What's new

Discussion What happened to all of this?

• Thread starter Carl Johnson
  • Start date
  • Views 1,479
Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, you may remember the gameplay reveal that we got last year, if you watch it again you'll see lots of cut content that would have made the game 10 times better, I could see some pretty cool cutscenes in the video like when your ship is leaving the tower instead of just teleporting, and what's up with dead orbit aiming a pistol at you, the hell was that? Not the mention the less complicated radar
I mean, I know lots of games change and all that when they're released but goddamn, did they think that their game was way too good for the public and we couldn't handle it so they cut some content? Are they saving some of these for later? Why would anyone even replace that intro co-op mission ...

Modify

Modify

Active and Inactive
Glitcher Mr. Nice Guy Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They cut it out so we pay for what we paid for later.

Destiny Force

Destiny Force

Technical Support
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, you may remember the gameplay reveal that we got last year, if you watch it again you'll see lots of cut content that would have made the game 10 times better, I could see some pretty cool cutscenes in the video like when your ship is leaving the tower instead of just teleporting, and what's up with dead orbit aiming a pistol at you, the hell was that? Not the mention the less complicated radar
I mean, I know lots of games change and all that when they're released but goddamn, did they think that their game was way too good for the public and we couldn't handle it so they cut some content? Are they saving some of these for later? Why would anyone even replace that intro co-op mission ...

Most of the stuff in that video was in the game just changed a bit and some they will add later 
I think they are going to add a lot to the story I mean have u seen what all they can add (without even updating) I think they gave us enough to keep us interested for a month or two then they will add more

Lucien Lachance

Lucien Lachance

Don't demand it, earn it.
Mr. Nice Guy Greeter Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn. I know not everything that was in the videos back then is in the game right now, but god games have limitations. Everyone acts like Bungie is as bad a EA and all. It's Bungie. You guys really must have not been fans of theirs before this. Bungie is a great company with a equally great love for their fans. You complain about the loot and reward system and boom not a month later they change it to make US happy.

Vino

Vino

Undercover LV
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow the ghost is actually somewhat funny in the beginning and not annoying and monotone.

_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
That wasn't dead orbit pointing the gun at the guardian -.- it was the queens brother.
And in total it's a shame seeing how much better this game could of been compared to what it is. Everything in that reveal look better than what it actually is now. From the gun trees, fighting, spawning in, cutscenes, dingle bot flash light, literally everything.
What the hell happened Bungie, it's almost a completely different game. **** that opening level / spawn point was insanely better than what we got.

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
It's all about money man.

It was when they sold out with Halo. Now they regret it enough to recreate the game the best they could in Destiny.

While it's a good game, I can agree that promoting content they aren't even planning to release is a shame.

Nonetheless, I love the game. It's probably the one I favor most so far.

BASlC

BASlC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't watch it... The feels are too deep.

Maybe next time Bungie/Activision will offer wine or compliment my hair before they dry f*** me and tell me about their, "vision."

But naaaaaaahhhhhhh...

Everyone acts like Bungie is as bad a EA and all. It's Bungie. You guys really must have not been fans of theirs before this. Bungie is a great company with a equally great love for their fans. You complain about the loot and reward system and boom not a month later they change it to make US happy.

Stockholm syndrome.

Those issues are minor in comparison to the reality that Destiny is not a full product yet being sold as if it is. Until a year from now, it's acceptable to say that Destiny is lacking to say the least.

Last edited:
Ninja Turtle

Ninja Turtle

Its all Gucci
Reaction score
Sin$
wow i feel like bungie just tried us all, i completely forgot about that reveal trailer and now looking back i realized how much of a dumbed down version of the game we got. The tower even looks better, not to mention the skill tree that actually looks pretty cool

Ninja Turtle

Ninja Turtle

Its all Gucci
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn. I know not everything that was in the videos back then is in the game right now, but god games have limitations. Everyone acts like Bungie is as bad a EA and all. It's Bungie. You guys really must have not been fans of theirs before this. Bungie is a great company with a equally great love for their fans. You complain about the loot and reward system and boom not a month later they change it to make US happy.
what does a game having limitations have to do with the lack of content we received? i have always loved bungie but this is crazy, i dont think bungie is really changing it for us, they're changing it because all these farmings spots were exploited and they had to patch that but they cant patch the spots without changing the loot system.

Lucien Lachance

Lucien Lachance

Don't demand it, earn it.
Mr. Nice Guy Greeter Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
what does a game having limitations have to do with the lack of content we received? i have always loved bungie but this is crazy, i dont think bungie is really changing it for us, they're changing it because all these farmings spots were exploited and they had to patch that but they cant patch the spots without changing the loot system.
Everywhere you see you can go? Yeah I want a game running that much stuff and that hard on a console a decade old. They can patch the spots to make them less profitable and still be used. Those and any future spots are not gone, dang. The loot and rewards could have stayed the same. They changed it for us, their fans, who felt the system was hurting the game and that the over the top farming spots were a requirement.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Remember, the game is suppose to last 10 years. So, there is a lot of content that is not out yet.

odium

odium

im like ibaka when it comes to blocks
Reaction score
Sin$
realistically they would have to release an unbelievable amount of material to last 10 years. I think they can stretch 2-3 years out of it with a decent following.

Ninja Turtle

Ninja Turtle

Its all Gucci
Reaction score
Sin$
Everywhere you see you can go? Yeah I want a game running that much stuff and that hard on a console a decade old. They can patch the spots to make them less profitable and still be used. Those and any future spots are not gone, dang. The loot and rewards could have stayed the same. They changed it for us, their fans, who felt the system was hurting the game and that the over the top farming spots were a requirement.
wait what? My whole point is what they showed in the reveal is not what we got, that reveal trailer actually made it look like there was SOME sort of story mode, if the older systems cant run their vision of the game then maybe it would have been wise to not make it for the current gen systems? i think you're misinterpreting what im saying though, im not saying bungie is the big bad money taken game developer, im just saying from that reveal trailer to now A LOT has changed 
I dont think this game will last 10 years, at all.... dont get me wrong i do enjoy it but i just feel like we got suckered

BASlC

BASlC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Remember, the game is suppose to last 10 years. So, there is a lot of content that is not out yet.

The content of the future does not excuse the lack of content presently.

If they were going to break the worth of the game into additionally priced expansion packs, they should've allowed it's consumers to offer their payments over the course of 10 years, or however damn long it takes them to pull their game out of BETA, in a similar fashion.

People are allowed to express their feels and if a product is not up to par (currently) with what it was/is advertised to be, people have the right to warn others.

Top Bottom
Login
Register