What's new

Were you a "Halo 3" or "Call Of Duty 4" player back in the day ?

Maza

Maza

Video Editor
Reaction score
Sin$
Title says all.

Were you the Halo 3 player ? Where everyone would dream of having Recon Armor and would spend hours upon hours looking it up online on how to get it & would play custom games all day ?

or​

Were you on the Call of Duty 4 side ? Where everyone was trying to get that precious gold camo & were either doing glitches/bounces , Playing Michael Myers, Or Cops & Robbers . Let's not forget the famous "1v1's" on Shipment that have started & ended many friendships.

Which game were you on between the two ? Let's take some time here and remember the good times
(or bad)

Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I really wanted Recon armor but knew I would never get it.

Night

Night

Retired Unofficial Article Riter
Reaction score
Sin$
Call of Duty 4. God I have such good memories of that game. Mike mEyers lobbies done the right way, finally getting that Gold Cross status, cage match boosting for red tiger, QSing with the acog m40a3 and so much more.

I only have one bad memory of that game. Trying to beat the helicopter mission on Veteran. Me and my dad literally spent at least two weeks trying to beat it.

Night

Night

Reaction score
Sin$
I was one of those guys who spent hours on the campaign doing all the stupid tricks hoping to get it. Good times

I remember one guy who got it because he uploaded a video of him getting killed by one of those traffic cone things. It was hilarious.

Maza

Maza

Video Editor
Reaction score
Sin$
I remember one guy who got it because he uploaded a video of him getting killed by one of those traffic cone things. It was hilarious.
Yes now that I remember, 24 hours later a million people are trying to do the same thing as well. I swear , Having recon really made you a legit celebrity in those days.

Night

Night

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes now that I remember, 24 hours later a million people are trying to do the same thing as well. I swear , Having recon really made you a legit celebrity in those days.

Heck yeah it did. My buddy had it because his dad worked for Bungie and people would literally circle him in matches, chanting and "worshipping" him for having it lmao.

Aghast

Aghast

Retired
Retired
TotM Stickied Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I used to only play Call of Duty. It was pretty fun until modders ruined it.

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

[LOADING...404]
Reaction score
Sin$
Both tbh, I was a diehard cod4 fan, after waw i kind of stopped playing COD's and went back to Halo.

CHICK3NSHRIMP

CHICK3NSHRIMP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I logged too many hours on both those games. I haven't enjoyed a halo since halo 3 and CoD these last couple of years has gone the wrong direction in my opinion.

This is the first year since CoD 3 I haven't bought a CoD. Advanced warfare I took back a week after I purchased it.

I would pay 80 dollars for a remake of CoD 4, 5 or MW2. Infinity ward in my opinion makes the best CoDs. Treyarchs only good game was 5.

Maza

Maza

Video Editor
Reaction score
Sin$
I logged too many hours on both those games. I haven't enjoyed a halo since halo 3 and CoD these last couple of years has gone the wrong direction in my opinion.

This is the first year since CoD 3 I haven't bought a CoD. Advanced warfare I took back a week after I purchased it.

I would pay 80 dollars for a remake of CoD 4, 5 or MW2. Infinity ward in my opinion makes the best CoDs. Treyarchs only good game was 5.
Honestly sad how they ruined the cod series. WaW was a bit different but was still a fun add on to the series. Personally , Call of Duty 4 was my favorite of the whole series

Jack of Blades

Jack of Blades

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo 3 man. Early in the days of H3 the legit 50's were gods among men. Back when you saw a 50 on the other team and knew you were going to get slaughtered.

I remember playing with a friend of mine, bwill2hot4u, and he made it on "Top 10 Kills of the Week" and beat pros like StrongSide in Matchmaking. He sold 50's for some extra cash. I was never that good, but I came close. We often ran and owned the doubles playlist.

Back when no scoping was some insane skill or took unrealistic luck to pull off. Back when glitches like flag juggling or oddball melees took finesse to perform under intense clutch situations.

Nothing will ever come close to those days.

No Pants Party

No Pants Party

Whiskey.
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
I played an equal time with both, probably had more fun with CoD though.

Top Bottom
Login
Register