What's new

What are your honest thoughts on a Windows Phone

Red58

Red58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think my annual upgrade is coming around and I've always liked the idea of a Windows Phone, I know they're not as popular and I know it doesn't have the best app support, but is it a decent phone? Has anyone here ever had one?

If you think its absolutely terrible what phone do you think I should get (Verizon is my Carrier)?

sand1303

sand1303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i haven't used a windows phone since the HTC mogul lol. i went away from wm phones after android got popular. i think it has come a long way since i used them. i know one or two people who like their windows phones. if your not a heavy tinker-er and want simple and hate ios i wouldn't think it would be a bad choice. would i personally ever go back to one - highly unlikely but youtube is a hella good source when you are considering something new. there are gunna be a crap load of windows vs android vs iphone comparisons on there. my suggestion is spend some time watching some review videos before deciding

Ultra Pikey

Ultra Pikey

The Welshman
AzzidReign Jr Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
From the perspective of using it for solely business applications they are bloody excellent. The customer service is great and it does what it needs to fairly swiftly. But from the point of view of say your average Joe I would assume the same as business customers but I could be wrong. We had a few years back Lumia 625, 630 and 9xx.

Red58

Red58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
From the perspective of using it for solely business applications they are bloody excellent. The customer service is great and it does what it needs to fairly swiftly. But from the point of view of say your average Joe I would assume the same as business customers but I could be wrong. We had a few years back Lumia 625, 630 and 9xx.
Would you say it takes decent pictures? Really I only use my phone for Skype, Chrome, Google Maps, and really basic phone tasks (texting, calling etc.)

Ultra Pikey

Ultra Pikey

The Welshman
AzzidReign Jr Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Would you say it takes decent pictures? Really I only use my phone for Skype, Chrome, Google Maps, and really basic phone tasks (texting, calling etc.)

In my opinion for the purpose that I needed a camera for which was doing job quotes or taking evidence of structural flaws I found it to be an excellent camera and with the Windows Phone the ability to link to OneDrive and also Outlook was a rather useful facet.

For conference calling between my boss and the client and myself it performed well. But going more than 5 people the audio and video fidelity dropped somewhat. But seldom did I have this many people. My sole complaint with a Windows Phone back then was the lack of social media applications.

Hopefully the views of it's business applications help you in making your decisions. The one thing I would say is that the battery life of the Lumia 625, 630 and 9xx were excellent. I would use mine daily and quite heavily and get about 5 days or so out of the battery.

Aghast

Aghast

Retired
Retired
TotM Stickied Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
It's decent for the regular things you need to do on a phone. Not a fan of the OS, but it works.

Fearsaiyan7sins

Fearsaiyan7sins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think my annual upgrade is coming around and I've always liked the idea of a Windows Phone, I know they're not as popular and I know it doesn't have the best app support, but is it a decent phone? Has anyone here ever had one?

If you think its absolutely terrible what phone do you think I should get (Verizon is my Carrier)?
75% of apps available on ios / android isn't available there...

BitTorrent

BitTorrent

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
If you still haven't upgraded, it's not a bad phone if you don't care about apps. I'm pretty sure you can emulate android apps on it anyway (easy google search should show you how).

S

Scarlett Johansson

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Sin$
The device specs are decent, but the phone OS is crap.

Wispa

Wispa

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø
Donator 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
If you are going for a windows phone i would look for a higher end one. I had a lumia 520 and it took ages to load the apps up.
Although they might of fixed this with windows phone 10

NADA Elite

NADA Elite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Had a lumia 928, loved it all the way until I threw it across the street accidentally.

I didn't mind the lack of apps, different OS and other features. Go for it if you prefer business over play time.

If I had the option right now I would go back. I had my Xbox, PC and Phone seamlessly connected with other things as well (Outlook, One Drive Etc...)

Stocks

Stocks

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
It isn't the best for apps which is why most people want a high end phone for.

JaytheGod

JaytheGod

Reaction score
Sin$
Windows phone are ok but theres alot of room for improvement especially in the app area

50 Pence

50 Pence

❤Emma Roberts + Odeya Rush❤
10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy Services
Reaction score
Sin$
I currently own a window's phone they are great for music, Internet etc., Good quality speaker and mobile mic, Good layout on it similar to windows on PC and Xbox but APPS are limited and the facebook app is a bit buggy from time to time apart from that great battery life etc. Id rate 7.5/10

Aqua

Aqua

'Insert Inspirational Quote Here'
Legendary Veteran Free Hoster Contest Sponsor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't mind the windows phones but I would rather have an iPhone just because of their simplicity.

Top Bottom
Login
Register