What's new

Unsolved Weird Laser and Deck in PS3 Super Slim

• Thread starter Eckethump
  • Start date
  • Views 3,766
E

Eckethump

Reaction score
Can you help me in identifying this laser and deck, taken from a CECH 4203A Super SLim. It has a single eye lens and the ribbon cable to the main board is narrower than the standard KEM 850PHA lens/Deck

20140718_153827.jpg

20140718_153847.jpg

Thanks

Wolf

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Sinner 7th Anniversary Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Most of them are model specific, so if you're looking to replace it, just search for that model.

E

Eckethump

Reaction score
Most of them are model specific, so if you're looking to replace it, just search for that model.

Hi
Ok, I should state that I repair PS3 for a living, amongst other things. I have searched for days to find a model number for this particular model but can't find anything other than that PS3 Super Slims CECH-4xxx models come with a KEM-850PHA/KES-850PHA laser/Deck.

This is not a 850PHA has I have a number of them in stock. I was asking if anybody here had come across this particular laser and new what model it is.

I have even searched through hundreds of images of PS3 lasers on google and nothing comes close to this with it's single lens. As far as I knew the last single lens laser where the 400A models for the original Fat consoles and ever since then they are 2 lens lasers.

C

Chancey1483

Reaction score
I'm wondering if you have figured out the answer to this as I'm having the same problem with the CECH 4201B. It's been a pain so far to find anything.

E

Eckethump

Reaction score
I'm wondering if you have figured out the answer to this as I'm having the same problem with the CECH 4201B. It's been a pain so far to find anything.

sorry, but I never managed to find any official information on this model. It seems to be a lower cost deck and lens for the 12GB super slim but I can't find the model number from anywhere. i even tried the official playstation forums but no luck.

In the end I had to turn down the repair job because I couldn't get hold of any replacement parts. Trying to explain this to a customer was not the most fun I've ever had.

C

Chancey1483

Reaction score
Well that's not good. Looks like I may have to replace the whole system.

G

Gc2318

Reaction score
Hi

I have one of these lasers pulled from a dead ps3 super slim which was in working order.....

ballhardd24

ballhardd24

Reaction score
Have you had any luck finding the lens piece? I'm currently unable to find one

J

Jimmyd123

Reaction score
Have you had any luck finding the lens piece? I'm currently unable to find one
The laser you are looking for is available at Ebay.I think it is thru ET-Game-Supply. Just search on cech-4201b laser. However it cost 70 dollars which greatly increases your repair cost.

Top Bottom