What's new

Discussion What did Halo 4 do right,Multiplayer wise?

• Thread starter Noob Saibot
  • Start date
  • Views 1,967

Your choice?

• Total voters
Noob Saibot

Noob Saibot

Thank me later.♠
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
In your opinion, what did you feel was the best about halo 4? Meant to pick customization

Last edited:
Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Frame In Gold Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I never really played it for the features, I just played it. Halo to me has never been about unlocks and competitive stuff, I just like to have a good MP experience with friends and will all Halos I got it, Halo 4 did get boring fast though.

B

bananaswag

rip
Reaction score
Sin$
Multiplayer wise, Halo 4 was terrible. The game was way to easy on multiplayer. The guns were unbalanced, like the Binary Rifle and the Shotgun. Some of the game modes were horrible, such as Regicide. The ranking system was not very good, they just copied Call Of Duty ranking. The map design was ok but the best map was Ragnarok, a remake of a map from another game. I didn't like the load outs because they made it like Call Of Duty were you had a primary weapon, a secondary weapon, a lethal grenade and perks. I think that's about it for my rant.

Aeon 7S

Aeon 7S

Ruby
Seasoned Veteran Free Hoster Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Ranking system was boring, the unlocks were boring. They just generally made it less halo-ey..

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
In your opinion, what did you feel was the best about halo 4? Meant to pick customization

Ranking system was boring, the unlocks were boring. They just generally made it less halo-ey..
I got to 130 way too quickly, and I am not really that good of a Halo 4 player.

I do like having tons of different armor and a lot of the abilities left me pleased.

Deathshadow97

Deathshadow97

The Shadow Of Deaths
Reaction score
Sin$
I think the ranking system is just fine! Some of the maps are also amazing and the graphics too! The only problem they made was custom games.... They ruined them. I remember playing cops and robbers in Halo 3! Now we cant since yombies cant pickup weapons.
Some of the gamemodes are fine, but the rest I hate how some weapons are way to OP plus you can get drops very easily and that way kill the oponents easily too.
What I most miss is the team play. This game turned into more COD than the previous Halos where you would loaugh with fails, drive warthogs together and everything else. Now everyone is kind of an lone wolf. Everyone just wants to be on the Gauss turret of the warthog.
Im giving 343 a last chance if they ruin halo 5. Then for me the Halo series ends at Halo 3 and/or Reach.

T

The Sauce

Scraping By....
Reaction score
Sin$
Almost nothing. Maps mostly sucked, only decent ones were remakes of older maps, but were all broken by jetpack and sprint. Same maps every game. Never got to play DLC maps once the DLC list was removed. MP became cluttered, armor abilities, perks, loadouts, all the crap that kept Halo apart from other FPS games early on. Drops were a ridiculous idea. Team A is winning, gets power weapons and powerups, wins moar.

And the Join In Progress feature. Seriously 343, WTF were you thinking?

The game itself looked great, cool weapons, armor abilities were cool but I thought they recharged too fast, at least no armor lock, and the jet pack was toned down. The mechanics were nice, but the MP was just dull, everything from the lobby system to the playlists(why no Assault). Would have been nice to see some cool new vehicles. Flood, nuff said. R.I.P. Living Dead.

So far Halo 4 is the only game in the Halo series(aside from Halo Wars) that I have stopped playing after a year of its release. All others I played until he next came out. But I guess I also didn't have GTA 5 then either lol

A Flying Streak

A Flying Streak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
All was awful. Maps were the same every game, no change. Vehicles are absolutely nothing but props in a video game.
Join in Progress was a joke, here lets connect to a new host every five minutes. Halo 3 was fine without armor abilities... so why the hell even contemplate even adding them?

Load outs were a joke as well, welcome to the Call of Halo.
Black Ops 2 felt more like halo.

Customization? Halo 4 looked like a blob.
All characters were awful no matter the customization.

Game modes had no reason to be changed from Halo Reach.

The Flood? Where the hell did that come from. Last time I checked they weren't even in Halo: 4
So why even think about adding them.

Rank System, was like prestiging in Call of Duty.
Just a few more advantages and unlocks.
Means everyone can do it. Well screw everyone. Just a select few on the top.

343i Has done a **** job.

Now with the release of an all together anniversary, I pray they learned to leave EVERYTHING ALONE. (But Graphics.)

BlazinFunk

BlazinFunk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I actually loved the game. The multiplayer was pretty cool. I would always wake up early in the morning before my bus arrived, while I was still in high school, and I would love learning the maps and getting the best weapons on the map and dominating the matches. Of course, there were times where the gun play didn't make sense, balance wise, but I thought it was straight. I didn't enjoy the campaign too much, but that was mostly because I tried doing legendary my first run through and the story just didn't impress me enough, except for the awesome cut scenes. Mad at the ending though....

I loved the progression and a lot of the customization. Honestly, the game only got boring because I played it too darn much, but I still liked it nonetheless. Even though I said in the past the game was going to suck..............it didn't, at least to me.

Crucify

Crucify

Let's do this!
Mythical Veteran Jokester AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
Everything was terrible about Halo 4 multiplayer except for the visuals and sounds.

Halo

Halo

AIDS for everyone
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Multiplayer wise, Halo 4 was terrible. The game was way to easy on multiplayer. The guns were unbalanced, like the Binary Rifle and the Shotgun. Some of the game modes were horrible, such as Regicide. The ranking system was not very good, they just copied Call Of Duty ranking. The map design was ok but the best map was Ragnarok, a remake of a map from another game. I didn't like the load outs because they made it like Call Of Duty were you had a primary weapon, a secondary weapon, a lethal grenade and perks. I think that's about it for my rant.
Other: I liked how smooth the game play was because it felt like they refined Halo more. It was an enjoyable step up from Halo: Reach in my opinion.

IM SO FAR AWAY

IM SO FAR AWAY

Taylor Gang
Reaction score
Sin$
I think that they did swat right. That and the game us not just 8Gb. :biggrin:

d2c

d2c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
they stole almost everything from cod. sans the bogus ranking system that you can only see on halo waypoint

Sosuke Aizen

Sosuke Aizen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Aesthetics & Sound of Halo4 has always been 10/10 for Mee.
Every other aspect is a 7 at best.
Still has best Replayability & Consistent OnlineMP even to this day compared to all other Halos.
Beeing able to BR Start basically every match is a Godsend too especially where in Halo5 you have no such luck minus Warzone.

Top Bottom
Login
Register