What's new

Tutorial What Causes Your Modded Console To Get Stuck On Boot Logo | Quick Fix |

• Thread starter teb
  • Start date
  • Views 1,218
teb

teb

Project & Sales Manager
Administrator
Odysseus' Summit Scaling the Mountain Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello fellow sinners, if you are here it is because your console has gotten stuck on the Xbox 360 Boot Logo. DO NOT FEAR, Thor is here. (Insert corny puns here) Keep in mind, this is not for when your console freezes on the boot logo. Let me know if i should make a tutorial for that aswell.

post-68611-0-83808300-1445791503.jpg

What Are The Causes?
When your modded console gets stuck on the boot logo this means that one of your XEX's are trying to connect to its listener and it is failing. Most of the time, this is caused by a stealth plugin. When you put a server on your launch.ini you are telling your console to connect to this server on a certain IP with a certain port. If you have an outdated XEX for your server, then your issue is most likely your xex is trying to find the listener on a completely different IP or port it is intended to find.

When your stealth xex is trying to connect to the listener on different IP or port, it will simply continue to do so and never connect. This causes your xbox to sit on the logo as this is the point it is trying to connect to a server.

Sometimes having a GTAV menu on that has the same issue will cause you to be stuck on the boot logo.

Easy Fixes
This is probably the easiest problem to fix on your RGH. When this happens here are a few simple fixes that will surely get your console back up and running again.

1. USB Flash Drive
If you have a flash drive laying around, simply put the following launch.ini on the root of your flash drive, insert it into your console, then boot. This will load the blank ini onto your console instead of the one on your HDD. Now you just need to swap the one on your HDD through ftp or xex menu.
2. Transfer Cable
Using a transfer cable you can put a different ini onto your console by plugging it in and opening the folder your ini is in. Swap it with a new ini and reboot.
3. Power + Eject
This combination will allow you to boot your console without loading plugins. This is the easiest way to fix this issue. While your console is off, press the power button on your console. Immediately after your console starts to turn on you just need to click the eject button and make sure your disk tray is fully out. Once this is done just wait for your console to boot, it will boot successfully. Now replace your launch.ini with one that works and you're done.

Clean ini
VS
You can use any blank ini but this one is here if you want to download it.

Hopefully this thread helps you understand your problem more and fix your issues! Leave feedback if this helps or if you would like to add more to it.

Last edited:
ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
A small addition I would add is that the launch.ini provided in the thread is not special in any way (so if someone comes across this problem, there's no need to find this thread and get this certain launch.ini)

The launch.ini can just literally be an empty file. (Very easy for anyone to create themselves)

teb

teb

Project & Sales Manager
Administrator
Odysseus' Summit Scaling the Mountain Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
A small addition I would add is that the launch.ini provided in the thread is not special in any way (so if someone comes across this problem, there's no need to find this thread and get this certain launch.ini)

The launch.ini can just literally be an empty file. (Very easy for anyone to create themselves)
The ini provided is just there if they need it. It's just a blank ini. I'll add that though i guess.

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
The ini provided is just there if they need it. It's just a blank ini. I'll add that though i guess.
Your .ini still has stuff in there.
What I mean by blank, is that there doesn't need to be even 1 character in there.
Easy & fast to create if ever needed to :wink:

Top Bottom
Login
Register