Question Weird Laser and Deck in PS3 Super Slim

• Thread starter Eckethump
  • Start date
  • Views 4,323
E

Eckethump

Reaction score
Sin$
Can you help me in identifying this laser and deck, taken from a CECH 4203A Super SLim. It has a single eye lens and the ribbon cable to the main board is narrower than the standard KEM 850PHA lens/Deck

20140718_153827.jpg

20140718_153847.jpg

Thanks

E

Eckethump

Reaction score
Sin$
Most of them are model specific, so if you're looking to replace it, just search for that model.

Hi
Ok, I should state that I repair PS3 for a living, amongst other things. I have searched for days to find a model number for this particular model but can't find anything other than that PS3 Super Slims CECH-4xxx models come with a KEM-850PHA/KES-850PHA laser/Deck.

This is not a 850PHA has I have a number of them in stock. I was asking if anybody here had come across this particular laser and new what model it is.

I have even searched through hundreds of images of PS3 lasers on google and nothing comes close to this with it's single lens. As far as I knew the last single lens laser where the 400A models for the original Fat consoles and ever since then they are 2 lens lasers.

C

Chancey1483

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm wondering if you have figured out the answer to this as I'm having the same problem with the CECH 4201B. It's been a pain so far to find anything.

E

Eckethump

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm wondering if you have figured out the answer to this as I'm having the same problem with the CECH 4201B. It's been a pain so far to find anything.

sorry, but I never managed to find any official information on this model. It seems to be a lower cost deck and lens for the 12GB super slim but I can't find the model number from anywhere. i even tried the official playstation forums but no luck.

In the end I had to turn down the repair job because I couldn't get hold of any replacement parts. Trying to explain this to a customer was not the most fun I've ever had.

J

Jimmyd123

Reaction score
Sin$
Have you had any luck finding the lens piece? I'm currently unable to find one
The laser you are looking for is available at Ebay.I think it is thru ET-Game-Supply. Just search on cech-4201b laser. However it cost 70 dollars which greatly increases your repair cost.

Top Bottom
Login
Register