• Start date
  • Views 515
DaftHacker

DaftHacker

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams
Programmer Forum Addict Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I am currently a c# programmer and i haven't ventured too far into other languages but im super interested in making games, ive tried xna but its seems very programming heavy as far as ive got and there is no built in designer or anything. Now ive downloaded unity but have yet to make something and it looks very interesting but im not sure if its a good place to start or if its the perfect engine for me. I would like to start off with maybe some small 2d or 3d ? projects and im looking for something future proof that can get me making games as good as some big titles. I need your opinion on a good game engine for me.

Last edited:
Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Legendary Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
I am currently a c# programmer and i haven't ventured too far into other languages but im super interested in making games, ive tried xna but its seems very programming heavy as far as ive got and there is no built in designer or anything. Now ive downloaded unity but have yet to make something and it looks very interesting but im not sure if its a good place to start or if its the perfect engine for me. I would like to start off with maybe some small 2d or 3d ? projects and im looking for something future proof that can get me making games as good as some big titles. I need your opinion on a good game engine for me.
Unity.

P

pwfdc

Bright Idea Programmer Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Unity is a C# based game engine! Great for a C# developer like yourself! However, if you want try out some other engines you can look at my post here which lists a few of them.

DaftHacker

DaftHacker

Reaction score
Sin$
ApexDesigns7S

ApexDesigns7S

10-24-13
Reaction score
Sin$
Do know where i can find some easy to learn and understand videos ? Also should i start with 2D or 3D ?

This guy has a decent amount of Unity Tutorials, as well as if you wanna look for others just Youtube "Unity Tutorials". Anyways with the question of 3D or 2D that's honestly up to what you wanna do.

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Do know where i can find some easy to learn and understand videos ? Also should i start with 2D or 3D ?
I am actually working on Unity tutorials as we speak. I am working on a 4 part tutorial in which we cover how to make a Slenderman: The Eight Pages parody (very simple of course and not as "high quality" as the original) and I explain what everything does for beginners such as yourself!

Conjure

Conjure

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been wanting to get into Game Development, I can understand how hard it is to figure out what path you want to take and how to get started.. especially if your as lazy as I am.

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
I've been wanting to get into Game Development, I can understand how hard it is to figure out what path you want to take and how to get started.. especially if your as lazy as I am.
If you're lazy, then you should not get into this area. Simple as that. Programming takes time and practice. You can't be lazy and expect to get anywhere. You HAVE to work. I wish it was easier, but it is not.

DaftHacker

DaftHacker

Reaction score
Sin$
Ive been watching some tutorials for Unity and i have to say i love this engine, its way better than xna.

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Ive been watching some tutorials for Unity and i have to say i love this engine, its way better than xna.
Z61 Z61 is right. XNA and Unity are completely different. XNA is much more code based and Unity is more..well...everything else. You can't really compare them fairly.

Top Bottom
Login
Register