What's new

Discussion What does Microsoft do when someone sends in a Xbox or Controller with no warranty sticker?

Rede

Rede

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So. Before I get flamed here. My X1 Elite controller the mini usb port on it won't work at all, I know you can fix it by getting the motherboard and replace the one in the controller, but in all honesty the controller is in **** condition. So, I contacted them, and I was able to get a replacement.. But. The thing is, the controller has no warranty, let alone the warranty sticker on it.

So. As the title says what exactly do they do? I assume they just return it, right?

I know this sounds completely brain-dead but, hey. I was offered a free replacement for the controller, why not go with it. - I just didn't realize, after the fact for paying for the shipping label, that, oh, yeah, I removed that sticker I'm probably ****ed. lol.

Luna

Luna

(/•ิ_•ิ)/
Reaction score
Sin$
I mean i would assume they would send it back if they saw that it didn't have a warranty sticker.. Maybe and hopefully they just don't see or check that it isn't there and just replace it. Basically you ever get a new controller or you're ****ed lol

Rede

Rede

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I mean i would assume they would send it back if they saw that it didn't have a warranty sticker.. Maybe and hopefully they just don't see or check that it isn't there and just replace it. Basically you ever get a new controller or you're ****ed lol
Yeah. lmao. it's whatever 7 bucks for shipping and the odds of being lucky. We'll see what happens. lol.

Luna

Luna

(/•ิ_•ิ)/
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah. lmao. it's whatever 7 bucks for shipping and the odds of being lucky. We'll see what happens. lol.
Maybe they might give you the money back? Or well £7 wasted lol. Hopefully they don't notice though :tongue:

Rede

Rede

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe they might give you the money back? Or well £7 wasted lol. Hopefully they don't notice though :tongue:

Not to mention.. I just found the battery cover for the controller and well.. The controller itself is already shipped off. :banghead: Yeah.. I'm.. ****ed..

Luna

Luna

(/•ิ_•ิ)/
Reaction score
Sin$
Not to mention.. I just found the battery cover for the controller and well.. The controller itself is already shipped off. :banghead: Yeah.. I'm.. ****ed..
ahaha I mean its a battery cover they might not care? or does it say that everything needs to be there..?

Rede

Rede

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ahaha I mean its a battery cover they might not care? or does it say that everything needs to be there..?
they said to remove all the accessories. I was just in a rush, some how forgot to put the cover back on after removing my rechargeable battery.. So, now whoever opens it up will notice the cover missing, and well. Obviously notice the sticker gone as well. I'll be amazed if they replace it.

Luna

Luna

(/•ิ_•ิ)/
Reaction score
Sin$
they said to remove all the accessories. I was just in a rush, some how forgot to put the cover back on after removing my rechargeable battery.. So, now whoever opens it up will notice the cover missing, and well. Obviously notice the sticker gone as well. I'll be amazed if they replace it.
Ohhh i see lol.. All you can do is pray that they don't see it haha

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
They will use your serial number on your controller to tell whether it's in warranty or not.

The same things happen with mobile devices etc.

The worse thing they can do is send it back to you; best thing is they'll replace it free of charge.

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
They will use your serial number on your controller to tell whether it's in warranty or not.

The same things happen with mobile devices etc.

The worse thing they can do is send it back to you; best thing is they'll replace it free of charge.
The warranty sticker is to prove it hasn't been tampered with and tried to be fixed by yourself etc. If they notice its gone they will assume you opened the controlled and tampered with it and broke it yourself hence voiding the warranty.

ShoelessJP

ShoelessJP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If they see the seal is broken on the warranty sticker, they will call you and tell you they won't work on it, and they'll additionally charge you to ship it back to you if you want it back. I know of a few people who tried it with the Xbox 360 after attempting Red Ring of Death fixes from a guy on Craigslist, and that's exactly what happened. Microsoft may have changed their policies since then, but I highly doubt it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register