• Thread starter Sup Im BirDy
  • Start date
  • Views 1,443
Sup Im BirDy

Sup Im BirDy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everyone BirDy here and I've noticed there is still a good amount of people still floating around in the WaW modding section that I am going to make this program called WaW Tool Box. Tool box will have all the known scripts from all the great GSC mod menus we have such as physic n flex 3, project x 2.0 and elasticity and more. It'll mostly just be a source type program giving you all the gsc mods from player mods to gun mods without you needing to search for them across the internet, they will all be on one program. I hope to put model names, shader names and more into categories with pictures, so you can select and have the scripts there for your convenience. Here is a screen shot of what I have done so far. No functions leading to the codes yet from the buttons but I am currently working on getting the names of all the mods and categorizing them with their coding. Tell me what you think and I will further work on this little project. This will probably be one of the last programs I make for waw but I'm not done with the coding part just yet!
8x1ulw.png

AgreedBog381

AgreedBog381

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everyone BirDy here and I've noticed there is still a good amount of people still floating around in the WaW modding section that I am going to make this program called WaW Tool Box. Tool box will have all the known scripts from all the great GSC mod menus we have such as physic n flex 3, project x 2.0 and elasticity and more. It'll mostly just be a source type program giving you all the gsc mods from player mods to gun mods without you needing to search for them across the internet, they will all be on one program. I hope to put model names, shader names and more into categories with pictures, so you can select and have the scripts there for your convenience. Here is a screen shot of what I have done so far. No functions leading to the codes yet from the buttons but I am currently working on getting the names of all the mods and categorizing them with their coding. Tell me what you think and I will further work on this little project. This will probably be one of the last programs I make for waw but I'm not done with the coding part just yet!
8x1ulw.png
I like how you only named the menus I made for waw :biggrin: Anyways looks like a good start! Although I prefer C# over vb xD

Sup Im BirDy

Sup Im BirDy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I like how you only named the menus I made for waw :biggrin: Anyways looks like a good start! Although I prefer C# over vb xD
Well latest ones to really go by from what I've seen. The rest I can think of haven't had all the newer mods integrated. But C# wasn't working well with dotnetbars office ribbon form with me. Got a little heated so went to VB haha

Smokey xKoVx

Smokey xKoVx

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah.. but that seems like a lot of work and hardly anyone does gsc for waw.
plus anyone can just take the code from the common.ff if they wanted to.
and theres alot of lists on here already with scripts and dvars 
but i do think the idea is a cool one tho.
I would say do this for bo2 more then waw tho.

Sup Im BirDy

Sup Im BirDy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah.. but that seems like a lot of work and hardly anyone does gsc for waw.
plus anyone can just take the code from the common.ff if they wanted to.
and theres alot of lists on here already with scripts and dvars 
but i do think the idea is a cool one tho.
I would say do this for bo2 more then waw tho.
Not as much as you think, but all I'd have to do to convert this from waw to bo2 is very little so when I am done with waw I'll make it into a bo2 tool box. I still have love for waw modding, I haven't gotten into bo2 yet because I haven't found a good download and I wasn't sure if it was still gsc modding I haven't really looked into it. I'll have to give it a try after this little project. I've just had time off and wanted a project to help me not waste time haha, gotta keep the mind going/working. Still a muscle and gotta work itself out too. Also some people don't have time to go through compressed code/really know how to haha. If you go through some common.ff files there are no "clean" looking scripts persay. They are compressed for the whole restricted space requirements

AoKMiKeY

AoKMiKeY

I am not a man.
Seasoned Veteran Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
No offence but this can literally be done with a post and some pastebin links. I love people getting into application developer and I love seeing people trying to do things in this community but I've already shown a much more suitable way of doing this using github. This project has been long since abandoned but when BO3 first open it's doors to modding I made a simple github repo and just added a README.md and indexed all the files of which where also in the git repo that contained the code and full credit to the creator. [Click here to view this link]. Upon this your idea is some what sketchy. Not all mods will just work if you pull them out of a common.ff, you kind of need permission from the original creators to do this sort of thing too. This could also be made into a pretty easy to maintain website but my github idea is still my favourite because people can suggest edits. Oh you also have the issue of updating the code if it's broken, what is that a new version of the application?

The main issue here is that anyone using this kind of thing likely doesn't know how to mod in the first instance so this is only going to increase the amount of questions asked about why X thing is not working with Y item. When you make a mod menu you custom tailer the mods and scripts to work with each other or to at least know of each others existence so the mods don't conflict, break each other, use to many hud elements, etc.

Okay so aside from all of those things, you application somewhat lacks design / usability. I'd much prefer to see a code right side with a searchable clickable list of items ( maybe in a tree view ) to make it much simpler to see and find the mods you want. Putting everything in buttons is messy. I'm a designer and personally I'd do something like this
fU14lS9.png

Yes, I know... "Did you just design something to prove a point"... Yeah, I kinda did. I have to much free time some time. Hehe. I actually kinda like that design. Very clean.

Sorry. I've just noticed how much I've written. Forgive me :tongue: Hope it doesn't come across to dickish. Just putting my opinion into the mix <3

Sup Im BirDy

Sup Im BirDy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No offence but this can literally be done with a post and some pastebin links. I love people getting into application developer and I love seeing people trying to do things in this community but I've already shown a much more suitable way of doing this using github. This project has been long since abandoned but when BO3 first open it's doors to modding I made a simple github repo and just added a README.md and indexed all the files of which where also in the git repo that contained the code and full credit to the creator. [Click here to view this link]. Upon this your idea is some what sketchy. Not all mods will just work if you pull them out of a common.ff, you kind of need permission from the original creators to do this sort of thing too. This could also be made into a pretty easy to maintain website but my github idea is still my favourite because people can suggest edits. Oh you also have the issue of updating the code if it's broken, what is that a new version of the application?

The main issue here is that anyone using this kind of thing likely doesn't know how to mod in the first instance so this is only going to increase the amount of questions asked about why X thing is not working with Y item. When you make a mod menu you custom tailer the mods and scripts to work with each other or to at least know of each others existence so the mods don't conflict, break each other, use to many hud elements, etc.

Okay so aside from all of those things, you application somewhat lacks design / usability. I'd much prefer to see a code right side with a searchable clickable list of items ( maybe in a tree view ) to make it much simpler to see and find the mods you want. Putting everything in buttons is messy. I'm a designer and personally I'd do something like this
fU14lS9.png

Yes, I know... "Did you just design something to prove a point"... Yeah, I kinda did. I have to much free time some time. Hehe. I actually kinda like that design. Very clean.

Sorry. I've just noticed how much I've written. Forgive me :tongue: Hope it doesn't come across to dickish. Just putting my opinion into the mix <3
The preview you see was made in like 10min man, I ended up just redesigning the program/really wanting to just get the bulk of things done or atleast when I had the motive. Also saying mods from certain mod menus was just so I didnt have to type alot. Just thought it would be a fun project? The only thing it was suppose to do was find a mod you want to post in your GSC, not make a menu or steal menus? Basically click a name of a RELEASED mod and it pastes your script in the rich text box below for copy and paste. I hate searching online for scripts, I already have an organized code archive I updated from RELEASED gsc scripts and have RELEASED mod menus from people that have released them on se7ensins that are clean to just mess with, for example CF3, so i thought compile them into a program since i thought itd be useful. Always room to add and subtract to the project but hey man what do I know i've been gone since like 2010 lol, just wanted to do something ive always wanted to do and compile the scripts into a simple program. Ive done vB script and its easy to make an Updater, search bar etc.. thats why its called beta and preview.. honestly kind of sporadic. but thanks for the constructive criticism :smile:

AoKMiKeY

AoKMiKeY

I am not a man.
Reaction score
Sin$
The preview you see was made in like 10min man, I ended up just redesigning the program/really wanting to just get the bulk of things done or atleast when I had the motive. Also saying mods from certain mod menus was just so I didnt have to type alot. Just thought it would be a fun project? The only thing it was suppose to do was find a mod you want to post in your GSC, not make a menu or steal menus? Basically click a name of a RELEASED mod and it pastes your script in the rich text box below for copy and paste. I hate searching online for scripts, I already have an organized code archive I updated from RELEASED gsc scripts and have RELEASED mod menus from people that have released them on se7ensins that are clean to just mess with, for example CF3, so i thought compile them into a program since i thought itd be useful. Always room to add and subtract to the project but hey man what do I know i've been gone since like 2010 lol, just wanted to do something ive always wanted to do and compile the scripts into a simple program. Ive done vB script and its easy to make an Updater, search bar etc.. thats why its called beta and preview.. honestly kind of sporadic. but thanks for the constructive criticism :smile:
I did assume that it would have just been a simple concept. Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea, I just feel like your executing it wrong. I'd like to see something more community driven, so when someone makes a script they like they could post it to a website a bit like i showed off and then people would be able to see and use the code. It would do the same as you want but it would be easier to maintain because it would be a website, it would allow people to help you. You could extend the system to other games, etc. If you like the idea of making it into a website then hit me up through pm's or something and I could make and design the website ( it's what I do best :tongue: ) and you could work on getting all the scripts and filling the database. If you like that idea that is. I also have a huge amount of scripts archives and I could likely release some of my private ones :tongue: Give people a reason to come and have a look.

Sup Im BirDy

Sup Im BirDy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I did assume that it would have just been a simple concept. Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea, I just feel like your executing it wrong. I'd like to see something more community driven, so when someone makes a script they like they could post it to a website a bit like i showed off and then people would be able to see and use the code. It would do the same as you want but it would be easier to maintain because it would be a website, it would allow people to help you. You could extend the system to other games, etc. If you like the idea of making it into a website then hit me up through pm's or something and I could make and design the website ( it's what I do best :tongue: ) and you could work on getting all the scripts and filling the database. If you like that idea that is. I also have a huge amount of scripts archives and I could likely release some of my private ones :tongue: Give people a reason to come and have a look.
bog came up with the MySQL data base idea for the program to run off, instead of the files being run into the exe. Maybe we should all chat and just make a project out of it. Mine was simple but hard work. Didn't put my thought really but both ideas I like tbh. I've just been working. I'll pm u. Already made the archive, but ik how to do that stuff too.

AgreedBog381

AgreedBog381

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
bog came up with the MySQL data base idea for the program to run off, instead of the files being run into the exe. Maybe we should all chat and just make a project out of it. Mine was simple but hard work. Didn't put my thought really but both ideas I like tbh. I've just been working. I'll pm u. Already made the archive, but ik how to do that stuff too.
I have the database done and it searches perfectly. However, I cba to go through my menus and get the code lol. Also I thought, why not let people upload code themselves. So when they run the program, they can popup a page to upload content and put the name,group of the mod (ex. Basic scipts, advanced scripts, editors, gametypes, etc. ), description, code, picture (optional), gif(optional), and author (optional). You can have syntax checks to make sure the code is real code and doesnt have errors either. Then you can have people rate mods and if it is 1 star then an admin can check it out to see if it is a fake or is poorly made? Admins being everyone who actually helps to code this project, atm me and birdy. This project can be more for devs like in bo2 and bo3 because nobody is doing waw atm.

AoKMiKeY

AoKMiKeY

I am not a man.
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the database done and it searches perfectly. However, I cba to go through my menus and get the code lol. Also I thought, why not let people upload code themselves. So when they run the program, they can popup a page to upload content and put the name,group of the mod (ex. Basic scipts, advanced scripts, editors, gametypes, etc. ), description, code, picture (optional), gif(optional), and author (optional). You can have syntax checks to make sure the code is real code and doesnt have errors either. Then you can have people rate mods and if it is 1 star then an admin can check it out to see if it is a fake or is poorly made? Admins being everyone who actually helps to code this project, atm me and birdy. This project can be more for devs like in bo2 and bo3 because nobody is doing waw atm.
I feel like we high jacking this project haha. Yeah, Sup Im BirDy Sup Im BirDy Just get me in a chat with you guys, You can get me on my discord, I think it's listed on here http://mikey.pro or just any of the other things on there. Not sure how many people use discord atm :tongue: would be cool to chat about this. I know bog pretty well although He's much better at programming than me now ( the little ****, of whom is older than I ). So if you wanted to go down the programming route for a application like thing then I can very easily write the a web backend to suport things like users, votes, ratings, uploading etc. (and) or I can just design the application.

Last edited:
AgreedBog381

AgreedBog381

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I feel like we high jacking this project haha. Yeah, Sup Im BirDy Sup Im BirDy Just get me in a chat with you guys, You can get me on my discord, I think it's listed on here http://mikey.pro or just any of the other things on there. Not sure how many people use discord atm :tongue: would be cool to chat about this. I know bog pretty well although He's much better at programming than me now ( the little ****, of whom is older than I ). So if you wanted to go down the programming route for a application like thing then I can very easily write the a web backend to suport things like users, votes, ratings, uploading etc. (and) or I can just design the application.
https://gyazo.com/518622a9f32b6792c6e86064a2229226
This is the design so far, so you can either search for a single mod or a group.

AgreedBog381

AgreedBog381

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
less rounded haha :tongue: If your gunna use my design try and keep it quite close to my orignal because I made it to be UI and UX friendly. Basically easy to use and clean to view
Yeah I was just playing around with the graphicsPath class seeing what I could do to a default panel and how rounded I could get it lol. If you can, tell me the rgb colors,font,fontsize,etc you used and I can make it exact.

AoKMiKeY

AoKMiKeY

I am not a man.
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I was just playing around with the graphicsPath class seeing what I could do to a default panel and how rounded I could get it lol. If you can, tell me the rgb colors,font,fontsize,etc you used and I can make it exact.
I've got you on discord now so I'll send over the designs spec in a bit :smile:

Smokey xKoVx

Smokey xKoVx

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The thing im thinking about (with this) is people are just going to copy and paste lit everything into a base they have found and i doubt anyone will give credit for it.
which kinda makes me think its a waste of time doing all of this lol?
to me, it aint really worth spending hours (maybe days) doing all of this just for that to happen lol.

Sup Im BirDy

Sup Im BirDy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

nice dudes! ive just been super busy with work since my last post.. back on my 14 hr days of fun time. just let me know whats going on and ill throw in where and what i can. we can deff add b02 and 3 but in respect to waw its gotta be there too.. maybe cod4 too? could turn this into a wiki for current made/working mods? this is pretty cool and i like the concept you guys have put it into. i guess the name of the post should be changed :dead::roflmao:

Top Bottom
Login
Register