What exactly are "Dummy's?"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by NaipaC, Nov 26, 2008 with 5 replies and 507 views.

1. NaipaC

NaipaC Newbie

Ratings:
    Well, i have seen many vids about these so called dummy's and i am confused:?... i just need a little bit more info or some explanation about how to do em and what they are.

2. EnergiE

EnergiE Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Do you mean like horde mode? I dont understand what your saying but its called artificial intelligence.

3. Anonymous Joey

Anonymous Joey Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I think he means the lifeless bodies that stand up and don't show a GT?
    Is that it?

4. The0ne

The0ne Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I think he's referring to those videos where the guy will usually get stuck in some place and move around all glitchy. Yes, when in dummy mode, I don't think you can cause any damage to anyone and no one can cause damage to you. I think your real body is standing still like a "dummy" to others while on your screen, you're moving around.

5. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Somewhat true, let me clean it up a little. A dummy or to dummy is a glitch on Gears of War 1 and 2. The actual glitch is a little bit simpler. You get your body somewhere it normally shouldn't be, like halfway in a wall or below a level or somewhere. Your actual body will go there yet your "dummied" body will be moving around with quick speed. Your dummied body is only seen on your screen and on everyone else's screen you are still where you originally did the glitch. You can shoot while dummied but the bullets will be coming from where you did the glitch, nobody can see your dummy and nobody can hurt you unless they shoot your original body in the glitch. While your body is dummied you can jump over object, take cover on object, and climb up objects and where your body did the glitch he will do that action at that spot. This creates long jumping and climbing up buildings. I hope this cleared it up a bit for everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Anonymous Joey

Anonymous Joey Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks Phelix, you smarty-pants you! :thumbup: