What's new

Solved What does editing campaign.map do?

• Thread starter Jackal777
  • Start date
  • Views 558
J

Jackal777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If we edit campaign.map does it affect every other map through the entire campaign with the exact changes we apply to it?

Just kind of confused as to what it is used for.

Xerax

Xerax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
It holds RAW assets for the campaign, it has no meta so you can't open it in any Halo 3 Map Editor.

Upvote 0
J

Jackal777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Interesting. So if I go under 'MATG' and change 'thirdperson unit 0' from Master Chief to something else, he will appear as it for the whole campaign? It normally works on each individual map. Just wondering if it would work on the full campaign so I didn't have to do it manually each time.

Also, if I set the weapons on campaign.map to third person, will they be third person for the full game? :]

Thanks

Upvote 0
Xerax

Xerax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Jackal777 said:
Interesting. So if I go under 'MATG' and change 'thirdperson unit 0' from Master Chief to something else, he will appear as it for the whole campaign? It normally works on each individual map. Just wondering if it would work on the full campaign so I didn't have to do it manually each time.

Also, if I set the weapons on campaign.map to third person, will they be third person for the full game? :]

Thanks

You can't open the map in a program to edit it as it is only RAW with no Meta. So no to all of that.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register