What's new

Discussion Was The PSN Hacking An Inside Job?

• Thread starter Buzz Lightyear
  • Start date
  • Views 616
B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh lawdy. Figured I'd post here and not the homepage, since the HP is overloaded with Sony threads. :tongue:

Of course this could be a crazy coincidence, but many sites are reporting that Sony pink slipped ~ 200 employees from ... get this -- their online (SOE) division! Whaaat? Really?

Come turnover time, March 31st, 2011, Sony issued 2-week notice layoffs and if you look at a calendar two weeks later is around the same time Sony shut down shop ... give or take a few days.

Out of 200 online now ex-employees, I'm sure someone would have the necessary know-how to pull this off. Very possible, but again it's circumstantial.

da0d65f1854ee754e4a29987f2798944.png

It is merely a coincidence, but it has just crossed the mind(s) of anyone who has been following this news.

I highly doubt that a former employee would risk serious jail time for such an act. Then again, revenge is a dish best served cold. And this is as ****ing cold as it can get.

Source - PS3-Hacks

xILemonHeadIx

xILemonHeadIx

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Well to pull this off they would either have had to have spent weeks scanning and mapping their network and security features. I suppose it's possible that an ex-employee did this since they would already have knowledge of how their network was structured.

B

Board Message

Getting There
Free Hoster Experienced Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
ehh just another conspiracy.. I doubt it was a former employee but you never know, whoever did it was sure skilled at detecting Sony's weakness in the system and exploiting it thats for sure.

Top Bottom
Login
Register