GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Programmer Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes. You've listed a lot engines that have physics already made for you, I'm saying it's cool to make your own stuff from scratch.

Their are two parts to game developers. Artists and Engineers. Engineers want to make the physics engines and all of that. The artists, just want to make art in the game. So depending who you ask, artists will seek an engine already made. Engineers will too, but tend to want to make their own engines.

I can fully agree to your statement because im in that same boat.

P

pwfdc

Bright Idea Programmer Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes. You've listed a lot engines that have physics already made for you, I'm saying it's cool to make your own stuff from scratch.
Well yes, I know that; but this thread is more focused for new comers to game development to find resources and links to engines. However, if you want to make a tutorial for it go ahead and if it provides text and a video (or just in-depth text explanation) I will put it in there!
But it is quite fun to make your own physics for sure!

Their are two parts to game developers. Artists and Engineers. Engineers want to make the physics engines and all of that. The artists, just want to make art in the game. So depending who you ask, artists will seek an engine already made. Engineers will too, but tend to want to make their own engines.

I can fully agree to your statement because im in that same boat.
Well I guess you could call them engineers, but I wouldn't call myself an engineer or an artist. I'm just a programmer. However, I do have the urge to create my own engine...but I wouldn't even know where to start! :tongue: :tongue:

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Update: Updated layout and added more information. Let me know what you think!

S

sethboarders

Reaction score
Sin$
love the info you have collected in here. ive always wanted to get into programming, but never knew where to start. With this maybe now I can get my foot in the door so to speak.

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
love the info you have collected in here. ive always wanted to get into programming, but never knew where to start. With this maybe now I can get my foot in the door so to speak.
Well are you interested in game development or other programming? Game development can very different than other types of programming that one may be used to seeing.

S

sethboarders

Reaction score
Sin$
Well are you interested in game development or other programming? Game development can very different than other types of programming that one may be used to seeing.
Oh sorry defiantly mean game development lol it's awfull early though (been up since 3 am) so my words and thoughts got a little scrambled

Top Bottom
Login
Register