What's new

Discussion What are the logistics behind actually getting real KVs?

• Thread starter SkyFly95
  • Start date
  • Views 6,390
S

SkyFly95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm honestly curious about this. Why am I paying $7 for a 16Kb file? Can somebody who is familiar explain how these people are getting so called "unshared" KVs and selling them for this cheap? I can only imagine two ways in which people are getting these KVs:

They somehow extract them from retail Xbox 360s (This seems unlikely, how would the effort in finding a Xbox, getting the KV, and only selling it for $7 be profitable to anybody??)

The only other option I can think of is that a select few people have reverse engineered how KVs are made and are able to just generate legitimate ones which makes much more sense as to how they are so readily available at a low price.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but I would love to know how this is done. Honestly, I feel like with all the voodoo witch doctor magic the modding community has done to the Xbox since it was released, we would've found a method to just generate KVs freely with ease by now.

Custom Obama

Custom Obama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm honestly curious about this. Why am I paying $7 for a 16Kb file? Can somebody who is familiar explain how these people are getting so called "unshared" KVs and selling them for this cheap? I can only imagine two ways in which people are getting these KVs:

They somehow extract them from retail Xbox 360s (This seems unlikely, how would the effort in finding a Xbox, getting the KV, and only selling it for $7 be profitable to anybody??)

The only other option I can think of is that a select few people have reverse engineered how KVs are made and are able to just generate legitimate ones which makes much more sense as to how they are so readily available at a low price.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but I would love to know how this is done. Honestly, I feel like with all the voodoo witch doctor magic the modding community has done to the Xbox since it was released, we would've found a method to just generate KVs freely with ease by now.
I've wondered this too.
But KV's cannot be generated unless we have access to all the xbox live databases that stores the KV's information on it. If you try to just make any KV from scratch MS will be able to detect it's not real.

S

SkyFly95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've wondered this too.
But KV's cannot be generated unless we have access to all the xbox live databases that stores the KV's information on it. If you try to just make any KV from scratch MS will be able to detect it's not real.

I wonder if there is some kind of methodology or algorithm Microsoft used when creating a new KV, or if when they were added it was just a random 16kb of data which they saved to a database, that would make it pretty much impossible to replicate them. It still wouldn't explain why we can get them for so cheap though

E

Express_me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's a good question but no one will never tell how they get tons of them because if they did than it would be fixed fast

Custom Obama

Custom Obama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They don't get them via a Microsoft server exploitation I can tell you that. I'm sure they dump them from retails but idk how they sell them for like $7 and make a profit

BLACKBEARDMODS

BLACKBEARDMODS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They don't get them via a Microsoft server exploitation I can tell you that. I'm sure they dump them from retails but idk how they sell them for like $7 and make a profit
its because every kv seller cheapens their prices to attract customers, at some point im sure someone dug way down and everyone is just at a standard of $7 which is a huge shame and relatively bad business longevity practices that seems to have rolled and hasn't stopped. Maybe I'm wrong.

Cloudie

Cloudie

Reaction score
Sin$
Someone I know buys consoles dumps the kv then sells the console back to gamestop. lol

AngeDeLaMort

AngeDeLaMort

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Someone I know buys consoles dumps the kv then sells the console back to gamestop. lol

hes a nice **** then huh.. this be fine if it was just gamestop getting ****ed up the arse but they will make their money if sold quick enough

BLACKBEARDMODS

BLACKBEARDMODS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hes a nice **** then huh.. this be fine if it was just gamestop getting ****ed up the arse but they will make their money if sold quick enough
Right now they're selling phat consoles, controller, cables and like a game or two for less then $70~ When I did KVs they were around $40-$30 range; made sense those days but not today at $7 or less, that's just free labor.

lol

lol

Was Here
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm guessing the real profit is in the consoles and not the kv's. They have to rgh/jtag it to get the kv anyway. What would be the point in turning it back into a retail and letting it gather dust? The kv's are probably just an extra few bucks whilst they're selling modded xboxs.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

I've wondered this too.

That's a good question but no one will never tell how they get tons of them because if they did than it would be fixed fast

its because every kv seller cheapens their prices to attract customers, at some point im sure someone dug way down and everyone is just at a standard of $7 which is a huge shame and relatively bad business longevity practices that seems to have rolled and hasn't stopped. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm guessing the real profit is in the consoles and not the kv's. They have to rgh/jtag it to get the kv anyway. What would be the point in turning it back into a retail and letting it gather dust? The kv's are probably just an extra few bucks whilst they're selling modded xboxs.
KV's come from places in third world countries that work on xbox 360's. Some countries may have plenty of xbox 360's but do not have xbox live service in their area. Service shops that repair these xbox 360's or storage facilities that have them often extract the KV's from these consoles and then sell them in bulk to Middle Distributors who then sell them to big-name KV sellers like Ghost and Pulse and then they sell them to modders to use.

No one in those countries notices their KV's are being used by modders and getting banned because no one who owns those consoles even would take them online as there is no xbox live in their area(s)

Yes, it is true, some people buy consoles, extract KV's and either exploit the consoles or get rid of them, but the majority of KV's come from what I described above.

purpmanz

purpmanz

Reaction score
Sin$
KV's come from places in third world countries that work on xbox 360's. Some countries may have plenty of xbox 360's but do not have xbox live service in their area. Service shops that repair these xbox 360's or storage facilities that have them often extract the KV's from these consoles and then sell them in bulk to Middle Distributors who then sell them to big-name KV sellers like Ghost and Pulse and then they sell them to modders to use.

No one in those countries notices their KV's are being used by modders and getting banned because no one who owns those consoles even would take them online as there is no xbox live in their area(s)

Yes, it is true, some people buy consoles, extract KV's and either exploit the consoles or get rid of them, but the majority of KV's come from what I described above.
wow thank ive always wondered this

Benjamin Rush

Benjamin Rush

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

Atlas hit the nail on the head with this one. I am curious if KV supplies will decrease now that consoles are legal in China though.

The only way for people to generate KVs would be if they got a hold of the retail signing certificate, which would also allow people to sign code and run it on an unmodified console.

S

SkyFly95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

This is the exact kind of response I was hoping for from a veteran on this site. Thank you!!

Playboy

Playboy

dohc
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I mean if you can even begin to imagine how many kvs people buy and get banned per day thats how many console nands have to be extracted, I used to rgh consoles myself and I would say personally it would take me 5/10 minutes to open the console take all the cr4p out get to the points solder them in ect and to do that to 400 consoles.. I mean go for it bud but I don't really think anyone in this world let alone this community is patient enough to go through xbox after xbox just to extract some nands lol. From my point of view I think there is a KV generator out there, theres one for the xdk I'm pretty sure, and there are some smart people in this community, just a matter of time until it's brought to light...

HaXzz

HaXzz

Amazing!
Donator Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I mean if you can even begin to imagine how many kvs people buy and get banned per day thats how many console nands have to be extracted, I used to rgh consoles myself and I would say personally it would take me 5/10 minutes to open the console take all the cr4p out get to the points solder them in ect and to do that to 400 consoles.. I mean go for it bud but I don't really think anyone in this world let alone this community is patient enough to go through xbox after xbox just to extract some nands lol. From my point of view I think there is a KV generator out there, theres one for the xdk I'm pretty sure, and there are some smart people in this community, just a matter of time until it's brought to light...
nand clips + qsb's = super easy

Top Bottom
Login
Register