Solved weird red ring of death error

• Thread starter cameron thomas
  • Start date
  • Views 178
C

cameron thomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so a while back i got 2 xbox 360s from a guy,one with the RROD, and one missing the dvd key(thats in my other thread) so me being the mr. fix-it i am, i go and perform several of the RROD fix tutorials on here and other websites. none of these have worked. so i try reflowing the board. to no avail. so i find a forum post with RROD error codes and what they mean, so i go and do it and i end up with 0001, a power supply issue. this makes little sense considering the power supply was tested on another xbox 5 seconds before i used it on the broken one. so at this point im wondering what the heck is wrong with my box, and considering just paying to get it fixed. anyone had any similar problems/solutions to said problems?

X

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

Contributor
Reaction score
your mosfets are more than likely blown, and aside from testing for the bad components your pretty much out of luck.

T

The Coon

I just lick clits and make memes bro ~ KoMa
Reaction score
so a while back i got 2 xbox 360s from a guy,one with the RROD, and one missing the dvd key(thats in my other thread) so me being the mr. fix-it i am, i go and perform several of the RROD fix tutorials on here and other websites. none of these have worked. so i try reflowing the board. to no avail. so i find a forum post with RROD error codes and what they mean, so i go and do it and i end up with 0001, a power supply issue. this makes little sense considering the power supply was tested on another xbox 5 seconds before i used it on the broken one. so at this point im wondering what the heck is wrong with my box, and considering just paying to get it fixed. anyone had any similar problems/solutions to said problems?
Sounds like you did not perform a successful reflow, which could've led to a blown mofset or two. You could've possibly damaged a resistor, capacitor, or another component that regulates power(mofset).

C

cameron thomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you did not perform a successful reflow, which could've led to a blown mofset or two. You could've possibly damaged a resistor, capacitor, or another component that regulates power(mofset).
so its junk then?
hold up! i think i found the blown capacitor! its a little ballooned upwards and has some gunk on top of it, could that be the problem? nope just tested it with my volt meter, same as the other ones

G

GModz Tuts

Se7ensins Un-Official Lobby Verifier
Reaction score
so its junk then?
hold up! i think i found the blown capacitor! its a little ballooned upwards and has some gunk on top of it, could that be the problem? nope just tested it with my volt meter, same as the other ones
For the most part yes. 0001, and 0002 are a pain in the A*s to fix, and nearly impossible.

C

cameron thomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the most part yes. 0001, and 0002 are a pain in the A*s to fix, and nearly impossible.
well now im glad i didnt pay anything for it :smile: ill just ebay it or something then. well thanks for the help, this forums great!

Top Bottom