What causes the plasma to stick??

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Mod Help' started by Pingo, Jan 8, 2009 with 11 replies and 457 views.

1. Pingo

Pingo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Anyone have an idea how to mod the plasma sticktness? disable it or even add this to other objects?

2. OwnedTom

OwnedTom Contributor

Ratings:
    Superglue. Lots and lots of superglue.

I think its an effect tag I remember somthing about plasma.collision or impact or somthing. Sorry i haven't done any halo 2 modding in a while.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SerpantSlayer

SerpantSlayer Getting There

Ratings:
    i think u just have to paste the frags meta offset to the plasma and change the hlmt back to a plasma. go to the plasmas effect tag and change all effects back to normal

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    Pingo

Pingo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks for the replys. Superglue should work!!.

i'll have a mess around with the meta.

5. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    Theres a 'Thanks' Button under each post too.

6. NotZac

NotZac Contributor

Ratings:
    This is a little late, but there is an enum in the [proj] tag that tells how the projectile interacts with other objects. I'll pull up a tut if you want.

It's just so you don't have to use Serpant's noob method. =P

7. OP
    Pingo

Pingo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    please do! I dont really want to swap the item for the new one and swap back all the effects. I have problems with hlmt when i toggle them on off. If i toggle it off while the object is thrown, i get a crash. So i try to steer clear of it when i can.

the interact effects like sticking, overpenetrate,bounce, stuff like that. I could never do this. I have seen the option but i must be doing it wrong.

@Otaku Se7en
    yeah i did it dude

8. NotZac

NotZac Contributor

Ratings:
  9. OP
    Pingo

Pingo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    awesome! my rocket explodes everytime it bounces lol yeah i was doing it wrong. A neodos tut, that dude know the ins and outs:biggrin:

10. NotZac

NotZac Contributor

Ratings:
  11. mod man

mod man Enthusiast

Ratings:
    what causes plasmas to stick?? okay thats pretty beginner. go into insolence and go to the proj tag. open up plasma grenade and click the ifp bar up the top to go into 'dev' mode. there will be about 6 reflexives there. click material responses. from 1-5 you can change all the default responses to what ever you want! ive done this with heaps of my old mods. helps when you want a projectile to actually hit the tank rather than have it bounce off it. give me thanks if u think i helped :tongue: :smile:

12. OP
    Pingo

Pingo Enthusiast

Ratings:

I do all my modding in real time. Dont use modding tools. H2V has none for mp.

Cheers for the reply anyway, i got it sorted. I made that rocket mod with this in it.
    But yeah that was a beginner question lol :tongue: