• Thread starter TMan11
  • Start date
  • Views 5,544
TMan11

TMan11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
corrupted save happens if the server crashes while you are saving.

the only thing other then this apparent new thing that gets rid of inventory is the fire grenade and that only happens if you throw it in an elevator.

Yep, Totally True.

N

Nick

Enthusiast
Donator Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah he is right it happened to my friend. I was in the game with him, I never pick up weapons as I don't need them, he picked it up and started cussing me out an hour later. But I can't remember its name but i can vouch for the guy.

Travis 6t6

Travis 6t6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, this idiocy really needs to stop. There is only one thing that acts even remotely like this on the 360 and that is a grenade. Furthermore, it isn't activated by picking it up. Picking it up adds it to your inventory, like all other items (OMFG, so awful). The item deletes your inventory and resets you to 2 weapon slots when thrown in an elevator. Which is why the previous poster's friend cussed him out "an hour later".

But my point is, this is about as fake as fake gets. That isn't how the game works, quit saying it is. I don't want to cause any argument, but either picture proof, or fake. It goes against all rules of the game and even after the discussion has been going on so long, there is no proof. Seeing is believing, and I've (or most others for that matter) seen about as much as a blind man.

Cliche 7S

Cliche 7S

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol I don't think this is real but I'm grounded so it doesn't affect me anyways XD

bkaSPIDER

Original Kyle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you kids ever heard about backing up your game save? damn you guys are getting worked up for nothing <_<

colossus252

colossus252

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you kids ever heard about backing up your game save? damn you guys are getting worked up for nothing <_<

i dont really care for this, as it only affects people who get mods from other people and stupid people who dont back up their saves, but this is a direct quote from the person who started the thread, maybe 3-4 posts down
The good side to the people who ACTUALLY mod not just some dumb annoying *** 8 year old that gets modded guns from begging is that people who mod USUALLY tend to back up saves, so it is not that big of a problem for the people who have backed up saves on their computer
so, even though i dont really care about the fact that this exists, (or that i was hoping that something like this would come up), read previous posts before u ask them if they've ever heard of something already mentioned :wink:

M

mrcoffee98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
not everybody thats comes to this site is a modder! some come here just to ask for assistance or what have you. not being a modder such a person would have no reason to back up their saves since ANYTHING that is being made is being handed out like candy on Halloween. some may have the opinion that "why should i waste my time modding when in 5 minutes little johnny look what i can do will give me his entire inventory"! either that or people show off their toys and little johnny comes by and steals it.

L

LaxModz1

Reaction score
Sin$
Yea its def real. It happened to a buddy of mine then i looked it up its called the Physco Grenade. There is 2 types of Physco grenades though. One copies the creator's inventory and gives it to the person using the grenade and the other deletes your save and sometimes leaves Trojan to screw with you later on your xbox

Yea its def real. It happened to a buddy of mine then i looked it up its called the Physco Grenade. There is 2 types of Physco grenades though. One copies the creator's inventory and gives it to the person using the grenade and the other deletes your save and sometimes leaves Trojan to screw with you later on your xbox

w0lfschild

w0lfschild

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Yea it's defiantly not real. There is a psycho (not physco?) grenade and there is only one type. All it does is remove all item data from your save when you throw it in an elevator. There is no such thing as a trojan for the xbox and even if there was it would have nothing to do with borderlands item code, I mean for christ sake it's just like any other item! The only reason it has the effect is because when you throw it in an elevator the game thinks your on a different team (psycho's, you are normally team 255 which should represent disabled aka FF) and guess what the changeteam command does, if you guessed wipe all your item/inventory data then your right if you didn't then you're just dumb.

Seriously though the xbox community is so dam gullible I could seriously say that if you eat turkey sandwiches while playing xbox you will RROD and some retard out there would stop eating turkey sandwiches..

There very well could be some item that destroys everyone's save in game but it sure as hell aint the psycho grenade and on top of that no matter what anybody says there is no way to damage an xbox or any of its stored content other then that of the current game no matter what game you are playing because the other data is not being accessed and therefore the only way it can be lost is if your hard drive had a hardware issue and died. Even then there is a game save for every game in existence for xbox it really wouldn't be to hard to get back at least most of your precious unlocks and game progress.

Hopefully this clears up the issue and honestly if you are worried about this then just make a back-up I mean Christ, even someone with no skill can make a backup just by changing storage device in-game that way when it saves you will have a copy on your normal device hdd presumably and now you will have a new backup on whatever other device you changed too.

So please there is no more need for discussion /thread

-w0lfschild

N

Nick

Enthusiast
Donator Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
But my point is, this is about as fake as fake gets. That isn't how the game works, quit saying it is. I don't want to cause any argument, but either picture proof, or fake. It goes against all rules of the game and even after the discussion has been going on so long, there is no proof. Seeing is believing, and I've (or most others for that matter) seen about as much as a blind man.

Yeah, but isn't that what they said about modded weapons the day of the 1.3 patch?

game-tutsdotcom

game-tutsdotcom

Reaction score
Sin$
corrupted save happens if the server crashes while you are saving.

the only thing other then this apparent new thing that gets rid of inventory is the fire grenade and that only happens if you throw it in an elevator.

Lol seriously?

GrittenKitten

GrittenKitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
tldr; Corrupting with an unknown weapon? Sounds possible but also bulls*** at the same time.

Travis 6t6

Travis 6t6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, but isn't that what they said about modded weapons the day of the 1.3 patch?
Yeah, that was day of, changed within a week. It has been over a month on this and still nothing. I call bulls***. Big f***ing bulls***. I don't see how you can't comprehend that this is not how the game works. Dropping an item in game won't delete an entire save, and it certainly won't happen by an item being dropped in game.

And that was about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It is a freaking weapon/item code! Have you ever tried getting anything else to spanw in-game, let alone have it show up as a grenade? It won't spawn in. Unless the game has a magical weapon or item type for Psycho Grenade Trojans Epic Hax, then what you said is entirely impossible, and everyone who has read that post is now a little stupider because of it.

Can we please get a mod to lock this thread? It's a bunch of idiots trying to scare bigger idiots into believing the impossible and improbable is real and out to get them.

TMan11

TMan11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, that was day of, changed within a week. It has been over a month on this and still nothing. I call bulls***. Big f***ing bulls***. I don't see how you can't comprehend that this is not how the game works. Dropping an item in game won't delete an entire save, and it certainly won't happen by an item being dropped in game.

And that was about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It is a freaking weapon/item code! Have you ever tried getting anything else to spanw in-game, let alone have it show up as a grenade? It won't spawn in. Unless the game has a magical weapon or item type for Psycho Grenade Trojans Epic Hax, then what you said is entirely impossible, and everyone who has read that post is now a little stupider because of it.

Can we please get a mod to lock this thread? It's a bunch of idiots trying to scare bigger idiots into believing the impossible and improbable is real and out to get them.

By the sounds of your attitude, you are one of the only ones who is negative about this subject. If you do not like the topic or anything about it, just don't come back...I am not going to go do flaming but lots of people all ready have come here and reported that it is true. Once again the games is not deleted from the hard drive. "It is Corrupted" And i do not know if it is reversible. If you are going to keep being negative about a Topic of any sort. Just save both me, you, and other people the effort and go post somewhere else.

Travis 6t6

Travis 6t6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
By the sounds of your attitude, you are one of the only ones who is negative about this subject. If you do not like the topic or anything about it, just don't come back...I am not going to go do flaming but lots of people all ready have come here and reported that it is true. Once again the games is not deleted from the hard drive. "It is Corrupted" And i do not know if it is reversible. If you are going to keep being negative about a Topic of any sort. Just save both me, you, and other people the effort and go post somewhere else.
You said yourself, in the OP, that it deletes your save. Are you now being self contradictory? Plus, just think logically here, if having an item in your save corrupts it, how does the person get it into the game in the first place to drop it? To bring it there in the first place, they must have had it in their save, and it would therefore have already have corrupted his save, so he couldn't bring it in the game. And nothing is "activated" by being dropped on the ground, again, not how the game works. And for something to be "activated" by being picked up, you need to equip it from the ground or in your backpack, and that will only be a problem with negative health and ammo regen items and weapons, which won't corrupt or delete a save.

As for me being the only negative, did you even read the topic? There are more people calling it fake than real, and the only people who've said real, have either said it was the psycho grenade, have left no real descriptiveness of it, or have left descriptions that better match the psycho grenade than your mystery object.

And as for me flaming, I apologize if it seemed that way, but have you even listened to yourself or read the posts I replied to? I made valid points against obvious fallacies in logic. And as I've said before, for what you claim and act like is an imminent threat, yet after over a month you can show no proof of it and your arguments are becoming self-contradictory. It almost seems like you were trying to make me seem like the bad guy to cover up your own flaws. I'll quit posting against this either when I see proof or you let the argument drop. I play Borderlands online often, and have since I've owned it, and I've never seen anything matching (any of) your descriptions.

TMan11

TMan11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You said yourself, in the OP, that it deletes your save. Are you now being self contradictory? Plus, just think logically here, if having an item in your save corrupts it, how does the person get it into the game in the first place to drop it? To bring it there in the first place, they must have had it in their save, and it would therefore have already have corrupted his save, so he couldn't bring it in the game. And nothing is "activated" by being dropped on the ground, again, not how the game works. And for something to be "activated" by being picked up, you need to equip it from the ground or in your backpack, and that will only be a problem with negative health and ammo regen items and weapons, which won't corrupt or delete a save.

As for me being the only negative, did you even read the topic? There are more people calling it fake than real, and the only people who've said real, have either said it was the psycho grenade, have left no real descriptiveness of it, or have left descriptions that better match the psycho grenade than your mystery object.

And as for me flaming, I apologize if it seemed that way, but have you even listened to yourself or read the posts I replied to? I made valid points against obvious fallacies in logic. And as I've said before, for what you claim and act like is an imminent threat, yet after over a month you can show no proof of it and your arguments are becoming self-contradictory. It almost seems like you were trying to make me seem like the bad guy to cover up your own flaws. I'll quit posting against this either when I see proof or you let the argument drop. I play Borderlands online often, and have since I've owned it, and I've never seen anything matching (any of) your descriptions.

This has never happened to me but to a few of my friends, they all where in the same lobby and everything, what i tell you are the reports, i did not and still have not experienced it myself, I have had a couple of people tell me" Oh Oh i found it, it is some type of grenade" -_- Of course that is not what i was reported. So all i was told by me three friends(which i would tell but none are members to the site, so i would not want them to worry about this.)is that some random guy came in and dropped some RIFLE. They then picked it up because they said he/she dropped around 10-30 of them. Right after the player (Who Dropped them) left and they just messed with it, it was just around 250 X 3 Damage...I think.....One soon left and did not come back on until later the NEXT day. The rest of them (all 2) Went and played MW2, They then played later like 2:00 in the morning and they both had corrupted saves, i later asked if they wanted to go play and they told me that their saves got corrupted. They soon had a itch that the recent item ( The rifle) they picked up might of been the problem. I was picking around asking friends and a few other websites including this on about some kind of "Save Destroyer" Gun that a website said, i ask one of my other friends about it and he said that he heard about something like that but it was a corrupting save gun. So i thought it was a good connection. I told my friends that their is a save Corrupting gun possibly going around that can or will destroy your save. I then reported it here so all members of this gaming community would be aware of this possible threat. I have unfortunately had no new info about this..So if you do not think this is true but a few others are saying so just like me, then i guess we can i have heard no recent news for this so maybe he was banned..i don't know..As for the flamming we can just let it go, i don't want to cause any problems with any members, so please forgive me if i have lead you in the wrong direction...i was only trying to help. :tongue:

Thanks for listening,
Tman

xDysnomiax

xDysnomiax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i have a gun like that, kinda
Code:
gd_itemgrades.Weapons.ItemGrade_Weapon_Launcher_Rocket
gd_manufacturers.Manufacturers.Maliwan
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.A_Weapon.WeaponType_rocket_launcher
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.Body.body5
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.Grip.grip3
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.mag.mag5
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.Barrel.barrel4_1shot
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.Sight.sight5
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.Stock.stock5
None
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.acc.acc5_Incendiary
gd_weap_shared_materialparts.ManufacturerMaterials.Material_Maliwan_3
gd_weap_names_shared.Prefix.Prefix_Quality3_Genocide
gd_weap_names_shared.Title_Tech.Title_DTIncendiary4_Inferno
It loses the title after leaving and loading back up, corrupting your save. {on pc}
also does on my RL

TMan11

TMan11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i have a gun like that, kinda
Code:
gd_itemgrades.Weapons.ItemGrade_Weapon_Launcher_Rocket
gd_manufacturers.Manufacturers.Maliwan
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.A_Weapon.WeaponType_rocket_launcher
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.Body.body5
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.Grip.grip3
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.mag.mag5
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.Barrel.barrel4_1shot
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.Sight.sight5
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.Stock.stock5
None
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.acc.acc5_Incendiary
gd_weap_shared_materialparts.ManufacturerMaterials.Material_Maliwan_3
gd_weap_names_shared.Prefix.Prefix_Quality3_Genocide
gd_weap_names_shared.Title_Tech.Title_DTIncendiary4_Inferno
It loses the title after leaving and loading back up, corrupting your save. {on pc}
also does on my RL

Huh, pretty neat. I have heard that you can now make all pc saves into xbox saves but i do not think you can just add and convert whatever you want and have it work and vice versa too.

ryokea

ryokea

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Huh, pretty neat. I have heard that you can now make all pc saves into xbox saves but i do not think you can just add and convert whatever you want and have it work and vice versa too.
You can dump the weapons, items, echo logs, quest completion, and things like that to files and then import them into a PC/Xbox save using WillowTree#. I haven't heard of a direct converter before so correct me if I am wrong.

Top Bottom
Login
Register