• Thread starter Sinconic HD
  • Start date
  • Views 7,902
S

Sinconic HD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Last Updated: 8/22/14

I have created this thread due to the lack of support the wasabi team has put out there.
This thread is for these uses only! :

PS: I do not condone piracy in any type of way! (THAT SHALL NOT BE DISCUSSED ON HERE)
  • Support​
  • Updates​
  • Ideas​
  • Releases​
  • Modding​
  • DVD Menu Themes​
  • Sources​
  • Services​
Last wasabi 360 change log:
We have released Wasabi 360 Ultra firmware v1.3 BETA 2 which includes the following changes:
  • Multi disc support for the DVDMenu system.​
  • Fix the missing last 4 digits ODD key "16D4S drives" from WASABI display information.​
Slim Hitachi drives and Lite-On 16D5S drives are supported by Wasabi360S providing that you have the drive key. The drive key for these models cannot currently be extracted automatically and can be obtained through using the RGH mod. There are many tutorials on the web detailing how to extract drive keys using the RGH mods.

We are currently researching support for HDD's with 1024 bytes sector size. This will be supported in a future release.

The Wasabi 360 Ultra users guide has been updated to reflect the changes in this firmware release. Both may be obtained from the downloads page.

DVD Menu Themes:

The wasabi 360 allows you to use a onscreen GUI [a.k.a the dvd menu]
to select iso files that are on your HDD. These DVD Menu's are written in
a simple .xml generation code which is compiled to a iso format using a
tool provided by the wasabi team. A default theme is also provided which
looks like this:

Some may also have taken the time to create there own.
Like this one:

SOURCE

Getting started on a custom menu:

1. Download the DVD Menu tool and default DVD Menu HERE.
Virus Scan

2. Download DVD Styler HERE.
Virus Scan

3. Download this high end .xml editor HERE
Virus Scan

4. Follow the steps to create a default DVD Menu for your wasabi 360 provided by
http://www.wasabi360.com/

5. Once your default menu is created go to:
C:\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\WasabiManager\wasabi-menu.xml <--- open this
with DVDStyler to view the default menu.

6. If you would like to change things such as background and arrow images go to your DVD Menu
tool folder and in the folder called default you can replace those images. - Make sure they have
the same name!

7. If you want to change things such as:
  • Game icons​
  • Icon size​
  • Arrow size​
  • Text size​
  • Resolution​
  • Button locations​
  • Add commands​
  • Add new features​

Open the Theme.xml file with your xml editor and modify what you would like. - The theme.xml file is located in your default folder!

Once you are done save the xml and open up the wasabi 360 DVD menu creator to generate your new menu. :wink:

Many things will be added in the near future.

Currently all wasabi 360 ultra products are discontinued. If you would like to purchase one you would have to scavenge the depths of the web.​

Last edited:
A

Amnesys

Praise Cheesus
Reaction score
i wish the developers would stop being lazy and add more features to the wasabi.

S

Sinconic HD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried editing the existing firmware. But binary is not my cup of tea.
I even tried remaking the dvd tool generator. Everything went well up until the wasabi-360.DAT file, idk how that file is generated.

T

tronfamily4

Reaction score
Has anyone updated their xbox 360 to the current dashboard with wasabi360? Will it affect the wasabi or games?

Thanks

T

tronfamily4

Reaction score
Thank you for the fast reply! I will install the update tonight.

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
i wish the developers would stop being lazy and add more features to the wasabi.

they won't. the xk3y team consist of the only developers that care for their products. with the xk3y or 3k3y

S

Sinconic HD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they won't. the xk3y team consist of the only developers that care for their products. with the xk3y or 3k3y
True :meh: , but if you look at the xkey's firmware and dvd menu it's 80% similar. The file formats are just changed and some things are re-arranged. I wonder why? *Cough*
The wasabi is older. If anyone can disassemble there dvd menu tool that would be nice, I want to know how the (.dat) file is generated.

Ps the tool is encrypted.:wink:

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
True :meh: , but if you look at the xkey's firmware and dvd menu it's 80% similar. The file formats are just changed and some things are re-arranged. I wonder why? *Cough*
The wasabi is older. If anyone can disassemble there dvd menu tool that would be nice, I want to know how the (.dat) file is generated.

Ps the tool is encrypted.:wink:

when was the wasabi released?

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
xk3y was announced on April 25th 2011 wasabi 360 was announced on 29.7.2011 so roughly they've been in development around the same time.

okay so yeah, that whole argument of them being 80% similar is bull. the xkey and 3key have been updated plenty of times. yes, its a little bit more expensive, but you're getting a superior product.

A

Amnesys

Praise Cheesus
Reaction score
okay so yeah, that whole argument of them being 80% similar is bull. the xkey and 3key have been updated plenty of times. yes, its a little bit more expensive, but you're getting a superior product.
I just think it pointless arguing over which is better they basically do the same thing.

C

Chelsea Grinner

LETS BURN THIS BASTARD TO THE GROUND
Reaction score
Nevermind, I found the on a German support forum.

Last edited:
D

digitalslick

Reaction score

Last Updated: 8/22/14

I have created this thread due to the lack of support the wasabi team has put out there.
This thread is for these uses only! :

PS: I do not condone piracy in any type of way! (THAT SHALL NOT BE DISCUSSED ON HERE)
  • Support​
  • Updates​
  • Ideas​
  • Releases​
  • Modding​
  • DVD Menu Themes​
  • Sources​
  • Services​
Last wasabi 360 change log:

DVD Menu Themes:

The wasabi 360 allows you to use a onscreen GUI [a.k.a the dvd menu]
to select iso files that are on your HDD. These DVD Menu's are written in
a simple .xml generation code which is compiled to a iso format using a
tool provided by the wasabi team. A default theme is also provided which
looks like this:

Some may also have taken the time to create there own.
Like this one:

SOURCE

Getting started on a custom menu:

1. Download the DVD Menu tool and default DVD Menu HERE.
Virus Scan

2. Download DVD Styler HERE.
Virus Scan

3. Download this high end .xml editor HERE
Virus Scan

4. Follow the steps to create a default DVD Menu for your wasabi 360 provided by
http://www.wasabi360.com/

5. Once your default menu is created go to:
C:\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\WasabiManager\wasabi-menu.xml <--- open this
with DVDStyler to view the default menu.

6. If you would like to change things such as background and arrow images go to your DVD Menu
tool folder and in the folder called default you can replace those images. - Make sure they have
the same name!

7. If you want to change things such as:
  • Game icons​
  • Icon size​
  • Arrow size​
  • Text size​
  • Resolution​
  • Button locations​
  • Add commands​
  • Add new features​

Open the Theme.xml file with your xml editor and modify what you would like. - The theme.xml file is located in your default folder!

Once you are done save the xml and open up the wasabi 360 DVD menu creator to generate your new menu. :wink:

Many things will be added in the near future.

Currently all wasabi 360 ultra products are discontinued. If you would like to purchase one you would have to scavenge the depths of the web.​
So the site is down. Where can i download the latest firmware and rest?

P

punks123

Reaction score
any one know if the firmware 1.3 beta 2 will work with the latest xbox360 dashboard?

Top Bottom