What Are My Chances of not Getting GS Reset

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by dirtovermud, Jun 15, 2009 with 16 replies and 722 views.

1. dirtovermud

dirtovermud Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey guys, I'm new here, I just wanted to ask you if I have a very large chance of getting GS reset.

Now, is Microsofts priority for GS resetting Hex editers, Gamesavers, or profile glitchers like me?

Now, I've only glitched 2 achievements, Battle-Hardened Gear, and Veteran Gear Achievement. I've NEVER glitched ANY achievements except for these two. I also have every privacy setting on.

I have a friend who has had 100 rank since the new ranking system came out. He hasn't been banned yet.

How long is Microsoft going to be catching people for this? How much money are they going to put into it?

But my real question is, do I have a chance of escaping the reset hammer?

2. x C33J4Y x

x C33J4Y x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    unofficially

the ban wave has stopped, as i havent heard of a case of GS reset or banning for over 3 weeks :smile:
    so you should be safe... for now, but with every wave of banning that ms does they search deeper and deeper finding more an more

so just be careful :smile:

3. OP
    dirtovermud

dirtovermud Newbie

Ratings:
    Do they do banwaves like every 2 months or something?

But seriously, are they done gs resetting for now?

4. MoRa

MoRa Banned

Ratings:
    They do banwaves whenever they want. No one knows when they do it.

And also they're not done resetting anyone. They just pick people at random. But if you only glitched 2 achievements then you should be good. Because I glitched like 5k gamerscore.

5. OP
    dirtovermud

dirtovermud Newbie

Ratings:
    One more question, is Microsoft aiming to GS reset people whove glitched like, two achievements, or are they just aiming to GS reset hardcore glitchers/hackers like GHOS7 187 who glitch tons of things?

Have you been reset yet?

6. x C33J4Y x

x C33J4Y x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    just anything they come across :smile: an they have ban waves 'Roughly' every 2-3 months, they ban about 10 000 then stop for a while

7. MoRa

MoRa Banned

Ratings:
    MS is going for whoever looks like they have suspicious looking achievements(meaning they are out of order or are unlocked before a game release IE, mythic achievements in Halo 3)

I have yet to be reset.

8. Go Outside Nerd

Go Outside Nerd Enthusiast

Ratings:
    More than a chance. Ive had 1425/1425 since it was available and my account is fine.

GHOS7 got banned probably because his gs was hexed. He hexed it to 187 after it got reset and he doesnt really have 187 gs

9. OP
    dirtovermud

dirtovermud Newbie

Ratings:
    One of the reasons I'm worried is because when I glitched the achievements, I got Veteran Gear before I got Battle Hardened gear.

Also, how does Microsoft catch people? Do they gather complaints of people with rank 100 and then look them over and decide whether to ban them or not? Or do they go down a list of people and try to pick people out?

10. IronFalcon92

IronFalcon92 Baedolfin VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Your achievements are out of order so the chance is there, but there's a good chance that you won't get caught because so many people have done it as well.

They catch people that look suspicious. They don't really care about complaints because they get so many it's hard to keep up with them. They have better things to do than sit around and pick random people off a list. They could probably just have a mass-search and find everyone with the veteran gear achievement and nail everyone with lower XP then they should have.

But most likely you're safe so don't get yourself too worried.

And privacy settings won't save you from Microsoft.

11. OP
    dirtovermud

dirtovermud Newbie

Ratings:
    Another question.
    Approximately how many people have been reset by Microsofts ban wave.(the current GoW2 ban wave)
    When can I consider myself mostly safe from reset?(what month)
    Is Epic fixing the 100 glitch in TU4?

12. BoneZ

BoneZ #REGULATORS Premium

Ratings:
  13. OP
    dirtovermud

dirtovermud Newbie

Ratings:
    whats a trap?

14. MoRa

MoRa Banned

Ratings:
    A couple of people have been reset from GoW2.

And you can never consider yourself safe, even if it's been a year there's still a chance of getting reset.

15. OP
    dirtovermud

dirtovermud Newbie

Ratings:

So only a few people have been reset from Gears 2?

So if you can never consider yourself safe, it's like being an Xbox Glitching fugitive on the run?:tongue:

Anyone know if Epic is fixing 100 glitch in TU4?

If they are, is that going to cut down resets of rank 100s?

bumpity bump

bump

16. garma111

garma111 Newbie

Ratings:
    They most probably will fix the 100 glitch, or do somthing that it will send out reports when somone hits 100 or anything in that range... who knows.

17. Infamous JC

Infamous JC Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Long story short, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.