Last Updated: 8/22/14
I have created this thread due to the lack of support the wasabi team has put out there.
This thread is for these uses only! :
PS: I do not condone piracy in any type of way! (THAT SHALL NOT BE DISCUSSED ON HERE)
- DVD Menu Themes
Last wasabi 360 change log:
We have released Wasabi 360 Ultra firmware v1.3 BETA 2 which includes the following changes:
- Multi disc support for the DVDMenu system.
- Fix the missing last 4 digits ODD key "16D4S drives" from WASABI display information.Slim Hitachi drives and Lite-On 16D5S drives are supported by Wasabi360S providing that you have the drive key. The drive key for these models cannot currently be extracted automatically and can be obtained through using the RGH mod. There are many tutorials on the web detailing how to extract drive keys using the RGH mods.
We are currently researching support for HDD's with 1024 bytes sector size. This will be supported in a future release.
The Wasabi 360 Ultra users guide has been updated to reflect the changes in this firmware release. Both may be obtained from the downloads page.
DVD Menu Themes:
The wasabi 360 allows you to use a onscreen GUI [a.k.a the dvd menu]
to select iso files that are on your HDD. These DVD Menu's are written in
a simple .xml generation code which is compiled to a iso format using a
tool provided by the wasabi team. A default theme is also provided which
looks like this:
Some may also have taken the time to create there own.
Like this one:
Getting started on a custom menu:
1. Download the DVD Menu tool and default DVD Menu HERE.
2. Download DVD Styler HERE.
3. Download this high end .xml editor HERE
4. Follow the steps to create a default DVD Menu for your wasabi 360 provided by
5. Once your default menu is created go to:
C:\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\WasabiManager\wasabi-menu.xml <--- open this
with DVDStyler to view the default menu.
6. If you would like to change things such as background and arrow images go to your DVD Menu
tool folder and in the folder called default you can replace those images. - Make sure they have
the same name!
7. If you want to change things such as:
- Game icons
- Icon size
- Arrow size
- Text size
- Button locations
- Add commands
- Add new features
Open the Theme.xml file with your xml editor and modify what you would like. - The theme.xml file is located in your default folder!
Once you are done save the xml and open up the wasabi 360 DVD menu creator to generate your new menu.
Many things will be added in the near future.
Currently all wasabi 360 ultra products are discontinued. If you would like to purchase one you would have to scavenge the depths of the web.