WARNING GLiTCHING MAY GET YOU BaNNED

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: World at War' started by integratedzero, Aug 13, 2009 with 27 replies and 1,527 views.

1. integratedzero

integratedzero Premium Premium

Ratings:
    so it might not just be modding now but glitching will also get you banned i'm not sure but i have'nt modded anything in few months an today i decided i would get up a couple thousand rounds in zombies but i failed and only got 269 or something and now I'm console banned:cursing:

2. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    Treyarch cant console ban you, you were doing other things, maybe you used a profile editor to mod your gamerscore, or flashed your drive, etc

3. ShadowZ

ShadowZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ^^^^
    Just like Venomous said.

Is that all you have modded? Sure you didn't do anything else naughty?

4. OP
    integratedzero

integratedzero Premium Premium

Ratings:
    i really haven't done anything except my avatars skin color but that was a like 2 months ago why would ban me now it's just to much of a coincidence.also treyarch have said that they going to console ban

5. XboxMySocks

XboxMySocks Getting There

Ratings:
    Treyarch said they'd collaborate with MS and Sony to hand out console bans. I'd suggest not glitching anyways.

6. OLine57

OLine57 ALL GAVE SOME. SOME GAVE ALL. 343

Ratings:
    This pisses me off. They fully support pc modding, but have a cow over console modding. If you're in a multiplayer match cheating or glitching or hacking, I can totally understand being suspended or banned. But when you do it in private matches for fun, there should not be banning going on. I guess I understand the leaderboards thing, but the leaderboards will never be legit anyways. Look at the top scores, kills accuracy, etc. It's ridiculous.

7. XboxMySocks

Ratings:
    Like I said in other topics, Console modding will never be. There's just no way to properly incorporate a GUI for modding into a console, so they just abolish it completely and tell you it's agains their EULA's and TOU, which it is. It's a perfectly legitimate reason, and if you want to ***** about that then go ahead, it's the truth. I bought the PC version just for the ability to mod, and it was way cheaper then the console version is. PC will always be much better and versatile for modding. It's the unfortunate truth.

8. kudos1111

kudos1111 Newbie

Ratings:

I dont see why glitching even in multiplayer should get you banned. It was their design that created the glitch! If they dont like people using them then they should do a better job creating the program!

• Like Like x 1
  9. OLine57

Ratings:
    I agree with that to a certain extent. When I first started learning about glitching and cheating online, I did it all the time. My thoughts were exactly that. "Don't cry to me because I'm using something that they left in the game." But the more I did it, the more I realized what a douche bag I was for doing it. Somebody said in some other post that the perfect video game has yet to be made. That is 100% accurate. There are maybe a couple thousand people total that are involved with the video game creation process. And I'm including marketing and research, etc. Maybe a couple hundred that actually create the game. There are literally MILLIONS of people that play the games they create. There will inevitably be some glitch or exploitation that is found, especially when people are looking for them. Yeah, they find all sorts of glitches and fix them before the game is released, but they simply do not have the manpower to find and fix all glitches. The gamers try things that the developers simply never thought of, simply because there are more of us than there are of them. Hope this gives you a different perspective. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    Agreed. The player who has preformed a glitch in the game doesn't deserve any harm from the game developers. A Glitch is within the game, a mess-up so to speak. Modding is different on the other hand. You manually mod the game yourself, doing it on purpose in order to change the game. Like I said, glitches are just apart of the game. They can't ban you for something that they forgot to fix.

11. OLine57

Ratings:
    Well.... IDK about that. I mean take getting out of the map on multiple maps in COD 4 and 5. I'm pretty sure that killing somebody from outside/under the map that can't kill you back or even see you would be considered cheating. And I'm pretty sure that Microsoft likes to ban cheaters. Something about using in-game exploits to influence the outcome of the game. Again, I'm not saying I never did it, but looking back now I realize what a turd I was for doing it, and that it did ruin the experience for others.

• Like Like x 1
  12. turdferguson92

turdferguson92 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hey my name's turd.

i take that offensively

13. ShadowZ

ShadowZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I remember when I used to get under maps... Good time, glad I did it too cause those damn juggerwhores with the mp40s are just plain ******s. When they make a game that is as horrible as WaW they shouldn't get mad at people using these types of things. And seriously, a console ban? That is absurd for just doing a little bit of save modding to make zombies funner... If they are so pissed about people messing up *their* leaderboards then *they* should be deleting them off of them...

14. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    Well I can understand that you could possibly get banned or suspended for glitching out of the map, because I can see that it might be considered cheating and unfair. Like you said, it ruins others' experience, and oh-no Microsoft doesn't like that. What I was trying to say was that I don't think it is fair if they ban you for glitching.

15. XboxMySocks

Ratings:
    Getting out of the map = glitching.

16. kudos1111

kudos1111 Newbie

Ratings:

Yes I can definately see that side of it...I do agree with it but I still dont see a huge issue with it. The majority of people out here playing know the glitches and know how to counter them after they get killed a few times from someone being in the glitch. Instead of people just running around with Jugernaut and acting unrealistic to the game anyway it makes them slow down a little and think about how to move around the map and kill their enemies. Thats why I say it enhances the game it makes you think:thumbup:.
    I do appreciate the perspective though!!:smile:

17. Killomatic

Killomatic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I mean if someone accidently does a glitch, and they get suspended/ banned then thats wrong... but if someone abuses the glitch and screws the game balance then they should be

18. XboxMySocks

Ratings:
    wat

19. OLine57

Ratings:
    I seriously almost fell out of my chair, I was laughing so fu**ing hard. <wipes tears away from eyes>

20. XboxMySocks

Ratings:
    Imagine the phone call (My dad's a cop and gets ridiculous situations like this all the time, I'm practically quoting someone)
    "Yes, I'm here to talk with a representivie about my ban, I accidentally glitched to round 3274234672345646752657376854786235667852345 and I'd like to tell you that it is completely unfair that I got banned for this. I mean come on, It's almost legit what I did! This is ridiculous."
    And I lol'd at you lol'ing at my joke XD