What's new

Discussion What feature are you most looking forward to?

• Thread starter InfectHead
  • Start date
  • Views 993
InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
So, what about the PS4 has you most excited? The new controller? Gaikai integration? Better hardware? Discuss yo.

SharpGhost

SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit Sinner Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
The controller looks pretty nice. It'll look pricey for a replacement and I'm not too sure if it'll see too much 3rd party development.

Tankzz

Tankzz

"Innocent Fluffy Bunny Rabbit Killer"
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The controller looks pretty nice. It'll look pricey for a replacement and I'm not too sure if it'll see too much 3rd party development.

I think 3rd party development is going to be pretty big this time around. All platforms are x86 (minus Wii-U) which means less headaches and when you code for one you code for them all. I mean you will have to make adjustments due to the windows kernel and the linux kernel, but hey so much easier than having to code for the cell and powerpc crap they had before.

I am looking forward to consoles finally being able to produce content at true 1080p. About freaking time. Also, 4k content in the form of movies and television shows.

Warsaw

Warsaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The controller, whatever PS+/equivalent has in store and hopefully Gaikai (I don't know if they confirmed that it'll definitely be used to stream games from previous generations, perhaps someone can enlighten me).

Monopolyman

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Tutorial Creator Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
I really like all the recording/live-streaming features. I enjoy watching and creating commentaries and I think this will take it to the next level. I also think the fact that you can take control of a friends game is really awesome

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
The ability to stream PS4 games onto your PS Vita.

I cannot wait to see their full support for remote play.

The controller, whatever PS+/equivalent has in store and hopefully Gaikai (I don't know if they confirmed that it'll definitely be used to stream games from previous generations, perhaps someone can enlighten me).

Basically, the technology is there. They just have to make it happen (which by the sounds of it, they are going to use it to it's full potential). Video game streaming just blows my mind.

OP: Gaikai and the 2nd chip allowing you to play games/demos as you download. :biggrin:

Brian Runs This

Brian Runs This

Sleep is the cousin of death
Fabled Veteran Jokester Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I really like all the recording/live-streaming features. I enjoy watching and creating commentaries and I think this will take it to the next level. I also think the fact that you can take control of a friends game is really awesome

How do you think the friend control function would work in multi-player?

Monopolyman

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Tutorial Creator Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
How do you think the friend control function would work in multi-player?
What do you mean? Like if your playing TDM could a friend take over?

If so, I don't see why not, but some games may see it as cheating. Then again I'm not sure if there is some way of monitoring it

To be honest I am not sure if it's even possible for dev's to block it, considering Sony said that the PVR was all hardware and that it is not possible (for the user at least) to stop recording, but it could be different for controlling other people.

The ability to play video games!
Yet Xbox One seemed to miss this part...

Dave

Dave

Harbinger Of Common Sense
Retired
Bright Idea Hardened Veteran Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm really interested to see more of the controller. My only real problem with the PS3 was that the controller didn't really feel right in my hands, it was too small and I never felt like I have a solid grip on it. I can't really tell from the pictures, but hopefully the PS4 controller is bulked up a bit to fit our hands better...Other than that the controller looks sweet!

I'm looking forward to the exclusives the most though, I can't wait to get my hands on the new Killzone title and being able to stream it to friends is pretty cool!

Droidic Nucious

Droidic Nucious

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I hated the controller at first but now that I've seen it so much, I love it. Sleekest m'fer out there... But I'm excited for the new hardware mostly.

TooMuchFun

TooMuchFun

Puppet Master
Reaction score
Sin$
The ability to stream PS4 games onto your PS Vita.
This^^^
The ability to play video games!
And this ^^^
I think 3rd party development is going to be pretty big this time around. All platforms are x86 (minus Wii-U) which means less headaches and when you code for one you code for them all. I mean you will have to make adjustments due to the windows kernel and the linux kernel, but hey so much easier than having to code for the cell and powerpc crap they had before.
Perfect wording! ^^^
I am looking forward to consoles finally being able to produce content at true 1080p. About freaking time. Also, 4k content in the form of movies and television shows.
This but I want a 4k monitor one day.
I'm really interested to see more of the controller. My only real problem with the PS3 was that the controller didn't really feel right in my hands, it was too small and I never felt like I have a solid grip on it. I can't really tell from the pictures, but hopefully the PS4 controller is bulked up a bit to fit our hands better...Other than that the controller looks sweet!

I'm looking forward to the exclusives the most though, I can't wait to get my hands on the new Killzone title and being able to stream it to friends is pretty cool!
Asians have small hands :tongue: lol jk but this also ^^^

Nice post's everyone I am looking forward to my trophies to be transferred also because I just started playing many many other titles other then COD and have some hard achievements recently earned.

LCBradley3k

LCBradley3k

Seasoned Member
Mr. Nice Guy Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm mostly looking forward to all of the exlcusives. I love games that have good storytelling, and PS has been showing off some great ones.

Also, Sony is know for there design, so I'm exciting to see the look of the console.

Tankzz

Tankzz

"Innocent Fluffy Bunny Rabbit Killer"
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
This but I want a 4k monitor one day.

Even the capability to drive a 4k monitor in a gaming scenario is limited on the PC side. To do that even now you are going to be spending about $3000 on just graphics cards which are going to need another supporting $1000 CPU, Motherboard, and RAM cost. Not to mention 4K television and monitor costs ($20k+ atm o_O).

I think they made the right choice, 1080p gaming with 4k media options. That should have them covered for the next 7-8 years no problem.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Even the capability to drive a 4k monitor in a gaming scenario is limited on the PC side. To do that even now you are going to be spending about $3000 on just graphics cards which are going to need another supporting $1000 CPU, Motherboard, and RAM cost. Not to mention 4K television and monitor costs ($20k+ atm o_O).

I think they made the right choice, 1080p gaming with 4k media options. That should have them covered for the next 7-8 years no problem.

Depends where, my uncle bought 2 Sony 4K's for $75,000 and there is only 45 in Canada right now, the cheapest 4K TV on the market right now is LG which is $15,000; still it's a lot of money but when I was at my uncles, the quality is out of this world, it is just amazing.

PS4 will support 4K but I doubt Xbox One will, Sony has the most expensive 4K out right now for $35,000 so there will be a good bond between Sony 4K and PS4.

Top Bottom
Login
Register