What's new

Solved Watch videos on 360 from computer?

DrastiK

DrastiK

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright well recently i have been trying to watch movies on my xbox from my pc. From my understanding, you are able to do this, but i might be wrong. I don't have Vista so i don't have that Windows Media Center thing and apparently that's what you have to use. But i go to the Video Library option on the dash and i click on the computer that's mine and it says no videos found. Is there even a way that i can watch movies on my xbox from my computer? The reason being is that my computer monitor is much smaller than my TV and i can't hook my TV up to my comp, and the 360 does read burnt DVDs so idk what to do.

Anyone?

MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You can't do that. That option on the dash is to watch movies from your PC on your 360. (the opposite of what you want.) Get a VGA cable so you can hook up your 360 to your monitor. That's the only thing i could tell you.

D

Dot

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
IMC_MINICHIMP said:
You can't do that. That option on the dash is to watch movies from your PC on your 360. (the opposite of what you want.) Get a VGA cable so you can hook up your 360 to your monitor. That's the only thing i could tell you.
He's right. You can't do that, the only thing you can do is use a VGA cable to hook your 360 up to your monitor.

Here is what you need to do that: HERE

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Your both reading his thread wrong. He is not asking if he can watch videos from his xbox on his computer. He is asking how to watch them on the xbox from the computer.

Also You need media center to stream the videos. I think you can download the extender from xbox.com or just go to microsoft and download it there. Also i think there is another way too.

xl All Pro lx

xl All Pro lx

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
there wrong. eclipse way is correct or you can go this rout. download this program called twonky media. i use it. just put all your video files in one folder. if you need help let me know its pretty easy

DrastiK

DrastiK

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Your both reading his thread wrong. He is not asking if he can watch videos from his xbox on his computer. He is asking how to watch them on the xbox from the computer.

Also You need media center to stream the videos. I think you can download the extender from xbox.com or just go to microsoft and download it there. Also i think there is another way too.

Well i was looking for a download of media center and the only one i could find is one that was on microsoft.com and i couldn't download it unless i had vista.

MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:

oops... :rolleyes:

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
DrastiK said:
Well i was looking for a download of media center and the only one i could find is one that was on microsoft.com and i couldn't download it unless i had vista.
Do you have windows XP?
media center
pro
home?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Well if you cant download it i can and ill upload it for you and you can get the extender that way.

Or actually i found this for Windows XP service pack 2
Step 1: Download Windows Media Player Software.
Step 2: Launch Windows Media Player.

• On your Windows XP-based PC, launch Windows Media Player.
Step 3: Turn on media sharing.

• Click the arrow below the Library tab, and then click Media Sharing .
  • In the Media Sharing dialog box, select the Share my media to check box.
  • In the list of devices below the Share my media to check box, select your Xbox 360 console.
  • Click Allow .
  • Click OK .
Step 4: Configure your Xbox 360 console.

• In the Media area of the Xbox Dashboard, select Music, Pictures , or Videos .
  • Select your PC. The PCs on your network are listed by name.
  • Tip: if a media source is already selected, press X to select a different media source.
  • Select an item to play it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register