What's new

Discussion What exactly is a "try hard"

T

Tweeboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I bet everyone here has AT LEAST heard SOMEONE on Modern Warfare 2 call someone else, maybe even you, a "try hard". I hear it all the time while playing online. I can only guess a "try hard" means someone who, well, trys hard to win. I sure as hell don't try at all yet people still call me it. The people I'm watching don't try and they get called it.

So I'm curious to hear your opinions. What exactly do you consider a "try hard"? And do you use the term at all?

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
well in haro a try hard is usually someone who's on a team and he's carrying them by a lot, and usually in social matchmaking.

so that one person is "trying hard" to carry his team

in cod, well it's when everyone is trying to relax, and one person is winning by a lot. that's the excuse people usually use when they suck rly bad and just wanna make teh winar feel bad

H

himylilpwny

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
My only guess is if your only goal in the game is to win, not have fun.

Vindicates

Vindicates

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
A tryhard in my opinion is someone who tries, when theres no reason to, cuz taking the game seriously is boring.

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
According to Urban Dictionary:
A person who puts a large amount of effort into achieving a certain image, or counter-image, to the point where it is obviously contrived. Rather than achieving an image through genuine personality, the try-hard consciously attempts to fit a certain style through deliberate imitation, forced style, or scripted behavior. That is to say, he/she is trying hard to create an image. Examples: An affluent, suburban dweller who makes great efforts to cover himself in tattoos and piercings; try-hard.

A person who wears certain items of clothing for the express intention of appearing "non-conformist", and flaunts it; try-hard.

Someone who purchases a motorcycle only to appear as a "bad-boy"; try-hard.

A person who shuns certain genres or styles of music or art simply because it does not fit his self-image, or the image he wants to portray; try-hard.
Just say OK to whatever they say. Eventually, or hopefully, they will get over it.

Blaze

Blaze

In your mind
VIP
Retired
Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
It's where they try to beat you when your not even trying but mostly people that say that usually are getting raped and that quote as in an excuse because they got beat

Z

zT U R M O I L

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
People who try and get nukes every match and complain when someone takes down their harrier ac130/chopper. Or just die when they're on 24-0..

The True Hippie

The True Hippie

Flower Child
Reaction score
Sin$
Well people like me who get so mad at the game they make excuses for why they lose and thats one of then

Without Refills

Without Refills

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I, alike most people on Call of Duty, get bored with the game and make weird classes for either challenges or just to screw around. A "try hard" is someone who tries extra hard to be very good or very bad to piss you off/be funny.

An example of such a class
MP5K w/ Thermal (hipfire)
AT-4 HEAT (use it to kill themselves when they're the last one alive)
Smoke Grenade (throw it randomly across the map)
Blast Shield
-Bling Pro (with only one attachment)
-Lightweight Pro
-Scrambler Pro (so you know where they are)

Another example
UMP w/ Silencer
RPG x2
Stun Grenade x2
Claymore
-Marathon Pro (To flank your spawn)
-Stopping Power Pro (Because they can't kill you without it)
-Commando Pro (Because the suck at aiming up close)

Or your classic One-Man-Army Pro+ Danger Close Pro M203/Claymore class.

T

Tweeboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I see what all of you mean. Too many times will I be screwing around and someone just tries hard to grab a win.

Top Bottom
Login
Register