Working ***WARNING*** Must Read Before Duping or Selling Dupes

I L0sT I

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Putting the same custom bumper should matter...your allowed to have multiple personal plates on cars...its the stock plates that need to come off right? 
Putting the same custom bumper should matter...your allowed to have multiple personal plates on cars...its the stock plates that need to come off right?
Shouldn't matter

xXxKillaxXx

Your mom's side dude
Reaction score
Pics are broken. I tried to post pics of my plate list disappearing.

It's only happening on dupes.

WhoBangdMurfsMom

PLAYSTATION
Reaction score
I can still change mine but the dupes are from the original solo method and they all already have custom plates because I had just dupe my personal retro that wasn't fully molded for sales. I'm going through them all now and changing the plates again and changing some of the modifications on all of them so there are different besides just plates... see how it goes.

Reaction score
The restrictions on this are unknown at the moment. A RepeatCapOffender is 9 months so you have some hope down the road. Without knowing how long this period is, I would try not to hit it. Also, If you are already listed as RepeatCapOffender and now Detected for Dupes...who knows what their plan is.
So technically they could decide to do a ban wave on RepeatCapOffenders? Is a ban wave even possible? Because I became a RepeatCapOffender about a month ago. Do you recommend I stop selling for now and just replace all license plates on the dupes?

Nick2014

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So technically they could decide to do a ban wave on RepeatCapOffenders? Is a ban wave even possible? Because I became a RepeatCapOffender about a month ago. Do you recommend I stop selling for now and just replace all license plates on the dupes?
I'd say more of a money wipe. They want you to stay in the hopes you'll buy shark cards. Look at the folks with modded accounts. Rather than banning them, they wiped they're accounts. And also, I would of gave up dupes the moment I hit that sale limit.

Reaction score
I'd say more of a money wipe. They want you to stay in the hopes you'll buy shark cards. Look at the folks with modded accounts. Rather than banning them, they wiped they're accounts. And also, I would of gave up dupes the moment I hit that sale limit.
Eh I would give up if I had 100+ dupes, but I only have about 25 left so it's not too bad. Just probably not gonna dupe again for awhile. But, are the chances of a money wipe high as of now or low? Or is no one able to answer that as of now...?

Dr Yap

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can confirm custom plates don't show up on dupes, but show up on non-dupes, and can't be ordered through iFruit. The order comes through in-game, but doesn't come up as a work order.

As someone who has never hit the cap, and sells 8 over 30 hours usually spread out 3-2-3 over those 30 hours, damage them a bit so they all aren't the same price, and waits 8-15+ minutes apart, should I be worried? Or are these methods moot with their new code?

Snoopsta

GtaIV cops n crooks crew
Reaction score
Make an ifruit custom plate order for a non duped car.
Do NOT fill that order, leave it pending
This will put your custom plate in the list of plates.
Then drive your dupe to lsc and apply the custom plate from your list. 
If your like me and have 30 custom plates already made, just put a different one on 30 dupes.
Sell those 30 dupes using whatever method you use to not get hit with the daily sell limit then do it to 30 more.
Tried it didn't work for me new dupes have no option for further plates no matter how many plate orders are open

nhjyys

Glitcher
Reaction score
I always replaced the plates and sold them.
I sold 50 cars for two days and stopped today.
I can not sell any more today, but I am satisfied.
For reference, my sales limit is 7.

xXxKillaxXx

Your mom's side dude
Reaction score
Tried it didn't work for me new dupes have no option for further plates no matter how many plate orders are open
Yeah its not working for me now either. I've tried everything to get them to appear, but haven't had any luck yet.

Snoopsta

GtaIV cops n crooks crew
Reaction score
As I always change plates B4 sell noticed this yest morning
Every other dupe I own from several glitches all are fine
Just affected last dupe glitch.

Snoopsta

GtaIV cops n crooks crew
Reaction score
This is worrying but nobody seemed too bothered yesterday.
Thanks for efforts Killa

Snoopsta

GtaIV cops n crooks crew
Reaction score
Duped street cars are non sellable I believe.
As of now i would suggest players to not sell any new dupes unless fitted with personal plates.
Not trying to cause panic.
At least till Friday or next dupe glitch whereon personal plates can be fitted on first dupe

BoatyMcBoatface

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Previously duped street cars you can sell I believe. I checked mine from the last iteration of the street car glitch just before and I have the Sell option. Not even going to bother for the time been selling them. Wish I had changed the plate initially when i started duping but I wonder if that would even matter when it comes to the whole dupe detect thing, considering you'd have an arseload of the same fully modded vehicles in the garages? It would be pretty obvious how they came to be. Not that clued up on the whole dupe process and how R* would check these things mind you.

Cheezedoodles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you guys think this is mostly if you sell the same car/dupe many times in a row?

My guy feel is that gta doesn't store the license plate of each car that you sell. It might check against recent sales or the previous car you sold but I really doubt they have a database with the entire history?if they did they would certainly have a database of all the cars you own and they could just whipe anybody with 180 elergys...

I mean if they would have that detailed info we would all have been banned ages ago right? So wouldn't it work to sell different dupes?

hijay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have about 60 elegy retro customs from that low rider glitch back in December, when they took a while to patch it, do I have to use these methods to sell them?

SergioMath

Reaction score
I understand that this was found through code scavenging. I indeed can report as well that the plates are no longer an option for the duped elegies. Has anyone actually reported being dropped to the 1 car limit though? I have a handful of old dupes, and a shipload of new dupes. Any workarounds?

Top Bottom