What's new

Discussion What do I need if all I want is HDMI recording?

• Thread starter joeprentice90
  • Start date
  • Views 337
joeprentice90

joeprentice90

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
All I want to do is record HDMI with Blackmagic Intensity Pro, I need to build a small desktop that can be by my TV, what are the bare minimums for this? The editing will be on another PC, my wife just won't let me keep it by the TV since it's huge. So I just want to build something small that can hold that PVR and doesn't have to do anything else but store video and transfer it to an external HDD. Any advice? I want this as cheap as I can go.

Wheen

Wheen

Bytesexual
Retired
Programmer Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
HDMI is a type of connection, to record it, take a video camera and get up and close with the port....

If you mean you're trying to find the cheapest machine that has an HDMI port, I could build you one for ~$250, but it won't be very good for editing.

joeprentice90

joeprentice90

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, I want to use Black Magic Intensity Pro. I guess I should have made that bold so you would actually read it. Also, the machine won't be used for any editing. Which was also explained in the post. All I want is a machine that has one PCI express slot and is capable of exporting to an external HDD. What's the cheapest build?

Top Bottom
Login
Register