Website Hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joshrpg

Qahnaarin
Retired
Reaction score
This is a question for those out there that have websites. What is your preferred/recommended web host and worth the money.

I'm not looking to create anything massive like a forums site like this one, just a blog like thing for tutorials and program downloads. Maybe a Cydia repo if I get into that.

T

Taser

༼ つ ◉_◉ ༽つ
Reaction score
I use windows azure. It can be a bit pricey if you dont have a msdn account but it works well.

J

Joshrpg

Qahnaarin
Retired
Reaction score
I use windows azure. It can be a bit pricey if you dont have a msdn account but it works well.

I thought Azure was some kind of program? I'm talking about GoDaddy, BlueHost, etc.

T

Taser

༼ つ ◉_◉ ༽つ
Reaction score
I thought Azure was some kind of program? I'm talking about GoDaddy, BlueHost, etc.
Its for web applications like vms, websites, cloud services etc. I have used hostgator for hosting before. They have pretty good prices.

Z

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Reaction score
Azure is a cloud hosting service.

M

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
I've been admin on a site with BlueHost and I personally thought it was pretty good. Although I don't have any first hand experience with ti.

L

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Reaction score
This is a question for those out there that have websites. What is your preferred/recommended web host and worth the money.

I'm not looking to create anything massive like a forums site like this one, just a blog like thing for tutorials and program downloads. Maybe a Cydia repo if I get into that.
I use 000webhost it's free and I've been paid ones like Godaddy bluehost etc. Personally I like 000webhost the best and they are free too.

T

The_Notorious_BIG

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Reaction score
Im hosting mine by myself and i not had not too many problems, you just have to you tube a lot of stuff. But i got recommended Hostgator by Ressko and it seams to be pretty cheap over 3 years...

M

MatthewH

Reaction score
I use 000webhost it's free and I've been paid ones like Godaddy bluehost etc. Personally I like 000webhost the best and they are free too.
000webhost is crap. If you have like 1 unique visitor a day and if you don't have mass mailing and if you want limited everything and so on, it's fine; but when you're up in bigger numbers and you require 350 GB bandwith or more just to keep your site from going down. It's important to have a good hosting.

To OP:
I personally use SimplyDigitalHosting. Good prices and I have the ability to manage all my domains and services from one account.
There's also JustHost, GoDaddy, and so many more! Just gotta do a bit of research.

L

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Reaction score
000webhost is crap. If you have like 1 unique visitor a day and if you don't have mass mailing and if you want limited everything and so on, it's fine; but when you're up in bigger numbers and you require 350 GB bandwith or more just to keep your site from going down. It's important to have a good hosting.

To OP:
I personally use SimplyDigitalHosting. Good prices and I have the ability to manage all my domains and services from one account.
There's also JustHost, GoDaddy, and so many more! Just gotta do a bit of research.
It should do for his purposes... For any smaller site it works great, and even if you run out of space, I personally use links from either a personal server I own or my dropbox account where I can hold many more GB of files.

C

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I've been admin on a site with BlueHost and I personally thought it was pretty good. Although I don't have any first hand experience with ti.
BH is actually one of the best IMO. Asmallorange is good too.

X

xMANU 4EVA TKx

Oh hi
Reaction score
Godaddy, Never had problems with them. I use 35 - 45 GB Bandwidth a day.

J

Joshrpg

Qahnaarin
Retired
Reaction score
Godaddy, Never had problems with them. I use 35 - 45 GB Bandwidth a day.
I've used GoDaddy in the past and they always had really slow download speeds for me.

I created a account for it and tried to link my domain with them and it wouldn't work. I think I would have top pay to have the domain point to their servers.

T

Taser

༼ つ ◉_◉ ༽つ
Reaction score
They look pretty decent. My only complaints is that it is a bit much for most people and you can only buy 3 months. I suggest http://www.hostmantis.com/shared.shtml. Their plans are really nice and very reasonably priced. They are also really good at hosting forums or other sites because they dont put a cap on their databases unless they are stupidly big. There customer support always seems to know my problems (I am a nub so there is a lot). I like how you can also pick where you want it hosted (LA, Detroit, Amsterdam). I use this on a couple of my sites and highly suggest. If any one wants to purchase you can use my referral link https://my.hostmantis.com/aff.php?aff=582

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom