Well. This isn't cool.

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding' started by Letol, Jan 5, 2009 with 18 replies and 739 views.

1. Letol

Letol Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok, so I tried to sign into Xbox Live today, and apparently I was correct. Xbox Live hates me. I've been suspended from Xbox Live until this Wednesday (January 7, 2009). So anyways, you get banned from matchmaking and your fileshare if Bungie catches you modding Halo 3 right? I haven't heard of people getting suspended from Xbox Live for this, and also I went to B.net and my fileshare still works.

Do you guys think I got suspended for modding/having videos of my modded maps on my fileshare or some other reason, because I really enjoy matchmaking. Well, either way, when I was on B.net, I deleted the videos with my modded maps off of my fileshare just incase, though I will still have to look up if you can get banned for having videos of mods or not. Let me know what you think happened.

2. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    You probably got suspended for something else? If Bungie found modded content on your Fileshare, I think you would be banned permanently from Halo 3 and lose your fileshare.

3. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    Your probably in trouble for tampering with your console.

4. OP
    Letol

Letol Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Only a 3 day ban for tampering with a console? I dunno. Then again, I wouldn't know. I went on Xbox.com hoping for a reason that I was suspended, but I can't even go there.

5. gabe_k

gabe_k Enthusiast

Ratings:
    When MS starts being able to detect that, and gives that short a ban, tell me.

6. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    People probably reported you for having modded **** on your FS

7. Eazy B

Eazy B Getting There

Ratings:
    Technically you can be banned for the modded content you've made but its unusual for them to come after you.

8. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    You can get reported by others smartass.

They reset a bunch of gamerscores too, I think their trying to bring down an Iron Fist... and we're just laughing at em really.

9. OP
    Letol

Letol Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I did show my maps to some of my friends, and they invited some of their friends. They all seemed to like the maps though, don't know why they would report me.

And lol, who even cares about gamerscore? It's useless. It would be kind of fun to get back all the achievements I have too. Give me something to do.

Also, the only modded files on my fileshare were videos of mods, and they were only about 2 seconds long, practically a picture of me in a video file, not even showing there were mods on the map. I don't think it was that, unless some smartass came here and reported everyone.

Ha, I've always had a theory that Xbox Live hates me. I've been laggy as hell ever since I started playing. I've bought a new router, changed endless settings, called support a few times, and even now I still get booted off of Xbox Live periodically, even though I still have internet on my computer during these times. I even have an open NAT and the lag cut down a lot, but comes back every once in a while. Well, this just adds on to the theory that Xbox Live just plain hates me. Fun.

(D'oh, my friend just got his 360 back today or yesterday, he got the RROD for the 3rd time about a month ago. He's playing Halo 3 right now too. Being suspended blows.)

EDIT: Ok well the ban is over now, and dumba** me forgot to check and see if I could play matchmaking. Either way, I'm happy to be unbanned. If I even continue to mod, I'm going to be a lot more careful about things.

EDIT: Ok nevermind, I'm going to continue modding. Apparently, some smartass thought it would be funny to report me for having the word "***" in my bio. Everything in my profile came up as code of conduct, but I changed it back. People piss me off sometimes. Anyways, I'm going to continue modding as I said, so look forward to a new map. Soon. Or eventually. Whenever.

10. Doob E Snack

Doob E Snack Enthusiast

Ratings:
    just dont put stupid stuff on your profile and u wont get banned

11. OwnedTom

OwnedTom Contributor

Ratings:
  12. OP
    Letol

Letol Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I avoid stupid stuff, but seriously. One word, "***", and someone thinks it would be fun to report me.

13. GTORacer

GTORacer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Nothing to do with modding, its something in your bio/ motto, trust me

14. Doob E Snack

Doob E Snack Enthusiast

Ratings:
  15. ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06 The Shiroyasha Retired

Ratings:
    It's either something in your profile (offensive ect), or many of the people who joined you reported you. They can't detect it, so the most they will do is temp ban you to try to warn you to stop. You really think MS would come after you for UserMap modding? I think they would worry more about profile modding tbh.

16. Synester

Synester Newbie

Ratings:
    If I'm correct it should have the offensive material switched to code of conduct right?

17. shadowboy166

shadowboy166 Newbie

Ratings:
    Check your emails that you used for live. There should be a message from Microsoft saying why you got suspended. I got suspended for offensive things in my bio :thumbdown:

18. shadowboy166

shadowboy166 Newbie

Ratings:
    I got banned for 1 day :frown: Lol oh well it was only 1 day, I handled it fine.

19. OP
    Letol

Letol Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I've been unbanned for about 9 days now, and yes, it was "offense material". Woo. One word, big deal. Whatever, apparently some people care. Either way, yeah, I got the e-mail two days after I was unbanned lol, but it's all good now.