Was The Division successful enough to warrant a sequel?

Discussion in 'Tom Clancy's: The Division' started by GrayRat, Jul 26, 2018 with 5 replies and 483 views.

1. GrayRat

GrayRat Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It launched with a lot of hype and the premise and setting of the game was good, plus it had the Tom Clancy name. But the game lost its player base very fast and eventually became a dead game.

Do we need a sequel for The Division? Shouldn't Ubisoft have invested the money in a new IP?

2. boonk

boonk 7's 4 eva

Ratings:
    Massive incompetence in balancing the gear and the mechanics took quite some time to complete, but, eventually corrected alot of flaws the game initially had in the beginning. Most gamers have a difficult time building a unique character to dominate over other gamers, is another big reason why so many decide to go back to pre package shooters. I actually like the idea of building a monster with simple arithmetic. This might not be appealing to younger gamers who want to just pick the gun up, and hit the ground running.

3. Vegeta

Vegeta 宇宙のマスター

Ratings:
    The real reason TD failed in my opinion.

I don't think a sequel was needed and by the looks of the E3 footage they showed, I strongly believe we have another Watch Dogs scenario on our hands where the final product won't be close to being the same demonstrated at E3. Ubisoft needs a new IP and they need one bad, I'm tired of the same games being pumped out by developers and publishers but alas, if you have a cash cow, business 101, utilize it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. boonk

boonk 7's 4 eva

Ratings:
    I also seen Massive entertaining the idea to make major changes to the core mechanics of the game, and to completely remove some features that die hard fans, like myself, would overwhelmingly disagree. This could be serious mistake if your base doesn't like the changes, on top of trying to get more gamers to The Division. The fact that Massive is modeling the District(D.C.) as the our new place to roam, could be cool.

5. Frank

Frank se7en *clap* sins *clap* review Staff

Ratings:
    To be honest the story was good enough to warrant a sequel and the side content was good its just most people quit before they unlocked everything like you reach level 30 and then a whole new world opens up. 1.8 update saved the game and gave it reason and hype for Division 2. Honestly its also a multiplayer game although you can go solo its no fun without at least a +1

6. Mildew

Mildew Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Definitely worth a few sequels. Hopefully they make it like the first one was on release or release of gear sets. 1.8 was okay but before everybody started complaining the game was best. The story line was amazing and I really really hope I can find out whatever happened to Eric Keener.