn to leave other ppl alone, even if the human race is ignorant

5. Divine Blob

Divine Blob Banned

Ratings:
    We payed 60~140 USD. We are free to do whatever we like with our money. Illegal or not.

6. TehPhelix

TehPhelix VIP VIP Retired

Ratings:
    I don't do it for the fun. I do it for the lulz. When I exploit those "backdoors" you were talking about, lulz ensue.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    angryirishnyc

angryirishnyc Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I agree that you are free to do whatever you want to do with your money unless it is at the expence of others freedom to enjoy their purchase.
    I also agree with TehPhelix that it is fun to look for various programing flaws and engineered back doors. However is it fun getting every prestige along with title and emblem in ten minutes or being in a pretty fun match and having someone nuke boosting for the win? I understand that it's a game and I treat it as such it is just a bit sad that there can't be a level playing field to enjoy it.
    Thanks for the replies, keep them coming.

8. Se7en Raptor

Se7en Raptor Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Talking about the fun of the game here??
    Dude, this is a glitching & modding community...
    The fun is pissing off other players.

9. OP
    angryirishnyc

angryirishnyc Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I thought the purpose of this site was to enhance game play and game play expierence, not to alienate other players by making fun of them. Must have missed that memo.

10. AMPPPP

AMPPPP Newbie

Ratings:
    Umm, no, no you're not. That's the most arrogant and retarded thingh I've ebver read.

11. Krafty

Krafty ¡QUÉ HACES BESANDO A LA LISIADA! VIP Retired

Ratings:
    If only you were here for the Halo 2 saga...

12. LegendsOfDeath

LegendsOfDeath Newbie

Ratings:
    Lol My opinion on the matter at hand apparently wont matter, but the way I see it, if you dont want to "cheat" with all these "loopholes" and you prefer to just increase your actual skill level the old fashion way, then thats your business. In fact thats the way I prefer to play. And you should not be hated on for wanting to play that way.

The same goes for those people who like to play the opposite way, they should not be hated on because thats their game style.

On the other hand I do agree that it is sometimes annoying playing against someone who doesnt abide by the same gameplay style as you do, and therefore if they cheat, the "old fashion" player doesnt stand a chance unless he does the same thing.
    But as I always say, its the nature of the beast, and if you dont like they things are in the gaming world, then you need to STFU and GTFO.

13. xiFlipMyChipsx

xiFlipMyChipsx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I don't really care about boosting. The only time I care is if it's in a regular free-for-all match, because it really wrecks the entire match, I end up spending more time looking for the boosters and killing them then I do strategizing.

I agree with for the fun of the game, I think people take this game to seriously sometimes.

14. SmurfALMIGHTY

SmurfALMIGHTY Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I agree I don't mind people who boost in their own matches by THEMSELVES, like riot shield boosting but when people take nuke boosting to other matches that are public where people are actually trying to play legit that rubs me the wrong way and then all the focus is on trying to screw them up instead of the actual game play and that's BS in my opinion and all around shiesty on their part. As for people doing glitches in public matches it depends on the extent of the glitch if it's something stupid where it's a definitive advantage like the afgan rock/javelin glitch then yeah it doesn't belong but as for stupid glitches like getting on top of the planes in afgan or scrapyard then I can careless really.

Ignorance will get you far. /sarcasm

Sounds like a rather selfish claim let me guess you NUKE boost in public matches against other people who are trying to play the game.Who also I might add, payed for the game and subscription fee? Epic Fail post.

15. Temptation

Temptation Getting There

Ratings:
    What he said. Maybe hes talking about legit leaderboards?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Paranormal

Paranormal Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I disagree that they ruin the game. If it's actually something big enough to disturb everyone in the game, then IW will fix/patch it. They could easily patch SnD/Riot Shield Boosting, but have they? No. The same with Cage Matches. How many people actually play Cage Matches for playing? None that I know of. Every single Cage Match I've ever attempted to play legit was interrupted by "Hey, can I get headshots on you, and I'll let you kill me?" Believe it or not, people don't mod/glitch because they don't have skill playing the game. This is a common misconception. I know the only reason I do it is for the thrill you get doing something you shouldn't be doing, and knowing that most of the people who play can't or won't do it ever. I understand that you think that we are probably stupid for doing stuff like this, but we think that playing normally is just boring.

17. SmurfALMIGHTY

SmurfALMIGHTY Enthusiast

Ratings:
    There's only so much IW can do and IW did attempt to stop the riot shield boosting.

Like I said before if it doesn't interefere with the gameplay in a public match WHERE people are playing then I don't mind it but I think it's bull**** when people ruin games. I can careless if someone riot shield boosts because it doesn't effect me but when people get out of maps and don't contribute ANYTHING to the team which WILL effect me since it's generally HQ/Domination that I see it in, then that's a problem.

18. SharpGhost

SharpGhost Reach for the Stars VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Since you are stating the nature of the game in terms of effects of peoples actions towards it I will answer in the same context.

People who boost, whether it be nuke, riot, or headshot, do not affect anyone else other than the people they were boosting with. Does that affect the fun of the game for YOU? The fun factor of the game remains the same whether or not they boosted. Their actions have no affect on the game, only for theirselves. No matter what game you play as long as it has some sort of ranking system with a leaderboard and achievement system they will boost their way as high as possible. But again back to the point. People decide how they will treat their gaming experience and how they will reap the fun factor to their perference. Some just don't care and worry about hitting 10th prestige before even touching real multiplayer while some boost while playing real multiplayer.

As for personal achievement. In my opinion those who have boosted sucked away the games factor for achievement. You aren't going to get the same sastifaction for reaching 10th prestige if you boosted up there instead of earning it legitmately. The feeling counts more than appearance goes for these sort of things. Besides they aren't going to gain experience anymore which is going to get boring after a while.

We aren't in the arcade ~ 16-bit era where the fun in the game was getting a high score and where it was very difficult to find a work around or glitch your way to the top.

19. OP
    angryirishnyc

angryirishnyc Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I love all the feed back that I have received on this topic and thanks to all for their thoughts.
    If I can address on thing that SharpGhost said in the comment posted about people who boost just affect the people that are boosting with them. I agree that the kill/death ratio will not affect me unless I happen to spawn near them and they kill me then oh well. What I was more inclinded to say towards this subject is the use of boosting to get choppers and a/c-130 gunships that does affect the entire game room. And then of course the infamous NUKE boosters. But we know where that line of thought goes....
    I also agree that some glitches are to no consequence such as climbing up on stuff and things like that because eventually they will be seen and killed.
    Again thanks to all that have posted on this topic and shoot straight and aim center mass.:biggrin:

20. omggggg mw2

omggggg mw2 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    sorry but, your wrong