Welcome to the Game Development Section

Discussion in 'Game Development' started by MatthewH, Apr 6, 2014 with 25 replies and 2,754 views.

1. GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3 VIP VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Their are two parts to game developers. Artists and Engineers. Engineers want to make the physics engines and all of that. The artists, just want to make art in the game. So depending who you ask, artists will seek an engine already made. Engineers will too, but tend to want to make their own engines.

I can fully agree to your statement because im in that same boat.

2. OP
    MatthewH

MatthewH Member

Ratings:
    Well yes, I know that; but this thread is more focused for new comers to game development to find resources and links to engines. However, if you want to make a tutorial for it go ahead and if it provides text and a video (or just in-depth text explanation) I will put it in there!
    But it is quite fun to make your own physics for sure!

Well I guess you could call them engineers, but I wouldn't call myself an engineer or an artist. I'm just a programmer. However, I do have the urge to create my own engine...but I wouldn't even know where to start! :tongue: :tongue:

3. OP
    MatthewH

MatthewH Member

Ratings:
    Update: Updated layout and added more information. Let me know what you think!

4. sethboarders

sethboarders Newbie

Ratings:
    love the info you have collected in here. ive always wanted to get into programming, but never knew where to start. With this maybe now I can get my foot in the door so to speak.

5. OP
    MatthewH

MatthewH Member

Ratings:
    Well are you interested in game development or other programming? Game development can very different than other types of programming that one may be used to seeing.

6. sethboarders

sethboarders Newbie

Ratings:
    Oh sorry defiantly mean game development lol it's awfull early though (been up since 3 am) so my words and thoughts got a little scrambled