What's new

Solved What are the signs of getting banned in GTA:O?

E

Existence99806

Reaction score
I've noticed that I have been placed in lobbies where there are modders. Nearly every single lobby I join has a modder. I wanted to know what the signs are of getting banned/suspended and how to avoid them. Before all of this, I had money dropped on me in a public lobby if that has anything to do with it.

N

Navy Davey

☠️Super Moderator☠️
Super Moderators
Reaction score
If you are banned you will not be able to go online at all.
You will get an alert when trying to join online stating that you are banned or suspended.
Being in a lobby where people are using mods will not get you banned.

E

Existence99806

Reaction score
You will get an alert when trying to join online stating that you are banned or suspended.
I guess I should've been more specific. Are there signs before you get banned or does it just happen?

E

EyeDuDab

...Documenting the Buggiest Game in History
Premium
Reaction score
I guess I should've been more specific. Are there signs before you get banned or does it just happen?
It just happens. No warning, other that possibly a temporary suspension.

My first suspension lasted 2 weeks. Some last 30 days. There are no standards to apply logic to this random punishment.

If you are not lucky, its a permanent ban for that account. On console, they ban the account tied to the console, not just social club. On pc, they ban the sc account from access or logging into gtaO.

Rockstar also has other games all tied to social club (as i have noticed)
Meaning... if your sc is penalized for gtav, it also affects other titles.

My experience is a creator ban for this test...
Rs deleted all of my jobs and punished my account by no longer being able to save jobs to the sc servers.

This rolls into red dead redemption 2 and the ability to purchase new horses. The horse requires a name, but the gtav punishment, wont let me save any horse names, making it physically impossible to buy new horses. Rendering the game almost useless for my account.

Be careful getting modded perks, wether accidental, or not. Its all punishable by ban on firs offense. Rs does not care if you did the modding...
Many accounts on pc got banned in the past because of modders gifting people without consent. The gifts in turn, raised flags, and innocent people were banned.

As far as warning signs... it happens when it happens, there is no warning prior to whatever decision they choose.

Sometimes, when we do glitches, we get wiped. But not punished. These are followed and preluded by a splash screen when loading thru the clouds. You will see an image saying "we adjusted your account, dont do it again or else ban"

Hope this helps.
Post automatically merged:

...another solved question? Lol, not solved according to the discussion ive read. But i might be missing something
Who is marking these as resolved?
Post automatically merged:

It will if mods were used on you. With or without consent.

Since rs removed all means of calling support, less and less accounts get reviewed. Its mostly automated banning algorithms.

I have never heard of anyone in gta's existence getting an account ban decision reversed. (2013 - current)

Last edited:
Top Bottom